Installing Taycan electric sport sound after purchase?

Storytime33

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan turbo
Country flag
Just purchased a used 2020 Taycan Turbo. The vehicle DID NOT have the “electric sport sound” option. Anyone knowledgeable on how to upgrade (already saw the suncoastparts.com option, but this is not the same as the factory option. Requires internal/external speaker installation).
*Anyone able to upgrade their Taycan with that option after purchasing?*
Sponsored

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
It is definitely possible - there's a TSB and everything for retrofitting it. I don't know what it will cost in labor though, that's a question for your dealership.

It's a great option and an unexpected delight.

obscurelyfamous

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Chalk Taycan 4S
Country flag
Just purchased a used 2020 Taycan Turbo. The vehicle DID NOT have the “electric sport sound” option. Anyone knowledgeable on how to upgrade (already saw the suncoastparts.com option, but this is not the same as the factory option. Requires internal/external speaker installation).
Looks to be the same and you’ll need it activated at the dealer.

Yeah it’s a speaker. Where else would the sound come from?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
You're not missing much (it gets tedious after a while) but is an expensive retrofit.

Porsche Tequipment offer it at - £1554 ($2154) - https://tequipment-finder.porsche.c...c=product&pr=3F266F0A7FEB86DCC1258568003CC547

im85288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
You're not missing much (it gets tedious after a while) but is an expensive retrofit.
This is exactly how I felt on a 30 minute test drive, was fun (ish) for a couple of minutes but turned it off after that as it was fairly irritating. I think it’s kind of like fart mode on a Tesla, show it off to friends etc then never bother with it again. Personally I’ll not be speccing it.

hkarthik

First Name
Karthik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S White
Country flag
It's a novelty and something unique about the car, but I don't think it's worth the cost and labor to add it to a car that doesn't come with it.

If it's a DIY project in a few years that you want to tackle on your own when the car is out of warranty, then that might be fun. But I definitely wouldn't pay a dealer to install it.
Sponsored