OP
TAYC4S

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
I almost regret my choice every time @TAYC4S posts these pictures. Almost :-D
Haha... Crayon is stunning as well...I am sure anyone picking crayon will be very pleased with their choice. - If I had to choose again I would only pick one of those two colours (with the current options available), so I think either choice is perfect...

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
Haha... Crayon is stunning as well...I am sure anyone picking crayon will be very pleased with their choice. - If I had to choose again I would only pick one of those two colours (with the current options available), so I think either choice is perfect...
I got a compliment for the colour from the guy who parks next to me in my garage (BMW 5-series hybrid). I think I must have planted a little Porsche-seed in his mind by the look of his face.

I agree. These two colours, which could be described as light grey both of them, are the most interesting in the line up and they're not even metallic!

Pleased you put ‘almost’ on the end as I switched from ice to crayon! Hoping I can share pics mid December!
I will call that a Christmas present!

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
Ice Grey Metallic next to Crayon. Personally I thought it was that new coffee beige colour but the driver said it was Crayon...
Coffee beige is a metallic so it has some reflection, and it is slightly pink in certain lights. Now we just need a white car next to those for the full spectrum.

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
Ice Grey Metallic next to Crayon. Personally I thought it was that new coffee beige colour but the driver said it was Crayon...

32791534-EDA8-4412-B3EF-D6FDDD972298.jpeg
The beige tinge in crayon is the reason I changed my mind so many times between ice and crayon, although it feels like I’m the only one who notices the beige tones. Anyway, went with crayon in the end as couldnt see ice. Car should be on boat this weekend, so hopefully have soon.

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
The beige tinge in crayon is the reason I changed my mind so many times between ice and crayon
There is no beige tint in crayon, it's an error in white balance on most of the photos you see. My car is grey, more or less the same colour as this text box. Here's an example for you in better lighting:

Porsche Taycan ICE GREY Taycan Club IMG_7778.JPG

but they're both smashing colours and I don't think you can go wrong either way.

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
There is no beige tint in crayon, it's an error in white balance on most of the photos you see. My car is grey, more or less the same colour as this text box. Here's an example for you in better lighting:

IMG_7778.JPG

but they're both smashing colours and I don't think you can go wrong either way.
Hope your right, although I have seen crayon in person on a Macan on a very overcast day and thought it looked beige. I will caveat this with I am well overdue an eye test though!

Your avatar looks grey, but pics have a hue of beige still.

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
I will caveat this with I am well overdue an eye test though!
I bought new glasses this summer and it feels like my eyesight is worse than ever, not sure if you should trust me :CWL:

The photo in the avatar was taken on an overcast day with an android phone. The picture above is taken in a garage with some kind of LED lighting on my iphone. Indoor lighting does weird things to car paints. People who stop me love the colour and those who have described it call it grey and not beige, at least.

SYN_Skydance

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s and MG ZS EV
Country flag
Can anyone please confirm that this is an ice grey Taycan, in this video? If so, I might just have change my crayon build to ice.

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
That video is a year old, so that is carrara white.

SYN_Skydance

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s and MG ZS EV
Country flag
Wow, really?

I thought it might of been silver but I thought it looked to light to be Dolomite silver. Does the Carrara white have that much silver fleck in the metallic?

I think this is why I’m finding it so hard to choose a colour. They all look stunning. Hats off to Porsche.

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
I basically spent the time from mid-may to mid-august staring myself blind on photos of porsches in different colours. At some point I questioned my sanity.

OP
OP
TAYC4S

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
Can anyone please confirm that this is an ice grey Taycan, in this video? If so, I might just have change my crayon build to ice.

It is not. Ice Grey Metallic is only available on MY21 cars forwards. I have already posted several pictures of the car in this colour in this forum, as have others...hopefully that helps

porsche_coyote

First Name
Wiley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4 AWD Pro S, BMW i3
Country flag
Wow, really?

I thought it might of been silver but I thought it looked to light to be Dolomite silver. Does the Carrara white have that much silver fleck in the metallic?

I think this is why I’m finding it so hard to choose a colour. They all look stunning. Hats off to Porsche.
I'm pretty sure you're right that it's Dolomite Silver. Watching the video for a while, I think they color corrected it too far into the 'warm' yellow region and it took some of the blue out of the silver color. You can really tell this when you look at the presenter's face in the exterior shots.
Sponsored