Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
Wow Cayenne figures for the US have doubled in 2019

PetroK

First Name
Petro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX, Porsche Taycan 4CT
Country flag
I don’t think it is true. What I mean that probably 130 were delivered but mostly demo cars for dealers, there is no way it is already 130 owners

OP
OP
ron_b

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I don’t think it is true. What I mean that probably 130 were delivered but mostly demo cars for dealers, there is no way it is already 130 owners
I understand your thinking that, and I initially thought that if the word was only "delivered", but they say "sales". I do not believe that the US dealerships pay for inventory up front, so their demo cars could not be counted as sales until they get sold. That's my thinking anyway. Maybe someone on the forum with car dealership knowledge.

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
The demo car I drove had a used car Monroney on it. The salesman said they had to take off the original because it's not considered a new car anymore. (Also, they got in 2 and were allowed to sell one of them to a VIP customer).

So I think all the demos count as sold orders.

PetroK

First Name
Petro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX, Porsche Taycan 4CT
Country flag
I understand your thinking that, and I initially thought that if the word was only "delivered", but they say "sales". I do not believe that the US dealerships pay for inventory up front, so their demo cars could not be counted as sales until they get sold. That's my thinking anyway. Maybe someone on the forum with car dealership knowledge.
US dealerships pay upfront for inventory in most cases

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The salesman said they had to take off the original because it's not considered a new car anymore.

So I think all the demos count as sold orders.
if it is not a new car, then it isn’t eligible for the federal ev subsidy so it is effectively 7500 more than a new one. Same applies to the state subsidies.

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
the car is not titled so it isn’t considered sold.

if it was “sold” to the dealer, it would not be eligible for the Federal ev subsidies when it is sold to the consumer
they may be registered to a member of staff !
That’s what some dealers do in the uk

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
if it is not a new car, then it isn’t eligible for the federal ev subsidy so it is effectively 7500 more than a new one. Same applies to the state subsidies.
Given that they can't sell it today, it'll be like any other used Taycan on the market when they are allowed to sell it. It'll be worth whatever a used Taycan is worth. Probably less, because people think of dealer demos like buying a used rental car.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Given that they can't sell it today, it'll be like any other used Taycan on the market when they are allowed to sell it.
Why can’t they sell it today?
if they bought it and paid for it, they own it.

if they aren’t allowed to sell it, then it wasn’t sold to them and the numbers we are looking at are for consumer sales.

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 ST E-Hybrid; planned Taycan CT4
Country flag
Right, but I'd assume that you'd get money off it for being a "used" demo car, plus whatever the dealership would have made in federal/state credits/rebates. I sure would press a dealership on that point, and I wouldn't accept anything less than a hefty discount on such a Taycan.

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 ST E-Hybrid; planned Taycan CT4
Country flag
Wow Cayenne figures for the US have doubled in 2019
In fact, Porsche was down on sales on ALL their vehicles for the entire year except for Cayenne (and, of course, Taycan). I guess that the new-look Cayenne has grabbed a lot of new customers. It's interesting that Cayenne sales have almost equalled Macan sales in 2019.
Sponsored