Initial Taycan deliveries will be Taycan Turbo. S and Base six months later

Marshall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S; 2021 Macan S
Country flag
I just spoke to the sales manager at my dealer and he advises me that the initial cars in the United States will be the "Turbo" version with a sticker of approximately $140,000.00. When I asked him when he anticipated the Base and S models would start to be delivered he said if it followed normal Porsche scheduling, approximately 6 months after initial delivery. He did state that ordering for the Base and S models should open up about one month after ordering opens for the "Turbo" model although he did indicate ordering may be possible for all models at the same time.
Sponsored

Haros

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You bet
Country flag
I can’t think of a single time Porsche has released the top trim first in its entire history of existence unless it was the only trim.
There may very well be some rare examples but it’s certainly not common.

Reactions: Dee

Eisbärenhöhle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
... clearly too many of them
Country flag
@Haros

This release is special ..- they have to compete with Tesla ... if Porsche would start with base model and you would compare with Tesla ... everybody would laugh .... that`s it.

GratedWasabi

Banned
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan Turbo
Country flag
@Haros

This release is special ..- they have to compete with Tesla ... if Porsche would start with base model and you would compare with Tesla ... everybody would laugh .... that`s it.
You're not competing with Tesla by releasing a $140k+ car with inferior technology. Completely different market.

Regardless, this dealership made it up. Period. They have no more information than we do. If it's not directly from Porsche it's hot air.

Raek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, E92 M3, Wrangler TJ
Country flag
This just in, salesman says one thing, then revokes initial thing by saying the opposite of what he initially said.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Indeed, these "models" are based on a vague email from a salesman which name isn't even known.
Nothing stated by Porsche whatsoever.
Same for price range.
Besides, "Turbo" would be a silly name anyway.
Just wait and see.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Fact: more and more 350kW chargers are being installed in the Netherlands. Also Germany.

randkin

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
930 TC, 997.2 TTS, Panamera TTS, Cayenne GTS, Ferrari 612 OTO
Country flag
I have 4 cars which I have serviced with my Porsche dealer so I am in the dealership very regularly and always check in with my salesman for any Taycan news. I have talked with my dealership’s sales people as recently as last week. The dealership is a high volume Porsche dealer in So Cal having two stores both in affluent areas. They knew very little and were not aware any details which models were going to be available first. I advised them I would be interested in the top trim level so if the “Turbo S” model is being introduced first I am sure they would have advised me.

I have had my deposit down almost as soon as deposits could be placed and was on the “pre list” prior to that. They have kept me up to date when they had any information regardless how sketchy. I am guessing OP sales manager knows nothing for sure and is really just blowing smoke, especially if it is BH Porsche.
Sponsored

Last edited: