If you’re bored sometime - go test drive a Model 3

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
That is why Toyota has sold over 1.1m units last year. No many people are buying a 60k car to people who just want to the grocery store and back. LOL.

You can't bear that thought? OMG.
Are you 15 years old? Grow up.

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
quite a number of people love their camrays, volume means little
No, volume means everything. If your goal is to make the BEST car EVAH, then yeah, popularity is but one measure. If your goal is to lower costs to reduce the entry point, facilitate newer and better battery tech and range and thus encourage the mass adoption of electric cars to help save the environment, then volume is everything.

Volume also helps if your aim is to move into other forms of energy production and storage as the profits from one business are used as capex for the other. ALso helps to have lots more cars on the road acting as information suckers to feed back into your neural networks for your software/AI business (which will be the best in the world, potentially). So yeah, just Camrys.

Edit: I've been a Tesla stockholder since 2012. Not a bad 25X return on my money. I wish I had invested more. I've heard every argument in the world over the past 8 years as to why it won't work and it's a pipe dream, etc. Consider me hard to convince at this point.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
No, volume means everything.
FEH! not many can afford a $100k+ vehicle. porsche could never sell cars like toyota does and porsche builds a car that is far superior to a toyota camry.

and it is really great that you've done so well with your investments in tesla that you can now afford a porsche. here's a hint. we're not impressed with your successful investing

OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
just to remind everyone - I didn't say go buy a Model 3 - I said go test drive a Model 3 for "fun" - they are nifty little run about - and quicker only slightly slower than a Taycan Turbo for about 1/3rd the price - you should have an idea what all the fuss is about - and then you can get back in your Porsche and drive it home - but I like driving lots of cars - but still prefer the ones I purchase.

I'd take a Model 3 over a Toyota or Honda or Acura any day - that's why so many are being sold - they are quick, fun, affordable, easy to drive and offer what used to be performance that most people couldn't get in a daily…fine you're a car guy/gal - most people are not - and they are a better car that most cars being sold - not better than the 25,000 Taycan's a year from Porsche (other than the charging network and software) - but equal or better than most gas cars…

Last edited:

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
just to remind everyone - I didn't say go buy a Model 3 - I said go test drive a Model 3 for "fun" - they are nifty little run about - and quicker than a Taycan Turbo for about 1/3rd the price - you should have an idea what all the fuss is about - and then you can get back in your Porsche and drive it home - but I like driving lots of cars - but still prefer the ones I purchase.

I'd take a Model 3 over a Toyota or Honda or Acura any day - that's why so many are being sold - they are quick, fun, affordable, easy to drive and offer what used to be performance that most people couldn't get in a daily…fine you're a car guy/gal - most people are not - and they are a better car that most cars being sold - not better than the 25,000 Taycan's a year from Porsche (other than the charging network and software) - but equal or better than most gas cars…
Model 3P is quicker than a Taycan Turbo?

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Model 3P is quicker than a Taycan Turbo?
https://insideevs.com/reviews/34355...mph-how-quick-is-it-compared-to-other-teslas/

3.2 sec 0-60 for the Model 3 Performance
3.0 sec 0-60 for Taycan Turbo w/Launch Control

so I was wrong - I’ll update the posting

but the Model 3P _IS_ faster than a 4S - which is why I got the turbo when I ditched my Model 3P - couldn’t bear to go backwards acceleration wise…

I’ll assert the 3P is quicker 0-60 than the Turbo with out launch-control on the Turbo - there is no prep required for the Model 3 - and the Taycan is a bit slower if you’re not in launch control and nail the throttle…

it’s still 1/3rd the cost

GTS is 3.5 according to porsche

so you have go Turbo be slightly quicker than a $60k Model 3.

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
https://insideevs.com/reviews/34355...mph-how-quick-is-it-compared-to-other-teslas/

3.2 sec 0-60 for the Model 3 Performance
3.0 sec 0-60 for Taycan Turbo w/Launch Control

so I was wrong - I’ll update the posting

but the Model 3P _IS_ faster than a 4S - which is why I got the turbo when I ditched my Model 3P - couldn’t bear to go backwards acceleration wise…

I’ll assert the 3P is quicker 0-60 than the Turbo with out launch-control on the Turbo - there is no prep required for the Model 3 - and the Taycan is a bit slower if you’re not in launch control and nail the throttle…

it’s still 1/3rd the cost

GTS is 3.5 according to porsche

so you have go Turbo be slightly quicker than a $60k Model 3.
1/4 mile is much faster on the Turbo due to the 2 speed tranny. 10.8 vs 11.4.
M3P is very quick for sure and a lot of bang for the buck, but most performance cars like the AMGs and BMW M3s are doing low 11s now. Granted they are more expensive, but these numbers were not the case in 2018

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
1/4 mile is much faster on the Turbo due to the 2 speed tranny. 10.8 vs 11.4.
M3P is very quick for sure and a lot of bang for the buck, but most performance cars like the AMGs and BMW M3s are doing low 11s now. Granted they are more expensive, but these numbers were not the case in 2018
New 2021 BMW M3 Comp does the quarter in 11.6 per C&D - about the same as a Model 3 Performance (11.5s per Motortrend). Model 3P also does it without launch control. You just press the pedal.

OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I"m simply wondering what is our there in the low 3.2 sec AWD 0-60 and low 11.4's for 1/4 mile for $59k out the door…

Porsche Taycan If you’re bored sometime - go test drive a Model 3 Screen Shot 2021-12-07 at 1.25.05 PM

OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Base price before options of the M3 line up - nothing there quicker 0-60…BMW brakes will be WAY better than the 3 - but mpg of 22 vs. 110 mpg - and BMW maintenance isn't quite that cheap either - no maintenance on the 3 - and the 3 includes "driving aids" - so it costs more, is slower, and uses gasoline, no car pool sticker, but it's better built and has a nicer interior and will handle better in the twists

Porsche Taycan If you’re bored sometime - go test drive a Model 3 Screen Shot 2021-12-07 at 1.27.32 PM
Sponsored