HerrCooles

First Name
Herr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ice grey
Country flag
The color looks much, much better outdoors than it does indoors. As others have written, the color is like a chameleon. And I know what I'm writing - I also have one in this color.

thenaimis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Ice Grey is so light dependent. It looks white to me in this picture.
I suspect most of the posted pictures have been taken with phone cameras where the only white balance is auto white balance, so it's trying to make everything look the same.

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
Porsche Taycan ICE GREY Taycan Club E7A318BD-9CF2-4954-916C-0BD0E394FC50

I went with the 20” Turbo aero because I road trip a lot and wanted the efficiency. I used the money I “saved” to buy a second set of wheels with winter rubber. My car is coming with summer/performance rubber. I’ve always been of the opinion that all seasons are not worth the trade off, especially on a performance car.

BUT OMG do I love this. It’s the 21” mission E wheel painted Satin Platinum. I don’t even want to know what it would cost to order this separately but it looks great on Ice Grey.

Last edited:

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
BUT OMG do I love this. It’s the 21” mission E wheel painted Satin Platinum. I don’t even want to know what it would cost to order this separately but it looks great on Ice Grey.
I had the same realization on the combination of crayon/chalk and platinum wheels. It looks amazing but paying to upgrade brakes and wheels just makes it too expensive.

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
I've currently selected Dolomite Silver for my RWD build to go with high-gloss trim and badge, black Turbo Aero wheels, and a Crayon interior with Bordeaux Red seat belts, see below.

Porsche Taycan ICE GREY Taycan Club Dolomite Silver 1
Porsche Taycan ICE GREY Taycan Club Dolomite Silver 2
Porsche Taycan ICE GREY Taycan Club Dolomite Silver 3

Usually, I'm not into classic silver colours. However, I like that Dolomite Silver is dark enough to showcase the lines, curves and creases of the body, contrasts beautifully with the gloss black items (panoramic roof, trim, rear light bar, wheels, front lamps), and has a crisp reflection for the lowlights and highlights.

Porsche Taycan ICE GREY Taycan Club IMG_4574
Porsche Taycan ICE GREY Taycan Club IMG_4575
Porsche Taycan ICE GREY Taycan Club IMG_4576
Porsche Taycan ICE GREY Taycan Club IMG_4573

I've eliminated Volcano Grey, Jet Black and Carrara White, as I feel these colours takeaway the details of the body (each to their own). Frozen Blue is also out, as it allegedly doesn't have a great resale value in the UK.

I've seen Crayon and it looks great, but feels a little flat compared to Dolomite Silver for my taste.

Porsche Taycan ICE GREY Taycan Club Taycan Crayon

I haven't been able to view Ice Grey Metallic in real life. I'm not sure if a colour chip at the showroom is going to give me a good indication of how IGM looks and behaves in real life, as I doubt they will have a car in IGM. I have to make a decision by April 16. I've seen the photos and videos posted in this thread.

Is IGM more similar to Dolomite Silver (reflections, highlights, lowlights), or more towards Crayon (flat, stealth)? From what I can see, IGM is a cooler Carrara White, whilst the Crayon is a warmer Carrara White.

Configurator doesn't help at all.

I'm 80% locked into Dolomite Silver, but open to exploring IGM before I need to conclude the build.

Any help appreciated.

HerrCooles

First Name
Herr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ice grey
Country flag
As always, it's a matter of taste.
Personally, I don't like white. Always looks dirty when it's not freshly washed.
Personally, I don't like silver. Is a grandpa color to me.
Chalk is brownish.
IGM is bluish.

IGM looks white in the showroom. You can only look at it outdoors. I don't want to write more about it.
Except that I chose IGM even though the color is new. There was also no vehicle in this color before. BUT I haven't regretted it for a second. I am extremely happy with it.

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
I was able to view the two together. Dolomite had a blue hue that I didn’t love.

I was also able to view Ice Grey next to white, and that’s what solidified it for me.

I might have gone for red, but my last three Model S’s were red and I needed a change.

This first picture isn’t mine. Someone else posted it and I found it very helpful

Porsche Taycan ICE GREY Taycan Club CA5B8F93-8D85-44D8-BA6E-415C29BEA538

Porsche Taycan ICE GREY Taycan Club A89067F5-9FC7-4F10-BF8C-02789C00F6E8
Porsche Taycan ICE GREY Taycan Club 41383650-5A9F-4099-936D-C857949CE719

The last two I took. The bottom one is Dolomite.

jimithing

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Macan Turbo, 2014 Panamera GTS
Country flag
Thanks! That car is almost exactly how I specd my car. Very helpful
I saw it when I went to pick up my car yesterday and this is correct. The Ice Grey is stunning but I had to stop somewhere on the price.

SeattleYates

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S, PanameraTurbo,993cab,i8/M5/M3/914
Country flag
Not exactly shade but taken at dusk as the light was fading...Hope it helps @HerrCooles

IMG_0979.png

IMG_0981.png
In the second photo, the white car in the background looks WAY different/whiter. Is this an accurate depiction of ice gray, and is the difference between it and white really that dramatic?