Crick

First Name
Crick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Volt, 2009 BMW X5D, 2021 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Just received this regarding my MY2021 Turbo S delivered on Dec 31 w/o a 2nd key fob:

Porsche Taycan Important Retrofit (2nd Keyfob) for Your Vehicle is Now Available Porsche_Logo

Porsche Taycan Important Retrofit (2nd Keyfob) for Your Vehicle is Now Available Produktion_Zuffenhausen_Einsetzen_Logo_2_layout_V2

Dear Mr. Waters,

At the time of your vehicle delivery, we informed you that due to the ongoing global semiconductor shortage, your vehicle was delivered with only 1 handheld transmitter. We promised to deliver the second transmitter (FOB) as soon as it became available.

This letter is to inform you that your dealer will contact you when your FOB is available for order.

What should you do?

Porsche will reach out to you to schedule an appointment with you. You can assist this process by checking in with your local dealer and verifying which dealer should order your FOB.

This process should only take approximately 1 hour to complete at the dealer, however, depending on the dealer’s work schedule, it may be necessary to make your vehicle available for a longer period of time.
Sincerely,
Porsche Cars North America, Inc.

mikeyyn

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S. BMW X5, Golf GTi,
Country flag
An hour! To order a key?

OP
OP
Crick

Crick

First Name
Crick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Porsche: always selling and always offering high-touch customer service.
There will be some synching involved between the new fob and the vehicle. Not a lot of time, but some. Fully expect my dealer o offer me a cup of Joe and show me how the two fobs are configured for different drivers and perform the initial setup.

Not my particular style. I've already sent an email asking when I can drop by to pick up the fob. I'll deal with the initial config myself.

(unless there is some dealer-propriety methods I can't reproduce myself. When I've replaced fobs for my BMWs, there has always been a trick or two required but was able to accomplish the task on my own)

f10tt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan, 2022 Cayenne, 2021 Bronco
Country flag
They called me for my steering column. 2022 RWD delivered early Nov. They'll be doing the steering column when they fix my ADAS module.

Parts might be starting to catch up.

OP
OP
Crick

Crick

First Name
Crick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
re 1-hour for a key fob, from the dealer:
"When it comes in, you'll need an appointment to bring in your car because it [the fob] will have to be programmed to the car."

vdr

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maybe a Taycan...
Country flag
I received this today as well. I wonder if they’ll also perform the retrofit of the other two open campaigns on my delivered vehicle; phone charging cradle and sports sound?

Ajes

First Name
Ajay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Highl. Hybrid, Civic HB, Taycan 4s order
Country flag
I received this today as well. I wonder if they’ll also perform the retrofit of the other two open campaigns on my delivered vehicle; phone charging cradle and sports sound?
Wondering the same thing, I was missing the same options when it shipped. For me it looks like they installed the sport sound at port, since I can hear it when I turn it on. I would want to get all done at the same time, and also the alarm fix for it going off all the time together, rather than do one thing at a time.

Jrkennedy37

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Panamera ST, '21 Taycan CT4
Country flag
I received same email today. ‘21 CT4 delivered Dec 23.
Sponsored