jenzfc

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan, 2022 Polestar 2
Country flag
I installed the OEM Porsche ones, I wish I would have known about this option though, looks better!
Sponsored

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
Hey Guys the Pimpmyev site is not listing the Taycan puddle lights. They said there was not that much demand (they are more a Tesla accessory site). I emailed them and explained there might be some forum members who wanted to order. "Sam" replied and provided the link to the "custom order" and he said to make the order and then email them with the order number and advise them you want the Taycan puddle light and they will create them.

I placed my order and will report back once received. Was $100 and their website has a 10% coupon.

https://pimpmyev.com/products/custom-order

Draman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I can't vouch for this as I just have the stock puddle lights from Porsche, but I saw this product popup on Instagram. They have a few different options for puddle lights and they are less expensive than the ones linked earlier in this thread:

https://madiled.com/products/typef

kailifish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Am i correct that this doesnt work for people who didn't option the ambient lighting?

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
Am i correct that this doesnt work for people who didn't option the ambient lighting?
No. The lights under the doors that are replaced are a safety requirement, so the part that you are replacing is standard.

BronxBomberMJ

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hey Guys the Pimpmyev site is not listing the Taycan puddle lights. They said there was not that much demand (they are more a Tesla accessory site). I emailed them and explained there might be some forum members who wanted to order. "Sam" replied and provided the link to the "custom order" and he said to make the order and then email them with the order number and advise them you want the Taycan puddle light and they will create them.

I placed my order and will report back once received. Was $100 and their website has a 10% coupon.

https://pimpmyev.com/products/custom-order
Do you think they're able to do the Porsche logo and Porsche underneath? I'm torn between it and Taycan...

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Do you think they're able to do the Porsche logo and Porsche underneath? I'm torn between it and Taycan...
Put the Porsche ones on the front doors and Taycan on the rears and they will read “Porsche Taycan”. Just make sure you open both doors at the same time :)

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think so. Email them. They were super responsive. I ordered the Taycan. Shipped, but has not arrived. Looks like it comes from China.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just installed my PimpMyEv puddle lights. $90 shipped (if you order OEM from Suncoast they are $159 and ordered with the car is a $330 option). It does take some time to receive and you have to email him what you want as the Taycan/Porsche stuff is not on his website anymore.

If you can change your cell phone case and plug it in to charge, you can do this mod.

You do not need the interior tools (I had them for my Dashcam install), a plastic card will work. Insert it in the top edge of the puddle light on one side and push you will feel the clip release, move to the other side and it will come out in your hand. The clips are a little different on the new one. The lens (red area) is glued to the housing (some other puddle lights have you replace that, this is a complete replacement, but I will say the glue is minimal so handle gently). Squeeze the sides of the black plug and pull it out of the OEM light housing. Plug it into the new puddle light (only fits one way) and snap the light back into the door. Done.

Porsche Taycan Installed puddle lights “Taycan” IMG_0445
Porsche Taycan Installed puddle lights “Taycan” IMG_0444
Porsche Taycan Installed puddle lights “Taycan” IMG_0449
Porsche Taycan Installed puddle lights “Taycan” IMG_0447
Porsche Taycan Installed puddle lights “Taycan” IMG_0448
Porsche Taycan Installed puddle lights “Taycan” IMG_0455

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Just installed my PimpMyEv puddle lights. $90 shipped (if you order OEM from Suncoast they are $159 and ordered with the car is a $330 option). It does take some time to receive and you have to email him what you want as the Taycan/Porsche stuff is not on his website anymore.

If you can change your cell phone case and plug it in to charge, you can do this mod.

You do not need the interior tools (I had them for my Dashcam install), a plastic card will work. Insert it in the top edge of the puddle light on one side and push you will feel the clip release, move to the other side and it will come out in your hand. The clips are a little different on the new one. The lens (red area) is glued to the housing (some other puddle lights have you replace that, this is a complete replacement, but I will say the glue is minimal so handle gently). Squeeze the sides of the black plug and pull it out of the OEM light housing. Plug it into the new puddle light (only fits one way) and snap the light back into the door. Done.

IMG_0445.jpg
IMG_0444.jpg
IMG_0449.jpg
IMG_0447.jpg
IMG_0448.jpg
IMG_0455.jpg
$90 for all 4? Good deal

HelfFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag

IMG_0445.jpg
IMG_0444.jpg
IMG_0449.jpg
IMG_0447.jpg
IMG_0448.jpg
IMG_0455.jpg
My lights just came in too but my car is at the dealer getting the latest software update and new tires. Glad to have the instructions for when I get the car back. Thanks so much for sharing. Hope I find it as easy as you did.

HerrCooles

First Name
Herr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ice grey
Country flag
you don't need any tools either

Porsche Taycan Installed puddle lights “Taycan” befor

Porsche Taycan Installed puddle lights “Taycan” after

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I also purchased these from a Chinese website. Cost about $80 USD for all 4. Very easy to install, took 5 min tops. No idea how these compare to the OEM ones but for that amount of money I don't really care haha

Porsche Taycan Installed puddle lights “Taycan” PXL_20220414_035531958
Sponsored