Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I have the "Map" selected for my center gage in my instrument cluster. Tire pressure on the left, Media on the right.

I CANNOT get the Map to startup consistently with 'North Up' selection no matter what I do. I deselect "3D" and select "North Up" and driving the car it is fine. Maybe half the time, it stays that way when I return to the car. Half the time it goes back to "3D" and points in the direction of travel, not "North Up". I then have to reset the center gage, and am doing this at least once a day. What a pain. Anyone have the same problem and/or suggestions?
:mad:
Sponsored

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Experiencing the same problem in 3D or standard map. (cluster) I have found that NORTH UP setting sometimes will stay if I power down the car and come back in a short time period. This works ~50% of the time.

I hate having to click thumbwheel EVERYTIME I start the car to select NORTH UP. Other settings stay the same. It's annoying!

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
I have the "Map" selected for my center gage in my instrument cluster. Tire pressure on the left, Media on the right.

I CANNOT get the Map to startup consistently with 'North Up' selection no matter what I do. I deselect "3D" and select "North Up" and driving the car it is fine. Maybe half the time, it stays that way when I return to the car. Half the time it goes back to "3D" and points in the direction of travel, not "North Up". I then have to reset the center gage, and am doing this at least once a day. What a pain. Anyone have the same problem and/or suggestions?
:mad:
In addition to north not staying up, I prefer the satellite view over the plain map that seems to be the default and regardless of me changing it to satellite view it always reverts to map view.
just another software flaw.
who did do the software checks for QC for porsche? whomever it was should be professionally drawn and quartered

OP
OP
Vim Schrotnock

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
In addition to north not staying up, I prefer the satellite view over the plain map that seems to be the default and regardless of me changing it to satellite view it always reverts to map view.
just another software flaw.
who did do the software checks for QC for porsche? whomever it was should be professionally drawn and quartered
STILL having this problem. It appears to be completely random, but once a week or so I have to reset my map settings to get 'north up' and 'satellite view'. Somebody should be flogged about the head and shoulders...:punch:
Sponsored