First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
wow - it's so nice when all this stuff "just works"

EA Station in San Mateo - 150 kW - 4 stalls (one non-functional) but I picked a functional one first try- charge started with no hassel (although why does EVERY EA location have crappy cell coverage making it hard to use the app to start a session) - 175 kW charge rate from 150 kW station (common) - 11% SOC to 85% SOC in less than the allocated 30 min "free" session…

when it works - it works soooo well and so much faster than Tesla EV's with their crappy taper curves…

Aptos, CA - all four stations were functional yesterday!!! OMG - this almost never happens - plugging in worked the first time for me - and charge rate was decent!!

so it can work folks - it's not a matter of technology - it's a matter of reliability…

but yesterday was great and shows promise!

(posting this mostly to show I can report good & bad - if there is less bad I'll post less).
Sponsored

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag

EA Station in San Mateo - 150 kW - 4 stalls (one non-functional) but I picked a functional one first try- charge started with no hassel (although why does EVERY EA location have crappy cell coverage making it hard to use the app to start a session) - 175 kW charge rate from 150 kW station (common) - 11% SOC to 85% SOC in less than the allocated 30 min "free" session…

when it works - it works soooo well and so much faster than Tesla EV's with their crappy taper curves…

Aptos, CA - all four stations were functional yesterday!!! OMG - this almost never happens - plugging in worked the first time for me - and charge rate was decent!!

so it can work folks - it's not a matter of technology - it's a matter of reliability…

(posting this mostly to show I can report good & bad - if there is less bad I'll post less).
That’s great to hear. Hopefully the start of a good trend for EA in your area and anywhere else they have unreliable infrastructure.

Bill33525

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘24 Q8 ETron 55 SUV, '22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Pulled into the Tampa Fl EA station @ 14% SoC, P&C worked flawlessly on the new SK Signet chargers. Saw 269 kW peak charge. Biggest problem will be overcrowding due to locals taking advantage of the free juice included with most EVs.

Porsche Taycan I'm confused - EA was flawless yestereday for me IMG_1076

Crick

First Name
Crick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Volt, 2009 BMW X5D, 2021 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
@daveo4EV Why do you need "to use the app to start a session"? Is it a model year difference? (mine is a MY21)

I am able to pull into a station, turn off the vehicle., close the doors, plug in the cable, and .... charging starts. This has worked at EA stations from San Francisco to LA.

Only twice (and in only in the last three weeks at Midtown Palo Alto) has the charge not started automatically – but I only had to press the "Start" button on the charger UI to kick off the charge (no app needed).

My two regular locations are Stanford Mall and Palo Alto Midtown. The Stanford mall stalls are all derated to 60kW (confirmed by calling EA). No reason available - but Midtown delivers 143 kW.

OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
MY'2020 Taycan's do not support plug&charge.

Alfa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ST
Country flag
If the connection is bad plug’n charge will not work either. I am puzzled why they not store the transactions locally and send them off when they have a connection.

Amelio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Older Tesla P85DL+, Shopping for a Taycan
Country flag
11% SOC to 85% SOC in less than the allocated 30 min "free" session…

this is incredible and it’s what I’ve experienced as well. Taycans charge MUCH faster than Teslas.

Artman

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I stopped at 10 EA locations on my trip from SW Florida to Maryland last weekend with similar results. Though I was not reaching peak charges, they were all over 100kW except for one. I decided not to wait and hit the next EA charging station along my route. That was the frst time I stretched my SOC to under 10% so I was kinda sweating it out. Fortunately, all went well and was brought up to 80% in less than 30 min.

Applause!
Sponsored