kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I also purchased these from a Chinese website. Cost about $80 USD for all 4. Very easy to install, took 5 min tops. No idea how these compare to the OEM ones but for that amount of money I don't really care haha

PXL_20220414_035531958.jpg
I‘m just scared these could burn or something 🥲.

Drew Webb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
993 GT2, Tesla Model X, Maserati Quattroporte
Country flag
Just installed my PimpMyEv puddle lights. $90 shipped (if you order OEM from Suncoast they are $159 and ordered with the car is a $330 option). It does take some time to receive and you have to email him what you want as the Taycan/Porsche stuff is not on his website anymore.

If you can change your cell phone case and plug it in to charge, you can do this mod.

You do not need the interior tools (I had them for my Dashcam install), a plastic card will work. Insert it in the top edge of the puddle light on one side and push you will feel the clip release, move to the other side and it will come out in your hand. The clips are a little different on the new one. The lens (red area) is glued to the housing (some other puddle lights have you replace that, this is a complete replacement, but I will say the glue is minimal so handle gently). Squeeze the sides of the black plug and pull it out of the OEM light housing. Plug it into the new puddle light (only fits one way) and snap the light back into the door. Done.

IMG_0445.jpg
IMG_0444.jpg
IMG_0449.jpg
IMG_0447.jpg
IMG_0448.jpg
IMG_0455.jpg
]
Where did you get hi-resTaycan image file to upload for custom order?

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
Pimp my EV has it. Just do a custom order and tell them you want the word Taycan

X-ray

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Tesla Model Y LR, Mercedes GLS580
Country flag
Just installed my puddle lights this afternoon. Took all of 3 minutes to do both sides. Used a plastic trim tool to be safe. Light popped right out, unclip both sides of the wiring harness and install new light. I got mine from…https://www.addcarlights.com/product/porsche-logo-door-lights/

Model D, Style A. If you use “newuser15” it gives you 15% off so price drops from $56.99 to $48.45 and free shipping. Takes about 2-3 weeks for delivery. Looks great. Me gives 13/10 for coolness and value. Also adds 6 HP.

X

Porsche Taycan Installed puddle lights “Taycan” 49D69E1F-2EFE-4354-84FA-2283A5F3EBDF

Porsche Taycan Installed puddle lights “Taycan” 5087F3CF-FD52-4863-912A-49AA19C7EEF6

HelfFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Just installed my PimpMyEv puddle lights. $90 shipped (if you order OEM from Suncoast they are $159 and ordered with the car is a $330 option). It does take some time to receive and you have to email him what you want as the Taycan/Porsche stuff is not on his website anymore.

If you can change your cell phone case and plug it in to charge, you can do this mod.

You do not need the interior tools (I had them for my Dashcam install), a plastic card will work. Insert it in the top edge of the puddle light on one side and push you will feel the clip release, move to the other side and it will come out in your hand. The clips are a little different on the new one. The lens (red area) is glued to the housing (some other puddle lights have you replace that, this is a complete replacement, but I will say the glue is minimal so handle gently). Squeeze the sides of the black plug and pull it out of the OEM light housing. Plug it into the new puddle light (only fits one way) and snap the light back into the door. Done.

IMG_0445.jpg
IMG_0444.jpg
IMG_0449.jpg
IMG_0447.jpg
IMG_0448.jpg
IMG_0455.jpg
Another successful installation of the PimpMyEV custom puddle lamps. Followed these instructions from @PDACPA. Couldn't be easier and is so much better than Porsche's OEM lights. There is a little bit of light bleed around the lamp, but not significant at all.

Porsche Taycan Installed puddle lights “Taycan” IMG_5496.JPG

800v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I got some puddle lights from addcarlights too, they contacted me by email to confirm the right lights and they arrived in about 3 weeks. I used the instructions in this thread to install it (thanks!) -- it was indeed quite easy and the (quartz) lights look great, very sharp and a bit brighter than the standard lights.

Porsche Taycan Installed puddle lights “Taycan” puddle-light

outie

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, McLaren 720S Spider, Taycan GTS
Country flag
I also purchased these from a Chinese website. Cost about $80 USD for all 4. Very easy to install, took 5 min tops. No idea how these compare to the OEM ones but for that amount of money I don't really care haha

PXL_20220414_035531958.jpg
Did you have to adjust the ones for the rear doors? I installed mine but the rear ones didn’t project correctly, as the door panel is actually blocking some of the lights. The seller had me adjust the little disc inside the projector which seems to help.

YLA G

First Name
Yves
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Countryman, Tesla P3D - Order: Taycan ST
Country flag
I ordered them to on pimpmyEV. Shield logo in front and taycan logo in the back

1 week to Europe, comes from chine but the quality seems perfect. Install hopefully in November.

ChronoMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mamba Taycan CT
Country flag
just received them. Went to install them. Seems our car did not come with lights in that location, only a red plastic lens there. Wire harness and plug still present inside door. Plugged it in and no power. Guess the stock puddle lights have to be coded in the PCM somehow if not originally part of the build? How can we get 12v to the harness when the doors open?

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
Just installed my PimpMyEv puddle lights. $90 shipped (if you order OEM from Suncoast the

IMG_0445.jpg
IMG_0444.jpg
IMG_0449.jpg
IMG_0447.jpg
IMG_0448.jpg
IMG_0455.jpg
Thanks this was the instructor I needed
Porsche Taycan Installed puddle lights “Taycan” 1f44d-1f3fc

y are $159 and ordered with the car is a $330 option). It does take some time to receive and you have to email him what you want as the Taycan/Porsche stuff is not on his website anymore.

Porsche Taycan Installed puddle lights “Taycan” IMG_0445
Porsche Taycan Installed puddle lights “Taycan” IMG_0444
Porsche Taycan Installed puddle lights “Taycan” IMG_0449
Porsche Taycan Installed puddle lights “Taycan” IMG_0447
Porsche Taycan Installed puddle lights “Taycan” IMG_0448
Porsche Taycan Installed puddle lights “Taycan” IMG_0455
Thanks this was the instructor I needed

Thank you this was the instructions I needed

Last edited:

PCASSOO

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan
Country flag
Ok I've been thru all sorts of Puddle lights for my cars. The biggest problem with Puddle lights are the bulbs. If they duplicate the bulb that the Factory puts in it simple cooks the piece of film that has your logo.
I went thru 3 different sets of Puddle lights on my Scat Pack Charger. They were using a similar bulb that the Factory uses. Runs way too hot for the film with the logo on it.
What fixed it was I found a Company that uses LED Light bulb vrs the factory one. They usually call it the No Fade Puddle Lights. They basically will last forever because the LED'S do not get Hot like the Factory bulbs.
So keys words to look for are No Fade and Lifetime LED'S.
This is the ones I have in PCASSOO.
Good Luck

Porsche Taycan Installed puddle lights “Taycan” 20230102_055840

PCASSOO

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan
Country flag
Sorry my garage floor is treated and it make the Porsche look funky but it's just the reflection from the garage coating.
If anyone has any questions don't hesitate to ask me. I've been thru it all with every type of LED'S. 😁🥳