Insurance (US) - What company did you use and pricing

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
Never having owned a new Porsche or an electric vehicle, what insurance company did you choose for your taycan and do you have a preference, seems not all Insurances like to insure expensive electric cars. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
Country flag
I've been with Progressive for a very, very long time. Never any issues. No idea what they'll charge me for the Taycan. I'll add it to my plan once during delivery.
Go with a company you trust and like. The prices are going to vary widely person to person. Each situation is unique.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
I've been with Progressive for a very, very long time. Never any issues. No idea what they'll charge me for the Taycan. I'll add it to my plan once during delivery.
Go with a company you trust and like. The prices are going to vary widely person to person. Each situation is unique.
I have auto coverage with Amica. I was surprised to find out that the premium on the Taycan 4S was less than my Maserati Levante S SUV.

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I got a quote for a Taycan Turbo S since my agent needed a VIN. It is $3200 annually with SAFECO, $1000 deductible collision. That is a $206K car. My Spyder and Cayenne are about $1K each but are not new cars anymore.

GreggT

First Name
GreggT
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drivingfanatic.com
Vehicles
Multiple Porsches and Mercedes AMG
Country flag
Best advice is to shop........the cost varies wildly by state, by driving record, by coverage....i.e. does your state require 'Uninsured/under insured coverage', etc. And.....throw in that some companies to not even have Taycan in their tables yet.....so your quote might say....Brand: Porsche, Model: Other.
I've seen 4S coverage range from $906. to $2700. a year.

domin1720

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 macan gts
Country flag
Never having owned a new Porsche or an electric vehicle, what insurance company did you choose for your taycan and do you have a preference, seems not all Insurances like to insure expensive electric cars. Thanks in advance.
My Taycan Turbo after I was done having fun with options was about $190k. I pay $186 a month, $2,232 a year. I thought that was pretty good.
State Farm.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
As others have said there are many factors. When I lived in Denver my insurance more than doubled from Connecticut because of the high risk of hail damage in Denver. The premium for my Taycan 4S in Georgia is about $1400 per a year with Amica. I have a $2500 deductible which I decided to do years ago since I never filed claims for anything less which would result in increases in my premiums.

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
About 960.00 per year. I get a multi car discount though.

TC Fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I am currently being quoted $1,873.20 through Nationwide Private Client. However, Porsche also provides insurance, and their quote (which is miles based), is quoting me $1,040.30.

The NPC quote is based on the car not having an alarm. I assume an alarm system is standard with a $140K+ car. Does anyone know?

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I stand corrected, my premium came in at 1924.00 for the Taycan per year. Some of my other cars went down so the effective added premium was about 960.00 in TOTAL.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I am currently being quoted $1,873.20 through Nationwide Private Client. However, Porsche also provides insurance, and their quote (which is miles based), is quoting me $1,040.30.

The NPC quote is based on the car not having an alarm. I assume an alarm system is standard with a $140K+ car. Does anyone know?
Yes the Taycan has an alarm. In addition make sure they factor in other safety features like active braking. My carrier also gave a discount because of the active headlights.