Installing Mission E Wheels on base Taycan

Basebull7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Sorry for the redundant question but can Mission E wheels be installed on a base Taycan with aero turbo wheels?
Sponsored

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yes. You’ll just have little black rotors in view and everyone will make fun of you for it (kidding).

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
As others have said, yes - Porsche forcing you into the PSCB upgrade is just a way for them to make more money for people who want the Mission E wheels (probably the best looking OEM wheel option).

Usually larger brakes will dictate a need for a different / larger wheel to clear the caliper, but not the other way around. I ended up going aftermarket on my wheels, but if the Mission E was available without the brake upgrade, I probably would have optioned them

Raphie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s (21)
Country flag
So I could barely hear the guy
- did he lose range?
- was his 0-60 slower?

DRR

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S, 2021 Model Y Performance
Country flag
As others have said, yes - Porsche forcing you into the PSCB upgrade is just a way for them to make more money for people who want the Mission E wheels (probably the best looking OEM wheel option).

Usually larger brakes will dictate a need for a different / larger wheel to clear the caliper, but not the other way around. I ended up going aftermarket on my wheels, but if the Mission E was available without the brake upgrade, I probably would have optioned them
I put Mission E on my 4S and they are great. No noticeable range loss.
Porsche Taycan Installing Mission E Wheels on base Taycan 815B6445-E186-4604-8D5D-733C51AD8BC2

Raphie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s (21)
Country flag
Nice stance, is this stock or are u using spacers?

JRNJTAYCAN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan, 22 Q5, 95 F150 Flair Side
Country flag
I put them on my car, no range loss that I have noticed.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
I have a RWD ('21) and ordered mine with the Mission E's and the required PSCB brakes. I cannot see how the range would change as Porsche does not quote different ranges for the different wheel's (they do for the different battery). I get about 250 on a full charge guess-o-meter and drive it like a Porsche in Sport Plus 100% of the time.

Just remember the OEM wheels are 21 inch and some of the aftermarket Mission E's are smaller which will impact the look as the sidewall will be taller than the OEM and/or the wheel well will not fill the wheel well gap.

Here is mine stock (well had my tint and PPF done before ) on delivery day to see what it looks like and my car has the air suspension so this is in the low setting.
Porsche Taycan Installing Mission E Wheels on base Taycan TaycanPorsche

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
Geez! I must be missing out haha
So many people on the FB Taycan group complain about range (not getting enough, why is it so low, etc) and stuff and post that they drive in range mode trying to get the max. Its a Porsche drive it like one. You want range, get a Bolt or Leaf LOL! That is why I made the comment. I will use range mode if I end up low on energy and need to make it to a charger. Otherwise, I spin the dial on the steering wheel the second I get in! :)

JRNJTAYCAN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan, 22 Q5, 95 F150 Flair Side
Country flag
So many people on the FB Taycan group complain about range (not getting enough, why is it so low, etc) and stuff and post that they drive in range mode trying to get the max. Its a Porsche drive it like one. You want range, get a Bolt or Leaf LOL! That is why I made the comment. I will use range mode if I end up low on energy and need to make it to a charger. Otherwise, I spin the dial on the steering wheel the second I get in! :)
I use range mode sometimes on the highway because I like when the spoiler pops up.

driver69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S 2021
Country flag
I use range mode sometimes on the highway because I like when the spoiler pops up.
No matter how hard I try I can’t see the damn thing from inside the vehicle! Do I need to go faster than 160kmh/100mph? I know it pops up at 89kmh but very slightly.

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
there is a FB Taycan group? I hope I dont land on THAT by accident. That's all I need....
Sponsored