50Feaux

First Name
Mike Lowery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
Hi all, my first posting here. Just made an account to show you the pictures I took.
For everyone jumping between Chalk and Ice Grey like I did, please find some pictures below

Chalk/Crayon on the left, Ice Grey on the right. Chalk looks quite flat to me, the metallic of the icegrey makes it look much more "deep" if that is the right word... Sorry, I'm German ?

The great thing about IceGrey is that it changes color based on the light. In the showroom it looked almost silverish from far away. Getting closer it looks almost like pearl white. I have 2 vids showing it in the sun as well as cloudy, but the file size is too big to be uploaded here.
If anyone knows how to upload videos let me know.
IMG_2968.jpeg
IMG_2969.jpeg
IMG_2974.jpeg

Hope this helps. I've changed my order from crayon to chalk with gloss black wheels.
Wow! This is nice!

BB_680

First Name
Bodo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Icegrey Turbo
Country flag
From Chalk/Crayon to Ice Grey? I debated between the two colour's for a Turbo, and decided on Ice Grey with Black Mission E Rims and Calipers.. arriving June i think
Oops. I meant "I changed my order from Chat/Crayon to Ice Grey :)

Filback

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SLK, 4 Series
Country flag
Hi all, my first posting here. Just made an account to show you the pictures I took.
For everyone jumping between Chalk and Ice Grey like I did, please find some pictures below

Chalk/Crayon on the left, Ice Grey on the right. Chalk looks quite flat to me, the metallic of the icegrey makes it look much more "deep" if that is the right word... Sorry, I'm German ?

The great thing about IceGrey is that it changes color based on the light. In the showroom it looked almost silverish from far away. Getting closer it looks almost like pearl white. I have 2 vids showing it in the sun as well as cloudy, but the file size is too big to be uploaded here.
If anyone knows how to upload videos let me know.
IMG_2968.jpeg
IMG_2969.jpeg
IMG_2974.jpeg

Hope this helps. I've changed my order from crayon to chalk with gloss black wheels.
Would really like to see those videos.

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
Its hard to tell due to auto white balance, but does the ice gray have a blue undertone?

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
Its hard to tell due to auto white balance, but does the ice gray have a blue undertone?
Imho, Dolomite silver has a blueish under tone depending on the light. Ice Grey goes between pearl white and light grey.

Last edited:

BB_680

First Name
Bodo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Icegrey Turbo
Country flag
Yes it definitely has a slight blueish undertone. This is the reason why I wanted to see both colors in person. The pictures do the color justice very well.

I was kinda scared that the blueish undertone would be too much, but it looks amazing. It also changes color a bit based on the weather conditions. In the dealership it looked almost like pearl white. In the sun it looks whiteish, in cloudy conditions it looks greyish with a slight blue undertone. Chalk was too much of a beige for me in the end. I have also changed the wheels. With Chalk I wanted to go for the platinum Mission E-Wheel, now I'll go for the black metallic wheel, just like on the pictures, but with black PSCB.

I also added the sports design package in gloss black. Hated it in the configurator and on pictures. Too much plastic! But in the flesh. Jesus. Completely changed my mind. It looks amazing.

ranger22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT3, GT3RS, Cayenne GTS, Raptor
Country flag
I would be interested too! I cannot change my build now, but anything Ice Grey is appreciated as reassurance!
Ice Grey is a really slick color. It’s very similar to Audi’s Suzuka Gray, though this one is metallic and the Audi is Pearl. I think the Audi may be a tad darker too. I took a pic the other day of Ice Gray next to Dolomite. Dolomite shows a lot of car contours, but looks like an older paint color. Ice Gray is a really modern color and just looks awesome. That my opinion anyway.

Porsche Taycan ICE GREY Taycan Club F9596F8A-6226-4F66-982F-0B8BE3284B15
Porsche Taycan ICE GREY Taycan Club B33B9228-324B-4B40-900D-849DE3DBE42F
Porsche Taycan ICE GREY Taycan Club 04F2B8FA-363B-4E64-A982-A5AB9F761BF3

DLP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey Turbo
Country flag
Ice Grey is a really slick color. It’s very similar to Audi’s Suzuka Gray, though this one is metallic and the Audi is Pearl. I think the Audi may be a tad darker too. I took a pic the other day of Ice Gray next to Dolomite. Dolomite shows a lot of car contours, but looks like an older paint color. Ice Gray is a really modern color and just looks awesome. That my opinion anyway.

F9596F8A-6226-4F66-982F-0B8BE3284B15.jpeg
B33B9228-324B-4B40-900D-849DE3DBE42F.jpeg
04F2B8FA-363B-4E64-A982-A5AB9F761BF3.jpeg
They are great photos and many thanks for taking the time to post... certainly a unique look and these photo's have just confirmed i made the right choice! Thank you

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
Here is the link where you can download the videos: https://we.tl/t-lWW2OUSE3R
Thanks for sharing. It’s interesting how the colors shift as the distance changes. The beige in chalk comes out when you get closer to it, as does the grey in Ice Grey. From a distance chalk looks white, and Ice Grey looks white-Ish, but darker. I wonder if that’s the auto white balance in the camera. The video reaffirms my choice of Ice Grey over Chalk. Any day now…
Sponsored