dmermans

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Model X, Renault Master
Country flag
I ordered a set of 20' wheels and tires for my Taycan Turbo. In two weeks the wheels arrived, but no tires.
The tireshop first offered me Pirelli but those were out of stock, the alternative were Continentals but only the wider backtires were in stock.
Another shop could order the Pirelli's in Germany, so I transported the rims to the other shop to find out that front rims and the back are different. F**k
A week later I'm happy with the Pirelli's. It could all be a lot easier when chosing non NFO tires.

What tires do you use for 20' winter and 21' summertires.
Sponsored

Fedex77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3 E92, Range Rover Sport HST
Country flag
I believe the NFO distinction is important given the extensive testing they do and the Taycan’s atypical weight which may impact handling and wear. That being said, for 21” there aren’t any tire sizes available that are not NF0

caslca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TTS
Country flag
I ordered a set of 20' wheels and tires for my Taycan Turbo. In two weeks the wheels arrived, but no tires.
The tireshop first offered me Pirelli but those were out of stock, the alternative were Continentals but only the wider backtires were in stock.
Another shop could order the Pirelli's in Germany, so I transported the rims to the other shop to find out that front rims and the back are different. F**k
A week later I'm happy with the Pirelli's. It could all be a lot easier when chosing non NFO tires.

What tires do you use for 20' winter and 21' summertires.
I'm sure some will tell you that NF0 is the only way to go, but FWIW, my 911tt does a lot better on the non-NFO Michelin PS4S than on the OEM "porsche approved/tested" tires. I would not hesitate to put on michelins on mine - I couldn't be happier with the PS4Ss myself
Ideally, decide for yourself. Especially considering the current supply situation, it may be a good time to try a new set of shoes.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
For me, its not really a choice because my insurance stipulates – as a policy requirement – that NF0 tyres must be on the car at the time of any claims. Due to this, I haven't given it too much thinking due to the lack of choice.

It is my understanding the the NF0 versions of the tyres have a significantly increased sidewall strength to accommodate the increased weight of an EV.

In my case – I am only using 20" wheels for both winter and summer:

Summer: 20" Michelin Pilot Sport 4 NF0
Winter: 20" Pirelli PZero Winter ELECT NF0

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
34 years running Formula 1 cars taught me beyond doubt the tyre is the most important part of a car.
Whilst it is possible the manufacturer has not tested all the tyres of the appropriate size I personally would never use any tyres other than those manufacturer recommends, nor use a different tyre pressure.
The tyre and car manufacturers have done millions of properly controlled tests.
Enthusiasts have done neither :)

Roppe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S MY22
Country flag
34 years running Formula 1 cars taught me beyond doubt the tyre is the most important part of a car.
Whilst it is possible the manufacturer has not tested all the tyres of the appropriate size I personally would never use any tyres other than those manufacturer recommends, nor use a different tyre pressure.
The tyre and car manufacturers have done millions of properly controlled tests.
Enthusiasts have done neither :)
Makes sense. I really want these tires, but with Pirellis NCS technology;
https://www.pirelli.com/tyres/en-ww/car/tech-and-knowledge/pncs

For the same tires (P-Zero 305/30/21) you pay another 20€ for the ccs one....
Sponsored