Input Needed - Taycan trade in for RS6

dmattingly23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
It's my wife's daily. She loves the Bronco, but we're selling that and getting her into a Urus by years end.

$114k on a $113,590 sticker. Car has 9k miles.
If they are offering you $114k then they believe they can sell it for a lot more. Not sure if that changes your perspective on value.

is there something about the Taycan that you won’t miss?

once you sell the Taycan just know that if you wanted to go back you’ll either pay a premium for a used one or be waiting months for an allocation/production.
Sponsored

ithinkmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17 3, '22 4S CT, '22 MXP
Country flag
RS6 is also one of my bucket cars, till the Cross Turismo was announced. Then I dropped the RS6 like a bad habit. Nothing wrong with it, but I now prefer my 4S CT everyday.

Why not go with the Taycan GTS ST, or the 4S and above for the CT. None of the nice engine sound of the RS, but everything else, Taycan wins.

OK, maybe 1. I actually think the Avant styling is better looking on the RS6 vs the ST or CT design. Not sure how Audi does it, but their Avant's are on-point.

-ThinkMac-

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo, Eletre R (on order)
Country flag
I’ve grown up wishing my dad would love cars enough to get a C6 V10 but never happened 😑 always thought I’d get one and definitely on the bucket list too!
I owned a Sepang Blue C6 RS6 saloon from 2009 to 2018. Epic engine, but the car was huge and quite heavy.

If I could turn back time I’d have my naturally aspirated V8 RS4 from 2006 again. Despite the FSi engine coking it’s heads. Still a saloon, but a great machine.

For the OP, not sure I’d trade a Taycan to go to an used RS6 though…

Deleted member 6348

Going from Taycan to RS6 is going backwards. You’re giving up that Porsche steering feel, chassis tuning, and ride quality. You’ll also be back to paying higher maintenance costs on top of gasoline.

On top of that, Audi RS6 depreciation is substantially worse than the Taycan. Audi has always been rough and tumble on that front. The RS cars are not immune.

Reading this thread, I see “bucket list” and allusions to the Audi being some kind of dream car. There are almost no Audi cars that deserve that status. Drive some other cars.

4SJB

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCT Mini Cooper S Audi A4 3.0 TDI
Country flag
Just heard a new RS6 go past; keep the Porsche!

iten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
I don't understand all the negativity towards Audi here...you are basically driving an Audi in a Porsche body...

If I get to do it all over again, I would strongly consider picking the RS6 over my 4S...at least the RS6 interior is way more premium than the Taycan..

I also don't agree how the RS6 will depreciate more than the Taycan in the long run..the Taycan's current crazy residual value is due to supply shortage....once that problem is solved and better battery technology arrives, these first gen EVs will be worthless...

However, I don't see how OP's deal is anything good....The Taycan has a premium resale value now while an RS6 should be heavily depreciated with 14K miles on the clock...I wouldn't put in extra cash to trade in your MY22 for the RS6. So either you are not really getting offered an insane amount of money for your RWD, or you are over valuing the RS6.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I don't understand all the negativity towards Audi here...you are basically driving an Audi in a Porsche body...
I thought it was the other way round?
The J1 platform was designed primarily for the Taycan and Audi then used it.

https://www.evo.co.uk/audi/audi-e-t...eview-how-does-audis-take-on-a-porsche-taycan

But that's how modern platforms work anyway.....
Eg The VW Touareg shares the same platform with the Bentley Bentayga, Audi RSQ8, Lamborghini Urus and Porsche Cayenne.

You can't tell a Lamborghini, Bentley and Porsche owner they are basically driving a VW Touareg in a different body.

I also disagree that first gen EVs (which Taycans aren't) become 'worthless' as battery technology improves.

Most ICE cars will depreciate far faster than similar EVs imo, as people will factor in running costs and environmental factors.
Every time I fill up my wife's car and pay the road tax, it makes me wince compared with running the Taycan.

Last edited:

Fitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Cayman 981 GT4
Country flag
Be sure to drive and RS6 first, I was not impressed. Sure its fast enough, but response is lazy, it feels super heavy, steering is numb, and Audi interiors are a bit messy. Big autobahn blaster but you never get to drive like that

Schn3ll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera e-hybrid, 2018 Carrera T, 2012 Volt
Country flag
Be sure to drive and RS6 first, I was not impressed. Sure its fast enough, but response is lazy, it feels super heavy, steering is numb, and Audi interiors are a bit messy. Big autobahn blaster but you never get to drive like that
I agree. I drove one prior to buying my Taycan RWD and the RS6 felt very heavy and wasn’t impressive in power. I know they can be easily tuned but it feels very top heavy and floaty compared to the Taycan. I had an order in on an RS6 and cancelled after that. Plus coming from multiple Porsche’s I had a hard time going to an Audi. I know it’s snotty but I can’t help it.

OP
OP
f10tt

f10tt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan, 2022 Cayenne, 2021 Bronco
Country flag
Appreciate everybody's input on this. This community is great.

While I was at my local dealership this weekend I was offered the third and last allocation for this dealership for a GT3RS and a waiting spot for a GTS Sport Turismo.

I took both recognizing that they're requiring me to trade in two vehicles for them when those pop up (probably after this time next year).

So for now, the Taycan is staying and I've decided to purchase the RS6 anyway.

Deleted member 6348

As others have noted, the J1 platform was developed by Porsche then sold to Audi. Etron’s are built in a different facility, different quality standards along with wildly different suspension and powertrain tuning.

Like the 911 and 718, the Taycan is very much a real Porsche.

EVs aren’t a flash in the pan thing and the cars themselves do last a long time, because they are mechanically simpler than an ICE vehicle. In 5 years, a used Taycan will be worth considerably more than that RS6.

What happens a decade from now if/when the battery wears out? Well, you buy a new one and it will be substantially cheaper than doing so today. I would not be surprised if Porsche offers a battery pack with updated cells in the future given their track record of legacy support.

Deleted member 6348

Appreciate everybody's input on this. This community is great.

While I was at my local dealership this weekend I was offered the third and last allocation for this dealership for a GT3RS and a waiting spot for a GTS Sport Turismo.

I took both recognizing that they're requiring me to trade in two vehicles for them when those pop up (probably after this time next year).

So for now, the Taycan is staying and I've decided to purchase the RS6 anyway.
GT3RS, now we’re talking. 👍

Schn3ll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera e-hybrid, 2018 Carrera T, 2012 Volt
Country flag
Or you could just get both like you did if money is no object. Haha. Congrats on the RS and GTS.
Would you want to adopt by any chance? ;)

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
Haha, trading in a Porsche to an Audi...
Are you nuts?

An RS6 is just so overrated...
Actually it's just a big motor in a rather standard wagon with some enhancements.
It's never developed as a sportscar.
If you want to know what understeer is buy an Audi RSx.
You'll regret it but hé, it's your bucket list, not mine. 😁
For better context, since you live in Europe, fast performance wagons are very common and have been for decades. So they are nothing special there. Here in the US they are such a rarity that owning a new model RS6 is a very special thing among enthusiasts.

If he buys it now, enjoys it whole gas is still reasonable and then can still sell it to a collector for good money.

In the meantime, cars like the Taycan will only become more plentiful and available but cars like the RS6 in the US will be even more rare.
Sponsored

Reactions: Dee