Infrastructure Bill passed. I don’t think this is good.

dickp

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dickpitini.com
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4
Country flag
In my case, just to try to be safe, I have spoken with the business manager at my dealership and they are going to date my titling paperwork to be November 5th, 2021. My CT will be arriving at the dealership from Baltimore next week. Dealership has been invoiced for the car.
Sponsored

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
If this is the case, it will happen sooner than later. Tesla has already raised their prices to perfectly match and pocket the rebate.
Essentially benefiting a trillion-dollar companies bottom line
I was a little irritated when the Model 3 price dropped after the EV credits expired. We of course had already bought.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
New bill removes that cap which gives Tesla and GM access to those tax credits.
It's guaranteed it will happen.
Lobbyist write these bills so Tesla knows whats happening
are you aware that tesla is not exactly loved by the powers in DC? the original bill favored US manufacturers that are union shops, tesla is not one of those. was the union shop provision taken out?

electric9925

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
are you aware that tesla is not exactly loved by the powers in DC? the original bill favored US manufacturers that are union shops, tesla is not one of those. was the union shop provision taken out?
I believe union companies will get the extra 5k making it 12.5k

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
On the bright side, this makes existing Taycan owners very happy as it's a clear increase to the value of used Taycans. If anyone thinks Porsche will lower the price of US Taycans to compensate, well, I have a lovely island to sell you. :CWL:

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
On the contrary Tesla is loved by DC. They have gotten away with everything, from every agency, with zero recourse.
It could be in relation to SpaceX to keep Tesla and Musk immune to any legal action.

I'm fairly certain the union shop clause will be kicked out. Regardless if Telsa is "backlogged" for 30 Years to come, why would they need any incentives? It only benefits the companies bottom line. They just had to keep the price the same, pass that $8k credit to the customer, but they didn't. All for the planet

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
On the bright side, this makes existing Taycan owners very happy as it's a clear increase to the value of used Taycans. If anyone thinks Porsche will lower the price of US Taycans to compensate, well, I have a lovely island to sell you. :CWL:
This the second time I've seen his stated. I don't understand how the value of a used taycan would be increased after the incentive goes away. Is it because people were expecting the 7500 to be factored into the depreciation?

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
This the second time I've seen his stated. I don't understand how the value of a used taycan would be increased after the incentive goes away. Is it because people were expecting the 7500 to be factored into the depreciation?
Because right now, used Taycans are competing against new Taycans that have a $7500 tax credit.

Our dealer offered a used 4S to us when we were purchasing, but it’s discount wasn’t enough to compete with a new one with the $7500 credit.

If the credit goes away, then the price of that used one is more attractive. The same price would be a better value to me.

rich_r

First Name
RIch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Country flag
Yeah hard to know if Porsche woukd adjust the msrp if the tax credit goes away. Given the tight supply right now i doubt they’d have to. Eventually…I could see them having to make adjustments. Clearly, Porsche are still price sensitive given that they are afraid to raise the base price by even a few hundred to give us power folding mirrors standard (for example)

if they ever do adjust the price it certainly won’t be by lowering base msrp. They’ll either introduce some sort of lease credit and:eek:r they’ll throw in a little more standard equipment. We shall see

I do think the whole tax credit thing is silly either way. Manufacturers factor that in to their MSRPs and charge 7500 more than they otherwise would.

Last edited:

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
If this is the case, it will happen sooner than later. Tesla has already raised their prices to perfectly match and pocket the rebate.
Essentially benefiting a trillion-dollar companies bottom line
This has always been the case. The tax credit may go to the consumer, but it was always the intent that it benefits the manufacturer. They were originally put in place to help manufacturers bring EVs on-par price wise to ICE cars while they innovated and scaled to reduce manufacturing costs. That’s why the original rebate ended after 200k cars were sold PER manufacturer. Of course Tesla is raising their prices.

Fedex77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3 E92, Range Rover Sport HST
Country flag
My father in law was looking for Toyota plug in hybrids and they are now conveniently priced at $7500 ABOVE MSRP - meaning the dealer is pocketing the tax credit. Super lame.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
My father in law was looking for Toyota plug in hybrids and they are now conveniently priced at $7500 ABOVE MSRP - meaning the dealer is pocketing the tax credit. Super lame.
Maybe, but keep in mind most car at dealerships are priced at above MSRP, $7,500 might just be a coincidence. For example, I all Meredes EQS allocation I recently found were $25,000 over MSRP, as were all Audi eTron GT RS allocations. I have not heard of Congress giving $25,000 rebates for those cars. Even new ICE cars are selling over MSRP nowadays, also no rebate from Congress for ICE cars. So perhaps the $7,500 above MSRP for Toyota's your father was looking at was just a coincidence?

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Of course, I can only speak for myself, but while the EV tax incentive is a nice "perk" it isn't a major factor in why I chose to buy a Taycan. I wanted to buy a Porsche and decided to buy a Porsche Taycan after reading the driving and other reviews and seeing one in person. I looked at the Teslas, which currently don't have a tax incentive, and couldn't get past the looks/quality, especially the interior.

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
Of course, I can only speak for myself, but while the EV tax incentive is a nice "perk" it isn't a major factor in why I chose to buy a Taycan. I wanted to buy a Porsche and decided to buy a Porsche Taycan after reading the driving and other reviews and seeing one in person. I looked at the Teslas, which currently don't have a tax incentive, and couldn't get past the looks/quality, especially the interior.
Although the tax credit isn't a motivation for an EV, OEMs price their EVs with that tax credit factored in.
Tesla sales tanked in the US after the tax credit was exhausted. After some time they ended up lowering the prices to match that $7500 rebate and sales rebounded

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Although the tax credit isn't a motivation for an EV, OEMs price their EVs with that tax credit factored in.
Tesla sales tanked in the US after the tax credit was exhausted. After some time they ended up lowering the prices to match that $7500 rebate and sales rebounded
Oh, I get it, but just don't feel it is a major consideration for people considering a premium vehicle like a Porche. If price/performance were the major consideration we'd all be driving Tesla's ;-)
Sponsored