InnoDrive spec'd VS InnoDrive over FOD

maddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
In a last minute change, I'm planning to add ACC to my (already beyond budget) specs. I like InnoDrive too and I think it's an area that will continue to slowly improve in the future. I see we can get Innodrive over FOD, which I'm planning to do. But here's a very specific question: What do I lose by not adding Innodrive at build ? I couldn't find any specific info so far. I came across a comparison sheet in German, so that failed as I couldn't understand. Here's a video that shows that if you get Innodrive, the car gets equipped with a radar on top of the windshield. So is this part missing when I don't add Innodrive at build ? Or as the video says - it exists regardless as an unused part (w/o innodrive). I'm sorry - this has become such a confusion.

Porsche Taycan InnoDrive spec'd VS InnoDrive over FOD Screen Shot 2021-09-06 at 3.47.02 AM
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
All Taycans have a camera in this location - road sign recognition etc.

You must specify Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) at build time and then optionally add Innodrive either at build time or after delivery via Function on Demand (FoD). ACC adds a radar dome beneath the front bumper and can't be added post delivery for fairly obvious reasons.

I think someone posted on the forum a while back that there are differences if both are ordered at build time and Innodrive added later. I'm not sure this is true otherwise Porsche wouldn't be offering Innodrive FoD.

Check with a knowledgeable dealer but I'm 99% confident that as long as you have ACC installed any future addition of Innodrive (software primarily) can be trialled and / or purchased FoD.

Coooler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance (sold), Taycan CT4
Country flag
Interesting post that led me to investigate the FOD option on the Porsche Connect store a bit more (I have optioned ACC but not Innodrive, but am still waiting to get the car..) In the UK at least the following note is shown on the Innodrive FOD page:

Porsche Taycan InnoDrive spec'd VS InnoDrive over FOD connect_store_fod.PNG

(Key text: The range of functions of the Function on Demand Porsche InnoDrive does not fully correspond to the option Porsche InnoDrive including adaptive cruise control. Link: https://connect-store.porsche.com/gb/en/p/inno_drive_v1 then choose Taycan)

Unfortunately, I can't find anywhere that actually specifies what the differences are though..

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Interesting post that led me to investigate the FOD option on the Porsche Connect store a bit more (I have optioned ACC but not Innodrive, but am still waiting to get the car..) In the UK at least the following note is shown on the Innodrive FOD page:

connect_store_fod.PNG

(Key text: The range of functions of the Function on Demand Porsche InnoDrive does not fully correspond to the option Porsche InnoDrive including adaptive cruise control. Link: https://connect-store.porsche.com/gb/en/p/inno_drive_v1 then choose Taycan)

Unfortunately, I can't find anywhere that actually specifies what the differences are though..
Ah that's interesting and definitely suggests both are different. I suspect (speculation on my part) is that the factory fit may include additional sensors for cross traffic / intersect assist. Definitely one for the dealer to explain in full.

If there are truly differences then Porsche should rename one as InnoDrive Lite to make the distinction clear.

Gladly, I don't have it on my car nor would I ever spec it - I detest autonomous control and would end up switching features off!

Coooler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance (sold), Taycan CT4
Country flag
Ah that's interesting and definitely suggests both are different. I suspect (speculation on my part) is that the factory fit may include additional sensors for cross traffic / intersect assist. Definitely one for the dealer to explain in full.

If there are truly differences then Porsche should rename one as InnoDrive Lite to make the distinction clear.

Gladly, I don't have it on my car nor would I ever spec it - I detest autonomous control and would end up switching features off!
Yes, very much agree on the 'Innodrive Lite' idea - FOD in general does seem to me to be getting off the ground rather slowly. I'm sure I'll try it for a month as the cost is relatively low and I'd be interested to see if I find it useful.

I've had ACC on previous cars and chose it on this one as I find it very useful in slow moving traffic to do all the stop/start, and unfortunately my commute contains this kind of traffic frequently.

schad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, e-tron
Country flag
At least in the US, ACC+PID when ordering the car includes ALK; but when getting the car with ACC and adding PID via FoD, it does not include ALK. With FoD, ALK is an additional product which can also be added.

SwissTaycan

First Name
Dieter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S arrived on 23.12.20 and 718 Spyder on order
Country flag
Innodrive is the one option I would not order again. ACC, which I use daily, is all I need.

OP
OP

maddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
Thank you, that was quite helpful. I'm going to spec ACC and test out the other options through FOD. Both the options have 3 months free trial and $24/month. I doubt I'd use innodrive, but by getting ACC, at least I'll have the hardware to test out options over FOD. Maybe they'll improve by 2024 :)

Kaytan

First Name
Kai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Any conclusive update on this by now? Do we know for sure that InnoDrive and ALK are the same both ways (ie. spec from factory vs. FoD)? I only want ALK, not InnoDrive (for now), but I'm afraid that InnoDrive might become more useful in the future, and possibly only for cars that were spec'd from factory.
Sponsored