JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Watched the video on the Turismo and got me wondering. The guy referred to higher wheel height for river crossings. Probably not a wise idea in an EV. But what happens in case of a severe accident, or driving through a flooded underpass, either of which could happen. Some EV's use pyro charges to separate the high voltage battery from the car. Does anyone know what happens with the Taycan?
Sponsored

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
it’s rarely a good idea to drive any vehicle regardless of drive train through anything flooded - the biggest problem other than submerging portions of the vehicle is that normal road ways flooded hide other obsticles and potentially dangerous items/situations…

I’m thinking the Taycan is probably pretty well sealed, but it’s not something you want to find out the hard way.

MissionE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo
Country flag
Watched the video on the Turismo and got me wondering. The guy referred to higher wheel height for river crossings. Probably not a wise idea in an EV. But what happens in case of a severe accident, or driving through a flooded underpass, either of which could happen. Some EV's use pyro charges to separate the high voltage battery from the car. Does anyone know what happens with the Taycan?
Turismo is actually a decent car name.
Sponsored