In Spain, a few charging networks have a reservation option.

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
You can reserve a charger for a half-hour. it is free if you start a charging session before the reservation expires. Otherwise there is a 1€ charge. Quite useful. Used it twice today.
Anything like it in other countries ?
Sponsored

Last edited:

thenaimis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Never heard of that, but I can imagine the irritation if I were to reserve a charger only to find it ICEd and then having to pay a fee because of it. :confused:

Tonytones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S; Volvo xc90; Audi R8
Country flag
You can reserve a charger for a half-hour. it is free if you start a charging session before the reservation expires. Otherwise there is a 1€ charge. Quite useful. Used it twice today.
Anything like it in other countries ?
Nothing like this so far in Canada but could definitely be useful in the future, as the number of EV grows...

Out of curiosity, which company or application offers the reservation system your are talking about? I ask because I usually (in a non-COVID era...) spend several weeks a year in Madrid for family reason and have an appartment there, so I was planning to change our actual car for an electric one in Europe as well. Thanks!!

OP
OP
Pozuelo

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Nothing like this so far in Canada but could definitely be useful in the future, as the number of EV grows...

Out of curiosity, which company or application offers the reservation system your are talking about? I ask because I usually (in a non-COVID era...) spend several weeks a year in Madrid for family reason and have an appartment there, so I was planning to change our actual car for an electric one in Europe as well. Thanks!!
Iberdrola and Easycharger both have reservations for 30 minutes and 1€ if you don’t use it.
Endesa X (Juice Pass) has an advance activation up 15 minutes before for free.

OP
OP
Pozuelo

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Never heard of that, but I can imagine the irritation if I were to reserve a charger only to find it ICEd and then having to pay a fee because of it. :confused:
All of the chargers I have used on the road are in gas stations with a separate area for them. Never encountered an ICE (yet), however I have been forced to occupy more than one space on occasion, due to short cable length !
However, L1 chargers in shopping centers and stores are often blocked by ICE’s because they are close to the entrance !

HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Corvette C7 Stingray, Mercedes V
Country flag
Never seen it so far here, neither with the "big chargers" such as Ionity, nor with the city chargers.
Sponsored