MaKin

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S (2019)
Country flag
Are there restrictions regarding the weight? E-MTBs are way heavier.
Sponsored

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I drove 450 miles today with an eMountain bike on my Taycan 4s, so will post some details for the drive in a separate thread.
Looking forward to it!
I'm thinking of bikes as well as a luggage compartment in case we do a camping trip.

jvannamen

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Purchased the Porsche fork bike mount with my Taycan and planning to install today. Does it come with a thru bolt to secure the fork down? Trying to find it in the instructions but haven’t found yet.

OP
OP
thecoloradokid

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan CT4s + 2023 Rivian R1T
Country flag
Purchased the Porsche fork bike mount with my Taycan and planning to install today. Does it come with a thru bolt to secure the fork down? Trying to find it in the instructions but haven’t found yet.

Jason:

I don't know the answer to that. I used a Thule bike carrier to carry my mt. bike on top of my Taycan. That Thule was thru bolt compatible so it does a good job of holding the bike in place via the front fork and strapping down the rear wheel.

landshark

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
I'm using a Thule crossbars (factory one is forever backorder) with the Yakima rack. Works great and easy to load/unload. No wheels off needed.

Porsche Taycan Installed roof rack and bike carrier to carry mountain bike - the big experiement ACS_0224.JPG

OP
OP
thecoloradokid

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan CT4s + 2023 Rivian R1T
Country flag

landshark

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
Gary, have you looked at this thread - https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...urismo-rear-bike-rack-group-buy.10374/page-11

Buying one of these custom bike racks to fit on the back of the vehicle will improve efficiency and range over putting the bike on top of the CT.
I’m in the 2nd batch group buy. ;) I’m giving it a try and see. Cos I bike weekly, but with the rear rack, it won’t fit inside the garage. Means I’ll have to assemble and disassemble the rack every time…. So I’m going to give it a try and see.

jvannamen

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Jason:

I don't know the answer to that. I used a Thule bike carrier to carry my mt. bike on top of my Taycan. That Thule was thru bolt compatible so it does a good job of holding the bike in place via the front fork and strapping down the rear wheel.
Thanks Colorado Kid and to all who responded as well. Admittedly, I’ve read the instructions a few times and I’m still trying to figure it out. I’ve had to take off both wheels and put the seats down and slide it in the trunk the two times I’ve needed to transport my bike which isn’t ideal. But I’ll figure it out soon enough or return it and go Thule.
Sponsored