SWORDER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
On a 2021 Taycan Turbo S, this popped up yesterday:

Porsche Taycan Ideal Tire Pressure for 2021 Taycan Turbo S one.JPG

...then got a screenshot of the tire pressure indicator which showed...

Porsche Taycan Ideal Tire Pressure for 2021 Taycan Turbo S three.JPG

...and also found this screen:

Porsche Taycan Ideal Tire Pressure for 2021 Taycan Turbo S two.JPG

So it looks like it wants me to put 41 in the fronts and 39 in the rears. Is that actually correct? It doesn't match the recommended tire pressures posted on the door sticker. It's also at odds with some of the material I've read on this forum.

I'm surprised that it wants a higher pressure in the fronts than the rear. Why is that? With my prior car (2015 911 Turbo S), it always seemed to want mid thirties for the front and mid forties for the rear.

Finally, what is "full load" mode? If the "full load" box is checked on one of the tire screens, it demands even more air be put in?

Sorry for the newb-level questions. Just want to make sure I understand what's going on here.

Last edited:

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan Turbo, '05 MINI Cooper S
Country flag
I run my Mission E all-seasons at 42 psi front, 44 psi rear, per door the sticker.

Full load is the rated maximum vehicle gross weight.

Found it: Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) 6,349 lb

Last edited:

SwissTaycan

First Name
Dieter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S arrived on 23.12.20 and 718 Spyder on order
Country flag
I had this problem the other way around when I switched from winter to summer tires — seems someone forgot to to deflate them a little when they took the summer tires out of storage.

My dealer said to ignore the door sticker and trust what is listed on the main screen (assuming you have set the correct tire size and type of tire). So going by the dealer’s advice you should inflate all of your tires for everyday use as the screen suggests. Car should probably be more efficient afterwards as well.

I would define partial load as your everyday commute when you are along in the car and full load when you have the entire family in the car and loaded to the gills. Does the sticker not show two values for fully loaded?

And also yes…. First car I own where there is more pressure on the front than the back.

OP
OP
SWORDER

SWORDER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I had this problem the other way around when I switched from winter to summer tires — seems someone forgot to to deflate them a little when they took the summer tires out of storage.
For some reason, in the twenty years I've been driving 911s (and now with Taycan) I've never understood that whole summer tire vs winter tire bit. Maybe since I've been buying the cars in San Diego and Las Vegas where snow isn't an issue? I basically just keep the tires they give me and don't change them unless I get a nail in one or they tell me the tread is low.

The little tire type indicator defaulted to R21 Summer Tires so I have to assume that's the correct setting.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
For some reason, in the twenty years I've been driving 911s (and now with Taycan) I've never understood that whole summer tire vs winter tire bit. Maybe since I've been buying the cars in San Diego and Las Vegas where snow isn't an issue? I basically just keep the tires they give me and don't change them unless I get a nail in one or they tell me the tread is low.

The little tire type indicator defaulted to R21 Summer Tires so I have to assume that's the correct setting.
the rubber compounds vary differently between the two types of tires, you really would not be safe driving in snowy conditions on a summer tire.

SwissTaycan

First Name
Dieter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S arrived on 23.12.20 and 718 Spyder on order
Country flag
@SWORDER Well in that climate you would not ever need to worry about switching tires.

And as I posted somewhere else when there was talk about summer/winter tires, whilst you do not by law have to switch to winter tires in Switzerland, the rules are you have to always be in control of your car. So in snowy/icy conditions that is not possible with summer tires and kind of creates a defacto: you need to transition to snow tires when things start freezing and it starts snowing.

The other incentive to take this seriously is your insurance might not pay out in case you cause an accident because your tires were identified as the main factor of the accident.

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
@SWORDER Well in that climate you would not ever need to worry about switching tires.

And as I posted somewhere else when there was talk about summer/winter tires, whilst you do not by law have to switch to winter tires in Switzerland, the rules are you have to always be in control of your car. So in snowy/icy conditions that is not possible with summer tires and kind of creates a defacto: you need to transition to snow tires when things start freezing and it starts snowing.

The other incentive to take this seriously is your insurance might not pay out in case you cause an accident because your tires were identified as the main factor of the accident.
How are you guys doing it with the summer/winter swap? Another set of rims or same rims just switching the tire? I don’t have a set of Winter tires yet and don’t know which way to go.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
@kreshi check another thread with pool about summer/winter tyres….
(i’m in similar position than you: will need winter tyres, but i don’t know yet, if i’ll buy originals for 4700€, or some less expencive, 3rd party wheels….)

Kakatus10

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Poverty Spec Taycan 4S 21'
Country flag
For Tire Pressures:
1) Download Porsche 'Good To Know' app
2) Select your MY21 Taycan in the Car configurator to download the manual
3) On Home Page search 'Tire Pressure'
4) Select 'Tire Pressure Tables'
5) Towards the bottom 1/2 of the document it will give you pressures for every size and summer/winter/allseason tire combinations for all models of the Taycan.

Taycan Turbo S with 2 seat (not 3 seat) with 21" Summer Tires partial load (just you not 4 people in the vehicle) ideally should be at:
Front Axel: 2.7 bar (39 PSI)
Rear Axel: 2.6 bar (38 PSI)

Full Load is:
Front Axel: 2.9 bar (42 PSI)
Rear Axel: 3.1 bar (45 PSI)

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
How are you guys doing it with the summer/winter swap? Another set of rims or same rims just switching the tire? I don’t have a set of Winter tires yet and don’t know which way to go.
if you‘ll do frequent swaps, then you want separate rims. If you’ll wear out the tires just in time to swap and don’t care to save them for swapping back, then you can avoid the spare set.

some folks find themselves stuck getting winter rims for a smaller tire size as it can be difficult to find high quality winter tires in the same size as summer performance tires. Ymmv.

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

…. Yeah. You haven’t experienced winter

if you road trip to snow like Tahoe on high performance summer tires you should … rent a different car.

Hessam001

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
What tires do you guys recommend for 22” wheels on a Taycan 4s
Front wheel 22 x 9
Rear wheel 22 x 10.5
I was thinking about going 35 series for the front because I want some extra tire for the pot holes
What do you think of these tires below, do you think it will rub?
Front: 275/35R22
Rear: 305/30R22
Sponsored