william_j_p

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
I just got the ANA6 software update and logged into Spotify through the new integrated app in PCM. I see my music, playlists, albums, etc. but when I go to play something I just get "Loading Data" with the spinning wheel for minutes. Music never plays. I called Porsche Connect Support and they told me that the wifi hotspot service is required for Spotify. Is that correct? Is anyone using the integrated Spotify app without subscribing to the wifi hotspot service?
Sponsored

JustWatching

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (April '22)
Country flag
You do NOT need the wifi hotspot service to get Spotify.

Try the usual stuff, logout and log back in to Sportify, reset PCM, etc...should work

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I just got the ANA6 software update and logged into Spotify through the new integrated app in PCM. I see my music, playlists, albums, etc. but when I go to play something I just get "Loading Data" with the spinning wheel for minutes. Music never plays. I called Porsche Connect Support and they told me that the wifi hotspot service is required for Spotify. Is that correct? Is anyone using the integrated Spotify app without subscribing to the wifi hotspot service?
Nonesense. You do however need a Spotify Premium account. Streaming of data is via the in built-in data service (same for Apple Music) and therefore independent of your phone and WiFi hotspot nonsense.

Could be a registration issue and may resolve itself over the next day or so.

NormF

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, 911 Targa 4S, MachE
Country flag
I just linked my Spotify (premium) account to my Taycan. The dealer told me that it can take up to a week for the link to be activated.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I just linked my Spotify (premium) account to my Taycan. The dealer told me that it can take up to a week for the link to be activated.
Must be 'manumatic' requiring manual intervention for whatever reason.

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
Seems unlikely, I'm my BMWs I scan the QR code and it instantly links and works

NormF

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, 911 Targa 4S, MachE
Country flag
Seems unlikely, I'm my BMWs I scan the QR code and it instantly links and works
I agree. I am going to logout, and back in. The app shows it as linked at the server level. Somehow the car doesn’t know that.
Sponsored