Insane market in Northern Cali

timo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS, Sequoia
Country flag
As stated, there is no need to play ball at your local dealer. I found a GTS allocation in one afternoon of searching nationwide.

When it gets here, that's an entirely different matter?‍♂
Sponsored

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I am not new to Porsche having owned several over the last twenty years. There are dealers who will not engage in marking up their cars over MSRP. The ones who do need to be pointed out so people do not do business with them.
You’ll be pointing out most of them, including many Premier dealers, particularly in this environment.

AddAlfa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS Sport Turismo
Country flag
Not necessarily. I found a dealer a month ago who sold me a GTS ST allocation at MSRP. Just need to do the work.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Maybe not the loss of one boat… but the complete shutdown of all Porsche production lines… yeah that’ll drive the prices nuts yet again ?
That's an excellent point. Shutting down production due to war-related supply chain issues is a completely different problem.

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I am not new to Porsche having owned several over the last twenty years. There are dealers who will not engage in marking up their cars over MSRP. The ones who do need to be pointed out so people do not do business with them.
Which dealer is going to sell a GT3RS at MSRP to any schlub that walks up and offers to buy it? I'll go order one from them today if they will, so I can resell it.

vmporsche

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Does anyone know what the used market looks like for used Taycans, in this craziness? I have a well-equipped 4S (SF Bay Area) that I may be looking to sell. Wondering how much off of MSRP it could go for right now.

Deleted member 6348

Given that production is being shutdown today due to war-related supply chain issues, used Taycan’s will command greater dollars.

It will take a few months to get alternate sourcing for wiring harnesses to function at scale. The production cut-offs are a big deal.

Crick

First Name
Crick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Volt, 2009 BMW X5D, 2021 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I spoke with Redwood City Porshe yesterday (near San Francisco) — They received only two Turbo S allocations in 2021, and have received only one MY2022 Turbo S allocation (allocated in Q4 '21)

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S - 2020
Country flag
I'll sell mine way better optioned than that for less :) Getting ready for my Rivian! May be back though, really considering buying a cross turismo still

hitmonlee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Macan GTS
Country flag
why buy from a Cali dealer? Get it new through any normal state dealer and deliver through PECLA, or if you want to buy pre-owned, make a fun road trip out of it.
I don't know what the current situation is, but when I bought my 2021 Macan GTS from a dealer in IL late 2021, they told me there was a 4-month wait time for PECLA delivery, and I ended up having it shipped to NorCal directly. Difference between PECLA delivery and IL to CA shipping was about $1000, but I figured it was worth it to get the car 4 months sooner.

Last edited:

wurzitup

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
Which dealer is going to sell a GT3RS at MSRP to any schlub that walks up and offers to buy it? I'll go order one from them today if they will, so I can resell it.
I think a lot of places sell gt3's for MSRP........ thats not the problem. They only get 2 a year and they have 80 customers wanting one.........

jkoya

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan CT4, 23 Mini Cooper SE on order
Country flag
Burlingame
Thanks. They were one of the dealerships I contacted about a 911 allocation last year, but the sales staff didn't give me a whole lot of confidence...

rcsting

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I don't know what the current situation is, but when I bought my 2021 Macan GTS from a dealer in IL late 2021, they told me there was a 4-month wait time for PECLA delivery, and I ended up having it shipped to NorCal directly. Difference between PECLA delivery and IL to CA shipping was about $1000, but I figured it was worth it to get the car 4 months sooner.
PECLA delivery isn’t too bad right now. My Taycan arrives in Benicia on the Sigma early April and I take delivery late April.
Sponsored