Important Free Software Update for Your Taycan Now Available at Your Porsche Dealer

OP
OP
AV7

AV7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
There is a separate post / thread on this from a week or so ago.

Details are also on My Porsche website for your vehicle (if impacted).
Got it, did a quick search on the forum first but didn't see any results hence posted.

obscurelyfamous

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Chalk Taycan 4S
Country flag
I made an appointment ~2 weeks from now to do the update. When I called in, they didn't have any information or service bulletins with more context. Hopefully there will be some useful anecdotes from the brave testers on this forum in the next few days. :)

Reactions: AV7

Chris8536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (Sold) X7 M50i (sold) cayenne GTS coupe
Country flag
Oof, since the WMA5/6/7 update was a disaster for me, I am very nervous about this one. Curious what others experience first...

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Oof, since the WMA5/6/7 update was a disaster for me, I am very nervous about this one. Curious what others experience first...
Guessing you posted this elsewhere (link perhaps?) on the forum but w/o going into great detail exactly what did applying the WNA5 update do to your car?

Oysterquartz

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4s Cross Turismo
Country flag
I believe I talked to my dealer about that today. Right now there is a bug which makes an error message like "Electrical motor fault "(or something like that). This update fixes that bug, and a new update for the charging system in the car.

Boss Hogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, 981 GT4
Country flag
Mine is being completed tomorrow, recall notice referenced “re-programming power electronics and engine electronics WNA5, internal software error in the high-voltage power electronics”.

Dealer also mentioned an update to the high voltage charging system was needed but that was not mentioned in the recall notice.

....and a further recall notice has just arrived tonight for rear seatbelt buckle wire harness, campaign ANA4

Chris8536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (Sold) X7 M50i (sold) cayenne GTS coupe
Country flag
Guessing you posted this elsewhere (link perhaps?) on the forum but w/o going into great detail exactly what did applying the WNA5 update do to your car?
It caused an error and Porsche designed it so that it instantly killed the cars functions at speed. I sent it into a ditch with my whole family in the car. We were driving cliffside on Highway 1. It was an insanely bad update. I went to the NHSTA myself and gave primary testimony to get the recall after Porsche tried to deny the issue. Shameful all around on their part.

CAracer

First Name
Johh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes AMG GTS Mercedes GLC300, Honda CRV
Country flag
I received the same email today, and I haven't even received my car yet. Surely they'll just do the update before they release the vehicle to me?
Same here, no car yet, but, got the notice from Porsche. Expecting delivery in a week or so.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
It caused an error and Porsche designed it so that it instantly killed the cars functions at speed. I sent it into a ditch with my whole family in the car. We were driving cliffside on Highway 1. It was an insanely bad update. I went to the NHSTA myself and gave primary testimony to get the recall after Porsche tried to deny the issue. Shameful all around on their part.
Unbelievable - I hope you and your entire family were not injured or at the very least nothing serious? Hell of a place to have that type of accident too - could have been far!

I mistakenly read your post as referencing the WNA5 but of course you refer to the WMA5/6/7 - I would hope that they would legally have had to fix any hint of whatever they caused to happen in your car in respect applying the WMA# updates to others. I am only getting the WNA5 update and really hoping that this 'upgrade' doesn't mess with my car as to date I have had absolutely zero issues with everything in it.

TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi A7, Mercedes ML350
Country flag
I got the email as well and scheduled the repair for tomorrow morning. Will report back.

Interestingly, my VIN does not show up on the recall checker.

So I guess it's important but not recall-worthy?
Yes please! I have to travel 4 hours to my dealer and I’ve had zero issues to date and utterly happy, so trying to gauge if I should do this…

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
My dealer confirmed my car had already received this update described in the email. 2020 4 S.

Artman

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I received the same email today, and I haven't even received my car yet. Surely they'll just do the update before they release the vehicle to me?
Me too. My car is still on the Atlantic Ocean.
Sponsored