If you buy a Taycan, be prepared for a lot of this...

DCYL725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2021
Country flag
I parked in a row of 4 Porsches (Cayenne, Macan, Panamera) in the office underground lot the other day.
And across the other side, there were 2 more Porsches (911s) with a Rolls and Bentley getting a car wash 15 feet away. Porsche's a dime a dozen around here, albeit a shiny, nicer dime.

On average see 1-2 Taycan's during my daily commute, with the Frozen Blue being the most popular thus far.

What is rare here is the GT variants. I don't think they are officially imported into China.
Sponsored

Last edited:

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Agreed, I was in Austin this weekend and saw easily a half dozen Taycans. People should be used to them there.
Depends on where. Downtown, west Austin, etc. they are very common. In other parts, less so. I had a similar experience to OP this weekend, but it was clearly folks from another part of town visiting the hospital (which is down the street from the Lambo dealer). I def. got a ton more attention this time last year, but Porsche Austin gets 1-2 new Taycans per week now.

ThePaddyWan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Polestar 2, Maverick
Country flag
Luckily the bay area has many Porsche rolling around, the Taycan is fairly low-key.

mystermykee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 IGM
Country flag
Luckily the bay area has many Porsche rolling around, the Taycan is fairly low-key.
Agreed.

I must say though certain color/wheel combos are still head turners. One with a plain exterior color and any of the OE aero wheels less than 21s are everywhere in the Bay Area. But at night, the Taycan rear end with the light bar is something still worth admiring.

jld1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S23
Country flag
Hilarious video. Got a similar reaction from a similarly-aged girl waiting at the bus with her mom. The second time I saw her, she noticed me from a long way away and starting jumping up and down, so I zoomed by her and gave a few beeps. I think the kids love the electric sport sound.

Another reaction I got was an older gentlemen in a truck who pulled along side me, gestured to my car and then kissed his fingers on the palmar side (like the motion one does to a performer after a performance). It made my day.

lighteningturbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, 992 TTS, Cayenne Coupe S (on order)
Country flag
It's a combination of 2 different dash cams. The front view is a FitcamX 4K. The back view is a Azdome M300S (normally would be used for front view) and the right side view is the"rear camera" module of the Azdome. If I can ever figure out how to get the stupid A-pillar trim off I will use the rear cam of my FitcamX to look out the left side of the car and have a full 360° setup.
I'm in need of a dash cam after having an accident. It was on the list to purchase but honestly never got around to it. After reading everyone's recommendations on the dash cams, I want to go with the FitcamX 4K (front & rear). But, I really like your setup with using the Azdome in the rear. Can you share how you got the Azdome front cam installed in the rear? Any tips appreciated. I'm sorry if I missed it somewhere.

OP
OP
Hirschaj

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
I'm in need of a dash cam after having an accident. It was on the list to purchase but honestly never got around to it. After reading everyone's recommendations on the dash cams, I want to go with the FitcamX 4K (front & rear). But, I really like your setup with using the Azdome in the rear. Can you share how you got the Azdome front cam installed in the rear? Any tips appreciated. I'm sorry if I missed it somewhere.
I’m on a plane at the moment but I’ll post more info and pics tomorrow.

OP
OP
Hirschaj

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Here are some photos showing the basic routing of the wires. I plugged the power adapter into the port in the rear and ran the wire up behind the trim. I didn't fully pull this trim off but I was able to get it to open up from the top. There is a screw holding it in place behind the speaker grill (which just pops off).
Porsche Taycan If you buy a Taycan, be prepared for a lot of this... IMG_0186

I routed the power wire behind the speaker grill (speaker grill is completely removed during the installation) and into the headliner. The rubber door seal peels off and the headliner pulls down.
Porsche Taycan If you buy a Taycan, be prepared for a lot of this... IMG_0187

This is a photo of the rear door in its open position. The trim (which is split right now the middle of the door) pops open using a trim tool (no need to remove the trim completely). These 2 halfs of the trim clip into each other so be careful separating them. The rubber housing for the wiring harness peels away from the sheet metal so you can get a fish tool through there (be careful, lots of little wires). I used a fiberglass rod from a small kite, then used some electrical tape to attach the power wire to the rod so I could fish it through. I reversed this process to get "rear cam" wire routed back down to where the speaker recess is.
Porsche Taycan If you buy a Taycan, be prepared for a lot of this... IMG_0188

It was easy to route the "rear cam" wire from the speaker recess over to the side window by pushing it into the gaps between the headliner and side trim.
Porsche Taycan If you buy a Taycan, be prepared for a lot of this... IMG_0189

After it was all installed I replaced the trim screw, popped all panels back into place, reseated all seals, etc. Overall not a terrible job but I went slow and tried to make sure I didn't mess up the wiring harness that runs into the top of the rear door. Hopefully this helps.

One day I hope to figure out how to route the wire from my front facing FitcamX to the drivers side rear window (without the wire sitting in front of any airbags) so that I can install the FitcamX "rear cam" and have a full 360 degree solution. The main problem I have with that right now is figuring out how to get the A-pillar trim removed so I can route the wire behind the airbag and down to the floor.

Last edited:

lighteningturbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, 992 TTS, Cayenne Coupe S (on order)
Country flag
Here are some photos showing the basic routing of the wires. I plugged the power adapter into the port in the rear and ran the wire up behind the trim. I didn't fully pull this trim off but I was able to get it to open up from the top. There is a screw holding it in place behind the speaker grill (which just pops off).
IMG_0186.jpg

I routed the power wire behind the speaker grill (speaker grill is completely removed during the installation) and into the headliner. The rubber door seal peels off and the headliner pulls down.
IMG_0187.jpg

This is a photo of the rear door in its open position. The trim (which is split right now the middle of the door) pops open using a trim tool (no need to remove the trim completely). These 2 halfs of the trim clip into each other so be careful separating them. The rubber housing for the wiring harness peels away from the sheet metal so you can get a fish tool through there (be careful, lots of little wires). I used a fiberglass rod from a small kite, then used some electrical tape to attach the power wire to the rod so I could fish it through. I reversed this process to get "rear cam" wire routed back down to where the speaker recess is.
IMG_0188.jpg

It was easy to route the "rear cam" wire from the speaker recess over to the side window by pushing it into the gaps between the headliner and side trim.
IMG_0189.jpg

After it was all installed I replaced the trim screw, popped all panels back into place, reseated all seals, etc. Overall not a terrible job but I went slow and tried to make sure I didn't mess up the wiring harness that runs into the top of the rear door. Hopefully this helps.

One day I hope to figure out how to route the wire from my front facing FitcamX to the drivers side rear window (without the wire sitting in front of any airbags) so that I can install the FitcamX "rear cam" and have a full 360 degree solution. The main problem I have with that right now is figuring out how to get the A-pillar trim removed so I can route the wire behind the airbag and down to the floor.
Wow, thank you. You make it sound easy! Thank you for the details on getting this routed. I didn't realize there was a port in the rear to connect it too. I truly appreciate your help with this! I'll be finalizing my dash cam purchase soon since I'm still waiting on insurance to figure out what they plan on doing with my car.