Infrastructure Bill passed. I don’t think this is good.

Prit

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, Aspiring GTS ST owner.
Country flag
I’m hoping Porsche pushes to deliver all US bound cars scheduled for Jan ‘22 within 2021 by delaying shipments to non US countries to get the capacity.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
The bill that has passed HR 3684 does provide a great deal of funds for charging infrastructure, battery second life issues, EV adoption studies etc. I don't believe this bill provides any changes to the EV credits. That is in the second bill not passed as of yet.
If this is the case, it will happen sooner than later. Tesla has already raised their prices to perfectly match and pocket the rebate.
Essentially benefiting a trillion-dollar companies bottom line

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You got that right! Model 3 has had $8k in price increases this year. If this bill (2nd) passes with the EV credits as currently written, I can't wait to see the backlash from foreign OEMs. The US manufacturer and union built EV credit will violate existing trade agreements.
I'm pretty sure that union language will be dropped.
I'm more curious how Porsche will react to the change in credits.
It might not affect a buyer of a highly specced Turbo S, but it impacts a RWD one.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
You got that right! Model 3 has had $8k in price increases this year. If this bill (2nd) passes with the EV credits as currently written, I can't wait to see the backlash from foreign OEMs. The US manufacturer and union built EV credit will violate existing trade agreements.
AFAIK tesla cars no longer recieve any tax credits, they have sold far more cars than were allowed to claim the credits.

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
AFAIK tesla cars no longer recieve any tax credits, they have sold far more cars than were allowed to claim the credits.
New bill removes that cap which gives Tesla and GM access to those tax credits.
It's guaranteed it will happen.
Lobbyist write these bills so Tesla knows whats happening

JGF

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Cross Turismo 4
Country flag
After 12/31/2021, ZERO tax credit for any Taycan.

MAX Car MSRP: $55,000
MAX SUV MSRP: $80,000
MAX TRUCK/Van MSRP: $80,000

The $55k splits the Model 3 range.. Performance Model (MSRP $57K) DOES NOT get $7500, Base model does.

Newly added income Limits, will affect IF you are below those MSRP cap's.

electric9925

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
After 12/31/2021, ZERO tax credit for any Taycan.

MAX Car MSRP: $55,000
MAX SUV MSRP: $80,000
MAX TRUCK/Van MSRP: $80,000

The $55k splits the Model 3 range.. Performance Model (MSRP $57K) DOES NOT get $7500, Base model does.

Newly added income Limits, will affect IF you are below those MSRP cap's.
The bill has passed ?

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
The bill has passed ?
Build Back Better (with EV Incentives) has not yet passed, given what is at stake (reputation, careers, etc), it's very likely that it'll pass.

Regardless, I'm interested in seeing this impact on the Taycan market. While this article is old (dated Jan 2020), it states that large number of taycan buyers are first time porsche buyers. If this continues to hold true today, I'd like to see how this tax credit impacts the market for Taycan if there isn't a pre-existing Porsche loyalty.

If you are in the market for a Taycan, don't bother bringing it up as part of the buying process. I've had sales people who are guaranteeing me 7500 "rebate" for next year and others telling me I'll getting back "much more" after this bill passes. :)

JGF

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Cross Turismo 4
Country flag
The bill has passed ?
… infrastructure bill …..Build Back Better bill. With its passage, it heads to the president's desk for a signature

House passes $555 billion infrastructure bill, sends legislation to Biden's desk
The 228-206 vote hands Biden a bipartisan legislative victory, but one that took months to accomplish

Last edited:

electric9925

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
Build Back Better (with EV Incentives) has not yet passed, given what is at stake (reputation, careers, etc), it's very likely that it'll pass.

Regardless, I'm interested in seeing this impact on the Taycan market. While this article is old (dated Jan 2020), it states that large number of taycan buyers are first time porsche buyers. If this continues to hold true today, I'd like to see how this tax credit impacts the market for Taycan if there isn't a pre-existing Porsche loyalty.

If you are in the market for a Taycan, don't bother bringing it up as part of the buying process. I've had sales people who are guaranteeing me 7500 "rebate" for next year and others telling me I'll getting back "much more" after this bill passes. :)
I’ve already ordered and my estimated delivery date is 1/7, really hoping it somehow comes before in December so I can avoid all this haha.

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
I’ve already ordered and my estimated delivery date is 1/7, really hoping it somehow comes before in December so I can avoid all this haha.
You might have a better chance that the BBB will be pushed into 2022. :)