OP
OP

RKZ

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Panamera GTS sold 2023 Taycan 4s Arrived!
Country flag
If you don't order it I would add Power Steering plus which makes a big difference at slow speeds. The Taycan CT is very similar in dimensions to my X5 so I didn't add it to my configuration as I have had 3 X5 so very used to driving a reasonable large vehicle everyday. I test drove a Taycan GTS with it and only noticed it when doing a u turn which the car made in one manoeuvre and my wife commented that it turned like a London taxi. Overall I felt I can live without it and would rather spend the money on things.
Hmmm, that is an interesting thought. However, as I quickly check the Porsche US Configurator, I do not see a "Power Steering plus" option on the 2023 build. Is that possibly also referred to as Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus (PTV+)?
Sponsored

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
@RKZ Our Panamera was also a 2013 CPO that we had for almost 7 years before trading it in on a Taycan 4S!

As it happens, we do have the thermally and noise insulated glass. I would NOT get it again. We have a lot of cell phone reception issues in our Taycan that I've never had in any other car. It's really bad. I was trying to upload a pic to this site last weekend from in the car while waiting on my wife and I could literally star and stop the upload by rolling the window up and down.

Not everyone reports this issue, and most people that report it seem to have the insulated glass paired with a metal roof (myself included).

So, if you have a glass roof, it may be okay. But I would definitely not get it with a metal roof, personally.

Regarding the heat in general, I think this can be managed well enough with a good tint.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hmmm, that is an interesting thought. However, as I quickly check the Porsche US Configurator, I do not see a "Power Steering plus" option on the 2023 build. Is that possibly also referred to as Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus (PTV+)?
I think PSP is standard in the US. Check the current standard options list to confirm.

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
I have it on my car and I had a loaner without it. I would consider it essential at that price. Any time you need to make a sharp turn like a u-turn or parking lot naviagtion you will notice it. The car also likes to understeer without it, given the AWD and heavy weight.

Reactions: RKZ

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
No brainer option. Big benefit in tight situations. 6” is huge in a tight parking lot, and it’s more than just turning radius. The ability to square a turn off in a parking lot is huge. I’ve driven both and I would spec it every time.

Reactions: RKZ

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
I've searched this forum for quite awhile looking to get some feedback on whether to add this option to my 2023 4S build. Seems that those who have it say they'd add it again if they were to order the car again and those who don't have say they don't miss it. One of the best comments (here or perhaps another forum) said, "When on the highway, it makes the car feel like a long wheelbase car and when turning at slow speeds it makes a long wheelbase car feel like a short wheelbase car. At $1,630 for the option, I'd love to get feedback from any of you who may have put a fair number of miles on Taycans with and without the option. Thanks!
Unless you live in a world where you only drive straight ahead, turn in shallow bends and never have to do things like U turns or 3 point turn maneuvers in parking lots...the option of rear axle steer is totally worth it

OP
OP

RKZ

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@RKZ Our Panamera was also a 2013 CPO that we had for almost 7 years before trading it in on a Taycan 4S!

As it happens, we do have the thermally and noise insulated glass. I would NOT get it again. We have a lot of cell phone reception issues in our Taycan that I've never had in any other car. It's really bad. I was trying to upload a pic to this site last weekend from in the car while waiting on my wife and I could literally star and stop the upload by rolling the window up and down.

Not everyone reports this issue, and most people that report it seem to have the insulated glass paired with a metal roof (myself included).

So, if you have a glass roof, it may be okay. But I would definitely not get it with a metal roof, personally.

Regarding the heat in general, I think this can be managed well enough with a good tint.
So very helpful, thanks!

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Unless you live in a world where you only drive straight ahead, turn in shallow bends and never have to do things like U turns or 3 point turn maneuvers in parking lots...
Yeah, that sounds like St Louis. 🤣

OP
OP

RKZ

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think PSP is standard in the US. Check the current standard options list to confirm.
You nailed it. Just checked the standard features and it is, indeed, well, standard!

AyTifosi

First Name
Marlon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S, 2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
As other's have said, it's a big car. I've had my 4S for eight months now. While it's fine without the rear steering as I've gotten more accustomed to the car, I still added it to my GTS ordero. I think it will make the car much easier in parking lots, particulary for my wife. Too bad you can't test drive it. Have you reached out to other Taycan owners in your area? Through PCA? Maybe someone has one you can experience..

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, '19 e-Tron, '24 GMC 2500HD Duramax
Country flag
I've searched this forum for quite awhile looking to get some feedback on whether to add this option to my 2023 4S build. Seems that those who have it say they'd add it again if they were to order the car again and those who don't have say they don't miss it. One of the best comments (here or perhaps another forum) said, "When on the highway, it makes the car feel like a long wheelbase car and when turning at slow speeds it makes a long wheelbase car feel like a short wheelbase car. At $1,630 for the option, I'd love to get feedback from any of you who may have put a fair number of miles on Taycans with and without the option. Thanks!
I ordered the Performance Package and RWS was included but I would have ordered it separately if that had been necessary. I think it adds quite a bit to both the overall driving dynamics of the car as well as low speed maneuverability.

BTW, along with RWS are you considering any other performance options like Sport Chrono (highly recommended) or PTV+? At that point, you're starting to approach the cost of the Performance Package as a whole. I know it's easy to strain the budget with all of the various options, but IMO the PP is a relative bargain when you consider everything that's included.

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
RWS has it's benifits at low speed and also at high speed. It's standard on my 991.2 GT3. When my wife ordered her CT4, we were able to do extended test drives in Taycan's with and without RWS. She wanted RWS after that. Parking is the big plus, but I like the stability during high speed turns. IT makes the car feel smaller then it is, and more agile.

tayCanadian

First Name
Amit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Cayenne Coupe E-Hybrid (RIP), 2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I had RAS on my Cayenne coupe. When it came to ordering my Taycan GTS, at first I left it off the build.

After watching this video, I went back and added it to my build. If you haven't seen it already, maybe it will help you understand RAS more and decide if you want it as he does a great job explaining it.

Reactions: B61

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Have to disagree 100% re not getting thermal/noise insulated glass. The noise reduction you feel immediately - no brainer, and very real.

Now in regards heat/humidity, I can gaurantee that STL is not going to beat Houston for heat and humidity :) - we’ve also lately been experiencing feel like (and actual) temps of 105-120 almost every day through June and now July (humidity 60-80%). Def earlier than usual this year.

I had a Macan loaner in this period (late June) with window tint and the very first and very immediate thing I noticed on transitioning from my CT was a MASSIVE difference in heat transfer to the cabin - blew me away and had not quite realized how effective the thermal barrier impact of this glass is- I do also have Xpel tint but no addl IR effect, just tint. I would absolutely recommend getting it for climate regions like ours - another no brainer imo!

I also in 8 months have had zero issues (as I’d argue is true for the majority of pano roof cars here) with cell interference and from what I’ve read to date I suspect that for most of those that experience this that it is as much a carrier/infrastructure issue as anything else - but just a opinion.
Sponsored