If interested in a Taycan 4 Cross Turismo, available discount to be had...

menzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mino cooper S, waiting for taycan CT
Country flag
So my build was the same but technology package instead of the performance package plus the PDCC and thinking instead of waiting to go with this one. What do you guys think? Am I going to miss the 3D camera and the passenger screen. Whatever else is missing I’m fine with; sport sound and HUD.
Sponsored

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
So my build was the same but technology package instead of the performance package plus the PDCC and thinking instead of waiting to go with this one. What do you guys think? Am I going to miss the 3D camera and the passenger screen. Whatever else is missing I’m fine with; sport sound and HUD.
If 3D camera is the surround view, that's part of this build, comes with the premium package. I don't know how impactful the passenger screen is to you and your passenger. If that's it, the color and interior are good for you, then I think you've already made the decision for yourself. :)

menzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If 3D camera is the surround view, that's part of this build, comes with the premium package. I don't know how impactful the passenger screen is to you and your passenger. If that's it, the color and interior are good for you, then I think you've already made the decision for yourself. :)
You’re right. So what’s the active parking support in the tech package

menzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ok I googled and I guess that the car can park itself, had it on previous cars and never used it except to show it off. As long as I have the camera and sensors, I’m good

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
Active Parking Support:
  • The system automatically detects parking spaces. Once the system has signaled that the parking space is a sufficient size, the driver can initiate and control the parking process while still in the vehicle. The system automatically takes over the steering as well as the forward and backward movement of the vehicle. The Active Parking Support is able to park the vehicle in parallel and perpendicular parking spaces.

Demo from a member:
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/demo-of-active-parking-support.7190

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
At the active parking support in the tech package also includes these features (as confirmed by PCNA when we did our order):

Rear Cross Traffic Alert:
  • The Rear Cross Traffic Alert uses the rear radar and, where system limitations allow, warns the driver when reversing slowly of oncoming traffic when the parking aid is activated. The system warns, for example, of critically approaching vehicles when leaving a perpendicular parking space. The information is provided in stages – visually on the PCM screen, audibly and, if necessary, with a jolt of the brakes.
Exit Warning:
  • The exit warning warns of other vehicles approaching from behind when the door is opened. The system uses the LED lighting in the interior door handle as a warning.
Maneuvering Assist:
  • Maneuvering assist can, where system limitations allow, prevent collisions through braking in tight and complex maneuvering situations while in reverse.

mdrobc1213

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, Taycan CT4, 992 Carrera,
Country flag
That's a good point. I have a CT4 of my own on order and the date keeps getting pushed back. Now set for delivery mid-December. There's some rumors that the new legislation getting rid of the FTC could be retroactive -- hopefully not!
Yes legislation passed on Fri evening and should be signed by POTUS soon. No word yet on how the tax credit will work and when it will go into effect. Most intel says Q1 2022 but no word on exact date and some word on mid 2022 to allow those who have ordered EV's in good faith to support the Govt's move to EV in 2021 get their cars due to delays which have become commonplace among almost all manufacturers and due to chip shortages; most are stuggling to get cars to customers.

So yeah agree that 2022 will not fix the chip and delivery shortages....market is crazy and most dealers don't even have any new cars on the lots and lots of used cars if that. Friend of mine has a family member who runs a US maker dealership and says they can only get like 6-12 cars a month now versus normally 40+ order filled from the manufacturer now for most of Q4. Having to sell anything they can get their hands on to maintain cash and market flow! So yeah most are saying Q3-Q4 2022 at best this should correct...maybe!
Sponsored