First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
To All Porsche Taycan 4S Users
I just got my Taycan 4S after waiting about a year plus (my initial car ended up in the sea). I noticed that at 100% charge the range is about 215 miles, I am thinking I got the wrong battery (or something) since I ordered the performance plus battery, so my question to Taycan 4S users with the performance plus option what was your initial battery range?
Sponsored

JustWatching

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (April '22)
Country flag
Not quite as simple a question to ask. You would really need to ask for people that picked up their cars in winter months.

I got mine end of April and first week I got an estimated 300 mile range which was pretty spot on. Currently I am at about 240 mile range because it is colder.

You do need to wait for it to calibrate itself, drive for a while. And also do your own math based on actual mileage vs % used.

Double check your monroney label

I have a 4S with plus battery.

Last edited:

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I just got my Taycan 4S after waiting about a year plus (my initial car ended up in the sea). I noticed that at 100% charge the range is about 215 miles, I am thinking I got the wrong battery (or something) since I ordered the performance plus battery, so my question to Taycan 4S users with the performance plus option what was your initial battery range?
My CT 4S had an initial predicted range of 210 miles. It took about 500 miles before regenerative braking kicked in but 225 is the current estimate.
It is winter here and the real range is hugely effected by battery temperature and how much energy is used to get it up to an efficient temperature.
If I only do short journeys, 5 miles or less, I’d be expecting less than 150.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
This is normal.

Range will increase over time and with higher ambient temperatures.

On My Porsch App go to your car details and all technical details and your battery will be listed there - Performance Battery Plus.

VIN lookup in US may also display this.

andix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991.1 S, Taycan Turbo (4/21), others
Country flag
It's actually irrelevant.
The range is calculated from previous consumption. So if they just maneuvered the car a bit, the calculated range is v low because the (short distance) consumption was high.

You need to drive a bit yourself ;-)

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
My CT 4S had an initial predicted range of 210 miles. It took about 500 miles before regenerative braking kicked in but 225 is the current estimate.

It is winter here and the real range is hugely effected by battery temperature and how much energy is used to get it up to an efficient temperature.

If I only do short journeys, 5 miles or less, I’d be expecting less than 150.

+1

Picked up 8 days ago still only done 300 miles and range is currently about 215 miles.

I did one long run on 2nd day of ownership... 212 mile round trip with ambient temp at -7°C outward and -5° C return and range achieved equated to 180 miles. I was not able to pre condition the car before either outward or return journeys as mobile charger plus didn't arrive at Reading until 2 days after collection.

Last edited:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
+1

Picked up 8 days ago still only done 300 miles and range is currently about 215 miles.

I did one long run on 2nd day of ownership... 212 mile round trip with ambient temp at -7°C outward and -5° C return and range achieved equated to 180 miles. I was not able to pre condition the car before either outward or return journeys as mobile charger plus didn't arrive at Reading until 2 days after collection.
Don't expect much in the way of battery pre-conditioning from the PMC+ or PMCC (it will never get warm enough) - this time of year (or any time) your battery temp will be on the low side and won't really impact estimated range more than it already is.

By summer time your estimated range should be heading towards 235 - 245 miles (or potentially higher) - helped by the higher ambient temperature and more miles on the battery. From ultrafast (150kW+) DC charging you may even see 280+ miles estimated (for a few short miles until the battery cools down from the heady heights of 32C).

Soon you'll start to worry less about range and simply plan (charging stops) ahead for most journeys to ease the anxiety.

Don't reset your Trip recorder and leave 'Total Since' untouched since you first took delivery - this will give you the best overall average consumption for the miles travelled. 3.3 mil/kWh should be a good target to expect and equates to 259 miles of actual range. Living in warmer parts of the UK and sensible driving may see even better consumption.

In my experience (now) this is a clever car and an efficient one at that.

Tuco Blondin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Sport Turismo, BMW M3 F80
Country flag
This is normal.

Range will increase over time and with higher ambient temperatures.

On My Porsch App go to your car details and all technical details and your battery will be listed there - Performance Battery Plus.

VIN lookup in US may also display this.
I don't have this information when I view my car details. Would you have a screenshot? Thanks

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I don't have this information when I view my car details. Would you have a screenshot? Thanks
Launch the My Porsche website (not the app), touch the picture of your car and then scroll.

Then All Technical Data option is aat the bottom after the long list of Porsche Connect services.

Porsche Taycan Initial Battery Range for Taycan 4S? Screenshot_20221227-113745_Chrome

Porsche Taycan Initial Battery Range for Taycan 4S? Screenshot_20221227-113809_Chrome

Porsche Taycan Initial Battery Range for Taycan 4S? Screenshot_20221227-113825_Chrome

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
I am in the Northeast of the US. It’s been about 20 degrees F lately. I am getting 225 at 100% SoC rolling on 21” all seasons. I picked up my car less than 3 weeks ago. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Valen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Eva Ribelle RS
Country flag
To the OP, your range will improve a bit as temperature goes up (and also the car is still on the learning curve)

Also, if you are coming from a tesla (as i did) the range is quite different. I had a big range on city/suburb but it went down dramaticaly on highway (around 160 miles at 100mph/h).
On the Taycan it's different, your range is somehow less affected by highway and even at 100+ mph i've a lot more range than on the Tesla.

Spd_Tkt

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 4S, 20 Jeep JLUR, 14 991.1 C2S-MT, 13 BMW K16GT
Country flag
This past summer I was on a road trip up the Pacific Coast highway. There was stretch where I wanted to bridge from the EA stations in Crescent City, CA to Newport, OR – a trip of about 230 miles. The recommended routing with ABRP was to leave US 101 to recharge in Grants Pass or some other EA stations on I-5. But this was forest fire season, and the last thing I wanted to run into was a highway closure.

So I decided to stay along the coast. I should not have been surprised to see this, but by turning off the AC and ventilation fans, cracking the windows open (ambient temps where 60-70 degrees F), keeping my speed down to only a few MPH above the (usually) 55 MPH speed limit, and staying in range mode, I still had ~20% state of charge when I arrived in Newport. The remaining range was another 60 miles – a good buffer.

I realized that while driving along the Oregon coast, at a very leisurely pace, I enjoyed much more of the scenery. It was also interesting to monitor how I was doing with actual vs estimated range. I saw that the estimated range was lower than my actual range.

One last note. This trip was done just prior to the big software upgrade, so this was when "range" mode was biased towards front wheel drive. Perhaps range could be further improved now.

Our cars are just like the Starship Enterprise. We can direct energy to propulsion, life support (ventilation), shields (lights), but no phasers.

Cheers
Sponsored