Robe68

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan, Fiat 500 , Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
I have just discovered and joined the forum, so I thought I would post my thoughts having just collected my second Taycan an Ice Grey GTS

My first car a Gentian Blue 4s was collected the day before the first COVID lockdown in March 2020, having had a deposit down for a year before the official launch in September 2019, very lucky to get it and it was the first and only dealer car to be delivered until after the lockdown ended, I had no handover and it was my first EV, so had to take the keys and drive it home, but I wanted the car and having owned Porsche's before was happy to ' work it out ' for myself.

Loved the car two years of pretty much trouble free motoring, a few electrical bugs but nothing that stopped me driving the car, did 8,000 miles and only went to the dealer for the various software updates. To me it was like having a larger 911 albeit not as nimble but addictive acceleration and good enogh handling for what I required.

Placed a speculative deposit on a GTS September 2021, having had 991 GTS , I knew this would be the sweet spot of the range, ordred on launch day and was allocated the first dealer spot, delievery was meant to be mid March but due the well known about supply problems this was pushed back a month so not too bad and I eventually collected it on Friday last week.

A few comments on the spec, I did not want to go overbaord on options so kept it to £10k,

1. Ice grey - I have a black Macan and had Gentian blue so wanted a different colour, and something not too in your face, so pleased with the Ice Grey, subtle yet different and really works with all the black accents on the GTS
  2. I went full race tech interior in red, I had this is my previous GTS and wanted the car to fee sporty, having had full leather in my previous Taycan, so pleased I did, love the race tech and I have never had wear issues before, I do 6,000 miles a year so not excessive but for me a GTS has to have it.
  3. I dropped the passenger screen I had before, never used it
  4. I dropped the rear air con, I don't have rear passengers that often and the regular air con is good enough
  5. I dropped the middle seat as again not used and wanted all the seats to match
  6. I love the GTS sport sound, I didn't have it on my last car and it sounds great, deep and sporty
  7. I have the new PCM with coloured icons, it is faster than my last car, I never really minded the older version but this better.
  8. It does have the GTS badging on the side skirts thankfully
  9. I went to gloss black door handles and lower mirror trims to break up the side of the car and compliment the charge port, I think it works well
  10. Didn't spec rear wheel steering, I have never had it so not missing it, although I know many of you say it is a must have but I needed to keep the options sensible and I wanted the full race tech interior and pano roof .
    Porsche Taycan Ice Grey Taycan GTS delivered IMG_5063 2
I have not done many miles in the car yet, but I love it, stupidly fast, yet just as comfortable as the 4s, I have not tried all the suspension settings yet but normal mode feels the same as my 4s did to be honest, and I had 20 inch wheels before and now have 21s, so no complaints there.

I will post more pictures when I get a chance, but wanted to post my first thoughts on the car.

Hope this is useful
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
Beautiful car
It’s seems the orders are trickling through.
First GTS arrived at my dealer.
Hopefully mine is next, this month, May!
It is very simiar

Ice grey - I have a black Macan and had Gentian blue so wanted a different colour, and something not too in your face, so pleased with the Ice Grey, subtle yet different and really works with all the black accents on the GTS

I have Crayon for same reasons.

I went full race tech interior in red, I had this is my previous GTS and wanted the car to fee sporty, having had full leather in my previous Taycan, so pleased I did, love the race tech and I have never had wear issues before, I do 6,000 miles a year so not excessive but for me a GTS has to have it.

Agreed love the Race Tex, I just didn’t turn it up to 11 with the Red. Seat belts would be filthy after summer holidays withkids in back. Not a fan of carbon fibre. Will miss badge on steering wheel though.

I dropped the passenger screen I had before, never used it
Agreed. My son zoomed out to whole planet then tried to set Nav destination to Antarctica! Failed then set it for Vienna! (We weren’t going to Vienna)

I dropped the rear air con, I don't “have rear passengers that often and the regular air con is good enough

Agreed. When kids in back they can mess around and override your front settings! Maddening!

I dropped the middle seat as again not used and wanted all the seats to match
Agreed

I love the GTS sport sound, I didn't have it on my last car and it sounds great, deep and sporty
Agreed

I have the new PCM with coloured icons, it is faster than my last car, I never really minded the older version but this better.
Agreed

It does have the GTS badging on the side skirts thankfully
🤞🏻
I went to gloss black door handles and lower mirror trims to break up the side of the car and compliment the charge port, I think it works well
Looks nice. I resisted that.

Didn't spec rear wheel steering, I have never had it so not missing it, although I know many of you say it is a must have but I needed to keep the options sensible and I wanted the full race tech interior and pano roof .

Agreed RWS not a must have. I have Pan roof to allow roof rack! It’s brighter in the back for the kids so obviously I didn’t make it darker again with Privacy glass!

IMG_5063 2.jpg

I have not done many miles in the car yet, but I love it, stupidly fast, yet just as comfortable as the 4s, I have not tried all the suspension settings yet but normal mode feels the same as my 4s did to be honest, and I had 20 inch wheels before and now have 21s, so no complaints there.
Same wheels. Red callipers. Gorgeous.

I will post more pictures when I get a chance, but wanted to post my first thoughts on the car.
Looking forward

Hope this is useful
It’s especially useful if you want to make me jealous!

LLA53

First Name
Iain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE Grey Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have just discovered and joined the forum, so I thought I would post my thoughts having just collected my second Taycan an Ice Grey GTS

My first car a Gentian Blue 4s was collected the day before the first COVID lockdown in March 2020, having had a deposit down for a year before the official launch in September 2019, very lucky to get it and it was the first and only dealer car to be delivered until after the lockdown ended, I had no handover and it was my first EV, so had to take the keys and drive it home, but I wanted the car and having owned Porsche's before was happy to ' work it out ' for myself.

Loved the car two years of pretty much trouble free motoring, a few electrical bugs but nothing that stopped me driving the car, did 8,000 miles and only went to the dealer for the various software updates. To me it was like having a larger 911 albeit not as nimble but addictive acceleration and good enogh handling for what I required.

Placed a speculative deposit on a GTS September 2021, having had 991 GTS , I knew this would be the sweet spot of the range, ordred on launch day and was allocated the first dealer spot, delievery was meant to be mid March but due the well known about supply problems this was pushed back a month so not too bad and I eventually collected it on Friday last week.

A few comments on the spec, I did not want to go overbaord on options so kept it to £10k,

1. Ice grey - I have a black Macan and had Gentian blue so wanted a different colour, and something not too in your face, so pleased with the Ice Grey, subtle yet different and really works with all the black accents on the GTS
  2. I went full race tech interior in red, I had this is my previous GTS and wanted the car to fee sporty, having had full leather in my previous Taycan, so pleased I did, love the race tech and I have never had wear issues before, I do 6,000 miles a year so not excessive but for me a GTS has to have it.
  4. I dropped the rear air con, I don't have rear passengers that often and the regular air con is good enough
  5. I dropped the middle seat as again not used and wanted all the seats to match
  6. I love the GTS sport sound, I didn't have it on my last car and it sounds great, deep and sporty
  7. I have the new PCM with coloured icons, it is faster than my last car, I never really minded the older version but this better.
  9. I went to gloss black door handles and lower mirror trims to break up the side of the car and compliment the charge port, I think it works well
  10. Didn't spec rear wheel steering, I have never had it so not missing it, although I know many of you say it is a must have but I needed to keep the options sensible and I wanted the full race tech interior and pano roof .
    IMG_5063 2.jpg

Hope this is useful
Great colour, I have the Ice grey 4S on mission E wheels, bought it off the showroom floor so already highly specced , I was thinking of the GTS next but need to keep the cost similar to my current 4S and that has 30k of options on it so that should be the same as a GTS +10k as yours, so thanks for the post

X88

First Name
Zain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag

IMG_5063 2.jpg

Hope this is useful
Nice looking car ... thanks for posting

X88

First Name
Zain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Beautiful car
It’s seems the orders are trickling through.
First GTS arrived at my dealer.
Hopefully mine is next, this month, May!
It is very simiar

Ice grey - I have a black Macan and had Gentian blue so wanted a different colour, and something not too in your face, so pleased with the Ice Grey, subtle yet different and really works with all the black accents on the GTS

I have Crayon for same reasons.

I went full race tech interior in red, I had this is my previous GTS and wanted the car to fee sporty, having had full leather in my previous Taycan, so pleased I did, love the race tech and I have never had wear issues before, I do 6,000 miles a year so not excessive but for me a GTS has to have it.

Agreed love the Race Tex, I just didn’t turn it up to 11 with the Red. Seat belts would be filthy after summer holidays withkids in back. Not a fan of carbon fibre. Will miss badge on steering wheel though.

I dropped the passenger screen I had before, never used it
Agreed. My son zoomed out to whole planet then tried to set Nav destination to Antarctica! Failed then set it for Vienna! (We weren’t going to Vienna)

I dropped the rear air con, I don't “have rear passengers that often and the regular air con is good enough

Agreed. When kids in back they can mess around and override your front settings! Maddening!

I dropped the middle seat as again not used and wanted all the seats to match
Agreed

I love the GTS sport sound, I didn't have it on my last car and it sounds great, deep and sporty
Agreed

I have the new PCM with coloured icons, it is faster than my last car, I never really minded the older version but this better.
Agreed

It does have the GTS badging on the side skirts thankfully
🤞🏻
I went to gloss black door handles and lower mirror trims to break up the side of the car and compliment the charge port, I think it works well
Looks nice. I resisted that.

Didn't spec rear wheel steering, I have never had it so not missing it, although I know many of you say it is a must have but I needed to keep the options sensible and I wanted the full race tech interior and pano roof .

Agreed RWS not a must have. I have Pan roof to allow roof rack! It’s brighter in the back for the kids so obviously I didn’t make it darker again with Privacy glass!

IMG_5063 2.jpg

Same wheels. Red callipers. Gorgeous.

Looking forward

Hope this is useful
It’s especially useful if you want to make me jealous!
Agreed! I'm jealously awaiting my Dolomite Silver GTS to be delivered ... currently scheduled for August

OP
OP
Robe68

Robe68

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for all your comments .

Here are a few interior shots … the carmine red stiching and belts are not too bright in person and the carbon accents are matt so again subtle and lift the dark grey race tech .

Porsche Taycan Ice Grey Taycan GTS delivered CC79901C-B5C3-4BEE-A173-7DFF3AE9B31F

Porsche Taycan Ice Grey Taycan GTS delivered 7DD06A60-8890-4A4E-9F2F-237F54D8B1A1

Porsche Taycan Ice Grey Taycan GTS delivered 5133BCAE-1779-460C-A079-AB2B9DEA3140

OP
OP
Robe68

Robe68

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
One other thing I just remembered having been raised on other posts … I don’t have the metal edged accelerator pedal as per the standard spec info … have not raised this yet with the dealer as seems to be the same on all GTS cars delivered so far , not a big deal to be honest .

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
Looks lovely.

(Which dealer do you use?)

OP
OP
Robe68

Robe68

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks….Colchester , been using them for many years always had a good experience

Swellmels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Carrera S, Range Rover, BMW X5 40e
Country flag
Gorgeous car, have not seen the Grey Mist in person and our order locks on the 15th of May. Can't choose between the Grey Mist or Volcano Grey. We have a 992 in Chalk (Crayon) so want something different.

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks….Colchester , been using them for many years always had a good experience
My nearest dealer too.

They've been great thus far. Just wish Porsche would hurry up and get some GTS ST allocations their way.

Jasong

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M5
Country flag
Lovely car! I have a taycan GTS sport turismo on order, only ordered a month or so ago and have been informed I’m not likely to take delivery until the beginning of 2024. I really want the GTS but have been told if I switch to the 4S I should have it by the end of this year. It’ll be my first Porsche so I’m inclined to get one sooner and switch. There seems to be a few of you on here with experience of the Taycan 4S, so I’m interested to hear if you think the GTS is worth waiting for over getting 4S this year?

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
Lovely car! I have a taycan GTS sport turismo on order, only ordered a month or so ago and have been informed I’m not likely to take delivery until the beginning of 2024. I really want the GTS but have been told if I switch to the 4S I should have it by the end of this year. It’ll be my first Porsche so I’m inclined to get one sooner and switch. There seems to be a few of you on here with experience of the Taycan 4S, so I’m interested to hear if you think the GTS is worth waiting for over getting 4S this year?
I had a 4S and I am getting a GTS.
I had an extensive test drive in a GTS and I could tell no difference dynamically.
Perhaps Lars Kern can tell the difference and get round the Nurburgring 2 seconds quicker with that RWD bias and extra torque vectoring!
For us mortals there is no difference!

I definitely would take the 4S a year earlier.
Especially if you intended to de-GTS the GTS with a leather interior! Then it’s a 4S with a body kit and a different badge and better headlights!
Also don’t bother trying to make a 4S a GTS with 20 k of extras. Chucking money away. A base 4S is lovely.
Wheels, paint plus 5k of extras will give you your perfect sensibly priced car that will hold its value and trade it in for a GTS in 2024!
Win win.

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Also don’t bother trying to make a 4S a GTS with 20 k of extras. Chucking money away. A base 4S is lovely.
Wheels, paint plus 5k of extras will give you your perfect sensibly priced car that will hold its value and trade it in for a GTS in 2024!
Win win.
You either have a broken configurator or are a Trapist Monk to have that sort of restraint!

Everyone *needs* Race-Tex roof lining and B-pillar. Ditto LED courtesy lights and ambient lighting.

Why only have 2 zone air con when you can have 4? And even Kias have front and rear seat heaters and hot steering wheels now.

Not sure how you expect the poster to see in the dark without matrix headlights, nor park up in those small spaces at Lidl without RAS. And when he's parked, do you really want him to have to touch the door handles? That's the butler's job ffs.

And I dare anyone to look at Acid Green on the configurator and not consider selling a child (but only the least favourite one of course).

Give it that 12mth wait and 5k will be a pipedream.
Sponsored