Impact of Taycan on equilibrium-is it just us?

Singularity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY 2020 Taycan 4S, MY 2022 Audi Q7 60 TFSIe
Country flag
Interesting thread. I have not driven the car yet but I would assume it can be driven very smoothly, just need to be lighter on the accelerator. The instant torque is violent and it will be felt in the body even without launch control if you're making strong inputs constantly. The car has the instant torque at all times, launch control is just giving it a little bit extra.

But this is how I like it. You know a car is fast when you rarely need max power. But on the occasions you need, or want that, it's there.
Sponsored

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
Interesting thread. I have not driven the car yet but I would assume it can be driven very smoothly, just need to be lighter on the accelerator. The instant torque is violent and it will be felt in the body even without launch control if you're making strong inputs constantly. The car has the instant torque at all times, launch control is just giving it a little bit extra.

But this is how I like it. You know a car is fast when you rarely need max power. But on the occasions you need, or want that, it's there.
yes this is completely agreed. and when i drove the turbo the other day it was the big and nice surprise to me. coming from many EVs of different ilk that are all quite difficult to drive very smoothly since they have the one pedal driving the Taycan felt very smooth with its power delivery. and i said that to the dealer and he was like “what?” because he has never driven another EV and therefore thinks this is violent and ‘jerky’....... how perceptions change with a wider experience. :)

Last edited:

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
To close the loop out of courtesy:

I drove the Taycan Turbo S for 2 hours today around the area we live. Driving it like a normal 5 series type sports sedan produced only a very mild reaction. I then worked my way up to sport without any incremental equilibrium impact but I did not "toss" it. I should be ale to work uptown more fun driving over time. Re-confirmed my order.

Side note, driving home in the Alfa felt crude with more bouncing about on same roads.
I really understand your concern now. I went on the Porsche experience track in Hockenheim. Shocking how glued this car to the road is.

After the track session I went back into my rented sports line BMW 5. Very good car, but NOT what I want now! I want Taycan!
Sponsored