Infrastructure Bill passed. I don’t think this is good.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Speaking as an economist that studies consumer spending, I'm quite happy when people avoid getting into debt. Debt has its uses, and it also has its problems. For many people, controlling their risk by avoiding debt makes sense.

You can, at least theoretically, financially engineer your asset purchases and financing to establish an overall level of debt that you find optimal. There's a lot of that in finance books (including the ones I cite from time to time.) However, in real life people face lots of issues and market imperfections and asymmetrical risks that don't appear in those finance models. One way, tried and true, to mitigate your risk is...avoid borrowing.

PLA
debt is a tool, if used judiciously it can maximize the power of your assets.
YMMV
Sponsored

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
There has been some discussion about the BBB being retroactive to 2021.
Current bill does not have a retroactive provision - whereas an earlier version of the bill was retroactive to May 24, 2021.

If it passes, it starts January 1, 2022

MohCT4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
Dealers are so clueless about this bill. My SA kept insisting that he and his sales manager hadn’t heard anything about the price cap of $80,000 and he asked me for sources. I sent him the summary from this thread. ??‍♂

OP
OP
Prit

Prit

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, Aspiring GTS ST owner.
Country flag
Dealers are so clueless about this bill. My SA kept insisting that he and his sales manager hadn’t heard anything about the price cap of $80,000 and he asked me for sources. I sent him the summary from this thread. ??‍♂
This is so true. I think Porsche is aware and is prioritizing Taycans. It looks like mine which was set to arrive towards EOM Jan ’22 is now getting here as early as mid-December!

DACSarasota

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Weird. Mine said the same thing when I met with him yesterday. He had no idea and told me the credit will apply if it didnt come in. When I said something, he texted someone to verify. Strange.

ithinkmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17 3, '22 4S CT, '22 MXP
Country flag
If you go by the VIN on how how Porsche categorized it.

It's considered a sedan.

-ThinkMac-

not that it matters much for a Taycan in terms of federal tax credit, but does a Turismo wagon count as a sedan or an SUV? Whoever wrote this in the House clearly thinks that sedans, vans, SUVs and pickup trucks are the only four categories of vehicles today... And I've never seen "SUV" definitively defined (or "crossover", for that matter) ...

Izzone

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
if it passes next year it will most likely retroactive to beginning of the year

Bella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4 CT, Prius
Country flag

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
But the unknown continues to be whether the Bill is retroactive to Jan1,2022? I have a CT coming in between Dec 29th-Jan 2. Currently arriving in San Diego Dec 28th.
For leases it should be fine I assume

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Why? Does the bill differentiate between leases and loans?
Leases you get the immediate cap reduction. If the Bill hastnt passed in Jan 2022, it shouldnt affect the lease
Sponsored