Interest in a receiver hitch for ST, Sedan and CT?

What rear hitch option would you be interested in?

• Total voters

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
Calling for interest in a receiver hitch option or another run of the custom bars. I’ve received some more interest in the bike rack recently but wanted to present some other options.

I had a successful couple of production runs using the custom bars I made but they are only compatible with the rear rack mount option on CT variant. I’m curious if there is any more interest in that or having a standard hitch receiver made. A third option would be only compatible with CT but would allow the use of standard 2” hitch accessories.

Through my previous group buys, my wife made some contacts with a motorcycle chassis factory that would be interested in making a hitch receiver for us. I’ve called and emailed around to existing hitch companies and none have any plans or expressed interest in making an option for Taycan unfortunately. If we went down this route, the design would replace the existing bumper reinforcement bar and a cut out would be necessary behind the license plate (hitch would be completely hidden when not in use). The license plate would then be relocated when the hitch is in use. There is a slight disadvantage, in that the hitch height would be a few inches higher than desired since the diffuser and bumper design limits how low the hitch can be located without adding extra complication or cutouts in the diffuser itself. Bikes and such will sit high above the roof line. This can be mitigated with a hitch adapter to lower the hitch height but this also increases the over hang off the back. Installation is more involved with this option since the bumper and rebar needs to be removed but this is standard for any hitch installation. The Taycan is no more complex than any other car.

The second option would be another production run of the custom bars I did for this forum but this only works for CT with rear rack option (standard equipment on all US CTs and optional on European CT). Participants then modified the bars for carrying cargo boxes too. More details here.
Porsche Taycan Interest in a receiver hitch for ST, Sedan and CT? 455D7B2E-C886-40DE-8A7B-E4CFAB078B76

A third option has been made by a couple forum members which is also CT specific but adapts a 2” receiver to the rear rack mounts. Pic is from @MarkSCville but original concept from @David4Cross here. I would make some design changes but general concept the same.
Porsche Taycan Interest in a receiver hitch for ST, Sedan and CT? B1C453C9-5957-485E-9190-5544169307DB

Pinballplanet

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Panamera ST eHybrid, 1983 928 S - 5 speed
Country flag
Calling for interest in a receiver hitch option or another run of the custom bars. I’ve received some more interest in the bike rack recently but wanted to present some other options.

I had a successful couple of production runs using the custom bars I made but they are only compatible with the rear rack mount option on CT variant. I’m curious if there is any more interest in that or having a standard hitch receiver made. A third option would be only compatible with CT but would allow the use of standard 2” hitch accessories.

Through my previous group buys, my wife made some contacts with a motorcycle chassis factory that would be interested in making a hitch receiver for us. I’ve called and emailed around to existing hitch companies and none have any plans or expressed interest in making an option for Taycan unfortunately. If we went down this route, the design would replace the existing bumper reinforcement bar and a cut out would be necessary behind the license plate (hitch would be completely hidden when not in use). The license plate would then be relocated when the hitch is in use. There is a slight disadvantage, in that the hitch height would be a few inches higher than desired since the diffuser and bumper design limits how low the hitch can be located without adding extra complication or cutouts in the diffuser itself. Bikes and such will sit high above the roof line. This can be mitigated with a hitch adapter to lower the hitch height but this also increases the over hang off the back. Installation is more involved with this option since the bumper and rebar needs to be removed but this is standard for any hitch installation. The Taycan is no more complex than any other car.

The second option would be another production run of the custom bars I did for this forum but this only works for CT with rear rack option (standard equipment on all US CTs and optional on European CT). Participants then modified the bars for carrying cargo boxes too. More details here.
455D7B2E-C886-40DE-8A7B-E4CFAB078B76.jpeg

A third option has been made by a couple forum members which is also CT specific but adapts a 2” receiver to the rear rack mounts. Pic is from @MarkSCville but original concept from @David4Cross here. I would make some design changes but general concept the same.
B1C453C9-5957-485E-9190-5544169307DB.jpeg
My vote is in, but honestly, I’d probably take any of these options.

cccmanhattan

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan CT4S
Country flag
I had written previously about bars, but this receiver hitch is actually more what I'm after. Didyou get any interest in making these?

OP
OP
bsclywilly

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
I had written previously about bars, but this receiver hitch is actually more what I'm after. Didyou get any interest in making these?
I was expecting more interest based on previous demand of the bike rack I had made. Not sure if it's because it's winter now so people aren't thinking about it. If there's interest, I'd be glad to take it on.

On the other hand the CT bars are ready to go.

Pinballplanet

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Panamera ST eHybrid, 1983 928 S - 5 speed
Country flag
I was expecting more interest based on previous demand of the bike rack I had made. Not sure if it's because it's winter now so people aren't thinking about it. If there's interest, I'd be glad to take it on.

I’d be in on a hitch receiver too. :)

Poshfpg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S ID3
Country flag

I would be interested in the tow hitch adapter as currently my ID3 is the only way to carry bikes and that can do 4 on my Thule. Are you planning to make it available in Europe?

Only other question is whether you can get an extension cable for the lights?

keep us posted please

mikezhang31

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
New CT owner and avid mountain biker here. Hoping to cast my vote and to see if anyone is looking to sell their willy bars?

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
New CT owner and avid mountain biker here. Hoping to cast my vote and to see if anyone is looking to sell their willy bars?
I’m pretty sure that someone post in the classifieds section about selling their car and the bars separately. You should check and see.

mikezhang31

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I found it, thank you! Local-ish to me too!
Sponsored