Input Needed - Taycan trade in for RS6

f10tt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan, 2022 Cayenne, 2021 Bronco
Country flag
I have a dealership about 500 miles south of me offering me an absolutely absurd number for my MY22 RWD car. They have an RS6 with about 14k on the clock and when it's all said and done I'd be out of pocket 9k for the RS6.

I'm really struggling with this because I absolutely love the Taycan. Our garage currently consists of a MY22 Cayenne Coupe and a 4 door Bronco. I was hoping somebody on here had some input about going from the Taycan to the RS6 or vice versa. Any input would be helpful because like I said, I love the Taycan but the RS6 has always been one of those bucket list cars for me.
Sponsored

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
I have a dealership about 500 miles south of me offering me an absolutely absurd number for my MY22 RWD car. They have an RS6 with about 14k on the clock and when it's all said and done I'd be out of pocket 9k for the RS6.

I'm really struggling with this because I absolutely love the Taycan. Our garage currently consists of a MY22 Cayenne Coupe and a 4 door Bronco. I was hoping somebody on here had some input about going from the Taycan to the RS6 or vice versa. Any input would be helpful because like I said, I love the Taycan but the RS6 has always been one of those bucket list cars for me.
I get why you're struggling. An RS6 is a bit of a hero car for me too. I've owned an RS3 which was an absolutely superb car and a little rocket. I test drove an RS6 and it was an amazing drive and very practical too, beside fuel usage. I guess it's probably going to come down to personal choice. The RS6 would be an experience and maybe one you won't have long to get, with legislation etc. However, once you've got rid of the Taycan, getting one again could be a painful journey, as many on here will attest to.

Bigben

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover L405 4.4L SDV8, VW T-ROC R, Yamaha FZ8
Country flag
RS6 all day long if new model
It’ll be a big step up in oomph vs RWD… interior is super high quality and the styling is amazing.

I’ve grown up wishing my dad would love cars enough to get a C6 V10 but never happened 😑 always thought I’d get one and definitely on the bucket list too!

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Personally, i’d never replace Taycan. It’s a new car, the best looking car…
and i’ll never go back to ICE.

But, as i’m usually saying: your money, your choice.
good luck!

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I always loved the RS6 - despite never having kids or a dog!
Strange, that an estate could be so cool and desirable when I generally prefer smaller cars.

But when the Taycan CT/ST came out I decided that the RS6 had eventually been knocked off its pedestal.
Add on the environmental aspect and running costs and the Taycan is the future and the RS6 the past imo.

That said, I do get that you are going to be going from a RWD into an RS6 and that petrol / gas prices are much cheaper in the US. And also your other cars in the garage.

smohr33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S -> Taycan CT4
Country flag
I'd do the RWD to RS6 trade in a second. I thought about it, but wound up with a Taycan CT which I think is the best of both worlds, minus the soundtrack.

Ryun43

First Name
Ryun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S...991.2 GT3 Touring
Country flag
I went the other direction. I thought my RS6 felt soooo much bigger than the taycan or panamera.
it was fast but the handling and turn in is so much better on the taycan. If you need the extra space, its definitely a nice car but I think the Porsche is in a different league for handling and feel

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
I went the other direction. I thought my RS6 felt soooo much bigger than the taycan or panamera.
it was fast but the handling and turn in is so much better on the taycan. If you need the extra space, its definitely a nice car but I think the Porsche is in a different league for handling and feel
i always felt that Audi’s felt like playing Gran Turismo. Point and shoot rather than feeling the car.

OP
OP
f10tt

f10tt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Going from an EV Porsche to an ICE Audi seems to me like a backwards move. But if it is a dream car for you then all logical arguments are irrelevant and the decision can only be one based on emotion
totally agree with you. I’ve never had an emotional attachment to a vehicle like I do with the Taycan. It’s actually absurd how much I love this car.

ThePaddyWan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Polestar 2, Maverick
Country flag
Hard choice. I'd say it depends on what's most important to you, both are great vehicles.

I think it'll be easier to replace the RWD Taycan at a reasonable cost and the RS6 would probably maintain it's value pretty well compared to the RWD. With the Cayenne and Bronco you have the practical vehicles in house, so the change from Sedan to Wagon won't change much for you.

In terms of driving, I haven't driven an RS6 specifically only other models, but a common complaint about Audi's is their lack of driver feedback to match the performance and the RWD Taycan is noted as being one of the most 'playful' versions of the Taycan, so you'd lose that with the change.

Since the RS6 has miles on it, I assume the dealer will let you take a longer test drive to get a feel for the car. Use the opportunity to see if it has the 'it' factor.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Ask yourself why you’re able to trade your car for the RS6 for such a small amount. Having owned a bunch of Audis, including an S4 and RS5, they’re all motor and not much more. Every one of them has been a flawed car that I flipped relatively quickly.

OP
OP
f10tt

f10tt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ask yourself why you’re able to trade your car for the RS6 for such a small amount. Having owned a bunch of Audis, including an S4 and RS5, they’re all motor and not much more. Every one of them has been a flawed car that I flipped relatively quickly.
I’ve had a couple built S4s, a fully built hybrid turbo B9 SQ5 and a brief stint with a B8 RS5 so I hear you on that.

This particular dealership is ina very elderly part of the country and they’ve had the car on the lot for 5 months. I first reached out after the car had hit the lot and have been back and forth for a long time with them. This is the only one in this spec that has sat for more than a few weeks.

After going back and forth, I think I may keep the Taycan after all.
Sponsored