Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4s & Cayenne S
Country flag
Brexit Deal Concerns

I spoke to someone within Porsche this morning and apparently the major German motor manufacturers believe there is only a 30% chance of any type of Brexit deal and only a 10% chance that it will be a good one for them.

As a group they are allegedly planning to take the 10% import duty on the chin and keep to agreed prices until end of March 2021.

I have no way of knowing whether this is true, but given the loss of revenue that cancelled orders could bring, it makes sense.
Hmmm could be the case and equally can envisage a brexit extension as a result of the issues around at the moment. Ultimately Boris wants his plan in place so may well proceed with a messy divorce and if Porsche swallow the hit I shall be relieved.
Sponsored

Docjonday

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hello Everyone

Received an email today from Porsche Preston saying my car will be at the showroom this Friday. Is there anywhere on this forum on tips when taking delivery of the vehicle. Thanks in advance
Encouraged to learn Porsche Preston are still delivering cars. Have been promised weekly updates on the status of my inbound vehicle but, in keeping with recent customer service from the dealership, no updates are ever forthcoming without me chasing. Out of curiosity, how much notice did Preston give you that the vehicle was coming by the end of the week, other than the email you received giving you 5 days notice?

Nigel

First Name
Nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo, Range Rover Evoque, Mini Cooper S, MGC Roadster...
Country flag
Hi Everybody,

Picked up my Dolomite Silver Taycan Turbo today, I absolutely love it! What a car! I am so pleased I opted for the Burmester system, great bass, brilliant clarity ....

Gotti

First Name
Gotti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Encouraged to learn Porsche Preston are still delivering cars. Have been promised weekly updates on the status of my inbound vehicle but, in keeping with recent customer service from the dealership, no updates are ever forthcoming without me chasing. Out of curiosity, how much notice did Preston give you that the vehicle was coming by the end of the week, other than the email you received giving you 5 days notice?
Next to no notice from Preston. I suppose what made it seem imminent was the paper weight in the shape of the Concept they sent (a gift). They've had the vehicle for a week now trying to sort the tracker out which was sorted on Friday. They're hoping to deliver it sometime next week (well that's what the fleet management from my work said). My order was put in back in March!! Hope you get your delivery soon.

Gotti

First Name
Gotti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Hi Everybody,

Picked up my Dolomite Silver Taycan Turbo today, I absolutely love it! What a car! I am so pleased I opted for the Burmester system, great bass, brilliant clarity ....
Congratulations my friend

Nigel

First Name
Nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Congratulations my friend
Thank you Ijaz.
I have been reading very helpful comments on this forum for the past three months just itching for mine to arrive and now it’s here. This is a great forum, many thanks to whoever took the time to set it up.

OP
OP
robborover

robborover

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4s & Cayenne S
Country flag
Next to no notice from Preston. I suppose what made it seem imminent was the paper weight in the shape of the Concept they sent (a gift). They've had the vehicle for a week now trying to sort the tracker out which was sorted on Friday. They're hoping to deliver it sometime next week (well that's what the fleet management from my work said). My order was put in back in March!! Hope you get your delivery soon.
March?!? WT*! these deliveries seem all over the place - mine ordered in Oct is schedule for late December so why you have had to wait that long (even with the lockdowns) seems a mystery to me.

Gotti

First Name
Gotti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
March?!? WT*! these deliveries seem all over the place - mine ordered in Oct is schedule for late December so why you have had to wait that long (even with the lockdowns) seems a mystery to me.
Tell me about it buddy. When I ordered it they first said March 2021 but this date was given to me by our work's fleet management (May be they don't have a clue). Then in July the fleet company contacted me saying they are going to increase the price and asked if I'd like to continue (cheeky sods). So hopefully I'll have the vehicle in a couple of days. Ive waited too long

Nigel

First Name
Nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Tell me about it buddy. When I ordered it they first said March 2021 but this date was given to me by our work's fleet management (May be they don't have a clue). Then in July the fleet company contacted me saying they are going to increase the price and asked if I'd like to continue (cheeky sods). So hopefully I'll have the vehicle in a couple of days. Ive waited too long
Seems a mystery to me too, I am keeping my fingers crossed for you Buddy...

Docjonday

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Well, that’s both reassuring, on the basis that it’s not me alone that isn’t receiving what I would call stellar customer service from Porsche Preston, and concerning, on account that you received very little notice on your car being ready for collection.

The poor customer service has got to the point now where I feel like writing a formal complaint to the Bowker family as an open letter, on account that they have historically been huge advocates for unparalleled customer service.

Previous visits to Bowker BMW showrooms in years past always impressed for how good the customer service was. I’ve made it clear to the salesperson handling my Taycan that I need advance warning of when my car will arrive in order to arrange the return of my current vehicle. I was also promised weekly updates and details on the operating circumstances of the showroom during the lockdown period. The radio silence is deafening!

It’s funny, I left negative feedback on a £10 iphone case a fortnight ago and saw the manufacturer go completely out of their way to get in touch and remedy the issue. I can’t believe, having spent a small fortune on Porsches over the years, that neither Porsche GB or Porsche Preston don’t monitor the forums for traffic and feedback, acting upon issues and remedying them as necessary. It’s making what should be a thoroughly enjoyable experience a thoroughly disappointing one.

Smithy37

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 991.2 C4 GTS. Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I got news last night that my CP8 date has now slipped to the 11/12/20 from the 4th.

I’m pretty sure this puts the final nail in the coffin of my Turbo S purchase.

Unless a Brexit trade deal can be thrashed out between now & the 1st of January then I’ll have to either absorb the 10% duty or cancel my order & look to get my deposit back.
Hard to stomach that a week or so could be the difference between increasing the cars cost by fifteen grand.

Absolutely gutted if I have to cancel

It’s the uncertainty that’s the killer.

OP
OP
robborover

robborover

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4s & Cayenne S
Country flag
I am afraid that this forum and others will be viewed as a "noisy minority" in the customer experience halls of Porsche GB and further afield. However, the overall picture the ongoing issues with the product and service only leave you feeling quite disappointed.

legataycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 981 Boxster
Country flag
I got news last night that my CP8 date has now slipped to the 11/12/20 from the 4th.

I’m pretty sure this puts the final nail in the coffin of my Turbo S purchase.

Unless a Brexit trade deal can be thrashed out between now & the 1st of January then I’ll have to either absorb the 10% duty or cancel my order & look to get my deposit back.
Hard to stomach that a week or so could be the difference between increasing the cars cost by fifteen grand.

Absolutely gutted if I have to cancel

It’s the uncertainty that’s the killer.
Is there no chance the car could still arrive in the country with that completion date?

Last I checked my CP8 was also the 4th, now I’m concerned!

OP
OP
robborover

robborover

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4s & Cayenne S
Country flag
Is there no chance the car could still arrive in the country with that completion date?

Last I checked my CP8 was also the 4th, now I’m concerned!
There is a chance it lands by 31/12 for sure and if a brexit trade deal is in place it won't be as bad (assumption!). There was some talk of Porsche taking the 10% on their chin too.
Sponsored

Last edited: