Runestone

First Name
Sten
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
Porsche in Sweden has their first CT touring among the dealers, and my local dealer got it first. So I had a chance to see (but not drive) it live today. In general I think it looks very nice. The back of course resembles the Panamera Sport Tursimo, but it is sleeker and a little more "sports car like". The difference was larger than I expected, which I felt was postive.

The back seat is definitely more comfortable. I am 190 cm (6'3") with fairly long upper body, but I still had a couple of cm head clearance even sitting upright. I would have no problem sitting an hour or two in the back seat (which happens when we are on a longer trip), but I would be reluctant to do that in regular Taycan.

The trunk is not huge, but a little bigger and much more accessible than the regular Taycan. I think it will do nicely also on a longer trip. With the backseat folded it is a pretty descent "transporter".

It was a Turbo S, so the wheel arches were glossy, and I don't think they looked too bad, despite that the car had a pretty light color. I tugged a little at one of them and I wouldn't be surprised if it would be possible to remove them. There is certainly regular paint beneath.

The car also had the offroad package and the extra plastic "flaps" looked even worse than in the configurator. So no regent that I didn't order that :)
Sponsored

Bry5on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'70 electric Jaguar, ‘21 Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
Awesome, thanks! Any more photos? Could you tell if the wheel arches were adhesive versus clips or anything like that?

rich_r

First Name
RIch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Country flag
That all sounds great. How would you say the backseat and cargo area compares with your Q5 (or a Macan)? The Cross Turismo has about a foot of extra length on those vehicles, so i'd expect that its atleast as good...

philbur

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 911 C2 (993), 2015 Cayenne S, 1978 VW Bus
Country flag
More on the trunk! we are replacing our Cayenne with this and need to fit all our ski boxes in the truck (skis in a box on top). it will be a squeeze, but worth it to go electric, but how much? Wife might not like this as much as I do :\

Bill4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo ; CT4S ordered
Country flag
s great. How would you say the backseat and cargo area compares with your Q5 (or a Macan)? The Cross Turismo has about a foot of extra length on those vehicles, so i'd expect that its atleast as good...
I currently have a Macan which I am replacing with the CT. Seats folded i would say space is reduced by 20% in comparison with the Macan. Not that much. On the other hand longer objects such as surf boards will fit better due to the extra length.

Bill4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo ; CT4S ordered
Country flag
The car also had the offroad package and the extra plastic "flaps" looked even worse than in the configurator. So no regent that I didn't order that :)
Were the plastic flaps silver, grey vesuve or black ? IMO flaps suit the car perfectly as it gives it a rugged look. ;)

OP
OP
Runestone

Runestone

First Name
Sten
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
Awesome, thanks! Any more photos? Could you tell if the wheel arches were adhesive versus clips or anything like that?
They seemed pretty well integrated, but it was possible to lift them a little. But I didn't want to tug too hard so I can't really say. I don't think the Porsche people would have appreciated me ripping off the wheel arches. (The customer is not always right :)

OP
OP
Runestone

Runestone

First Name
Sten
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
That all sounds great. How would you say the backseat and cargo area compares with your Q5 (or a Macan)? The Cross Turismo has about a foot of extra length on those vehicles, so i'd expect that its atleast as good...
The backseat about the same. The trunk a bit smaller I would say. The Q5 is short but higher so you can stack your bags higher. But then again you can put one or two smaller bags in the frunk.
Porsche Taycan Inspected the Taycan Cross Turismo live - my impressions IMG_0422.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Runestone

Runestone

First Name
Sten
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
Were the plastic flaps silver, grey vesuve or black ? IMO flaps suit the car perfectly as it gives it a rugged look. ;)
They were matt black, I suppose the same color as the standard wheel arches. But since the wheel arches, in this case, were glossy black, they contrasted unfavorably. Worse, they didn't really seem to fit, not only visually, but mechanically as well.

Personally don't see the CT as a rugged car, despite the marketing. To me, it is essentially a sporty car with a little more space and a little more clearance. I appreciate both and think the clearance will be useful over speedbumps, on gravel roads, and when there is a lot of snow. But I don't intend to take it offroad.

The picture below is from one of my trips to Iceland. The rental jeep had good clearance and real offroad tires, which were great at the river crossings (there were quite a few of these), but it was absolutely terrible on the normal road. But there are bridges where I live, so I prioritize the normal road-handling :)

Porsche Taycan Inspected the Taycan Cross Turismo live - my impressions DSCF7574

Guyneutron

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne S
Country flag
Do you have better photos of the wheels? I can see them peeking out in the photo, and they seem chunkier then the photos...plus any other photos would be greatly appreciated.

Guards Red Car

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan, 2021 Macan S, 2024 Boxster S
Country flag
The backseat about the same. The trunk a bit smaller I would say. The Q5 is short but higher so you can stack your bags higher. But then again you can put one or two smaller bags in the frunk.
IMG_0422.JPG
Brown seats!
Brown carpet!
Brown headliner!
......is this a production ready build?? Never seen these interior colors before!

TaycanCT4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
How did the roof rails look? Any more photos?

I keep going back and forth on adding/removing them on my build!

Peersylvest

First Name
Peer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5 Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo (TBD 2021)
Country flag
Do you have better photos of the wheels? I can see them peeking out in the photo, and they seem chunkier then the photos...plus any other photos would be greatly appreciated.
I got this picture - they look awesome. Also ordered for my CT

Porsche Taycan Inspected the Taycan Cross Turismo live - my impressions 1741F6F9-C33B-4BD3-A468-94F111E5BA4E