First Name
N
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 911S
Country flag
Hi folks,
My neighborhood is a black hole for cellular service. I have to use a T mobile wifi service extender for my cell phone. Unfortunately my Taycan doesn’t have a good cellular connection so I am unable to use the features from the my Porsche app.

Is there any way I can add a cellular range extender for the Taycan? (Not sure what network is used here in the US). From what I understand US spec Taycans can’t use a wifi network…
Thx
F6L
Sponsored

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
I think i read on here somewhere, that if you put your phone in the charging dock in the centre console, the phone uses the car's antenna.

OP
OP

FLT6LVR

First Name
N
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 911S
Country flag
Thank you but what I am looking to do is program the car with my phone when I’m in the house. Without a good cellular connection I’m forced to go into a cold garage, open the car, and sit inside to set up the preheating. Trying to make it so that I can use my phone to preheat/cool
Thx
F6L

Vfr750Rouge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4 / Cayenne / Jeep Wrangler Willys
Country flag
Any one did try to install/use WeBoost amplifier?
I am thinking to try it - could be nicely integrated/hided in the Taycan.
Wondering if this is truly actually working.

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi folks,
My neighborhood is a black hole for cellular service. I have to use a T mobile wifi service extender for my cell phone. Unfortunately my Taycan doesn’t have a good cellular connection so I am unable to use the features from the my Porsche app.

Is there any way I can add a cellular range extender for the Taycan? (Not sure what network is used here in the US). From what I understand US spec Taycans can’t use a wifi network…
Thx
F6L
We must be neighbors as I am in exactly the same predicament as you, even like you, going so far as using a T-Mobile cellular extender. While the extender does help with my spotty, unreliable wifi calling, it does nothing for connectivity for my Taycan.

When I had a Tesla, it would connect to my home’s wifi network and receive OTA updates easily and regularly. Why the Taycan doesn't do the same thing is mystifying and frankly absurd.

If there's a solution to this issue, I am all ears.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi folks,

Thx
F6L
I think this came up before if you search the forum but someone used the T-Mobile extender which their Taycan could also connect to.

We don't have these useful things in UK currently but I do believe it should be possible where you are with the correct piece of kit.

This might help - https://uk.pcmag.com/modems-hotspots/129037/the-best-cell-phone-signal-boosters-for-2020

OP
OP

FLT6LVR

First Name
N
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 911S
Country flag
We must be neighbors as I am in exactly the same predicament as you, even like you, going so far as using a T-Mobile cellular extender. While the extender does help with my spotty, unreliable wifi calling, it does nothing for connectivity for my Taycan.

When I had a Tesla, it would connect to my home’s wifi network and receive OTA updates easily and regularly. Why the Taycan doesn't do the same thing is mystifying and frankly absurd.

If there's a solution to this issue, I am all ears.
I actually have a T mobile extender that we use for our cell phones but it doesn’t appear the Taycan uses T mobile. I heard it uses Verizon and their extenders are expensive and difficult to obtain.
F6L

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I actually have a T mobile extender that we use for our cell phones but it doesn’t appear the Taycan uses T mobile. I heard it uses Verizon and their extenders are expensive and difficult to obtain.
F6L
Right! I forgot about that--it is Verizon. Sheeeesh.....

The thing is (and please someone correct me if I'm wrong) from what I understand, the Taycan has wifi technology built into the car but it's disabled in the US for some bizarre reason.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
F6L
You can try connecting to this provider via the menu options in your PCM.as you would in your phone.

A bit of a fiddle but may be possible and then you have to switch it back.

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Right! I forgot about that--it is Verizon. Sheeeesh.....

The thing is (and please someone correct me if I'm wrong) from what I understand, the Taycan has wifi technology built into the car but it's disabled in the US for some bizarre reason.
The Taycan WiFi connection only works in Russia according to prior threads.
Here are a couple of prior threads on the topic of cellular network boosters and extenders. Last I checked, Verizon only had a booster, whereas T-Mobile and AT&T had extenders.

OzzieT

First Name
Oz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Telco’s are moving to deploy ‘small cells’ in neighbourhoods like yours where there are coverage gaps. To deploy a small cell a Telco will need a site, power, fibre, local Government approvals and funding to deploy. If you are able to come together with your neighbours and coordinate a request to a Telco which has implicit community support to deploy a small cell, then you may be surprised with the response. Often the biggest obstacle for Telco’s is community objections in deploying new sites. Trying to leverage the vehicle to improve your mobile coverage will not work, your mobile handset is way more powerful than your vehicle.
Sponsored