Interested in an unofficial Apple Watch app?

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
I now seem to be amongst those that have lost connection - I was logged out somehow and now using the same and correct Porsche Login credentials I cannot login - had no prior issues with multiple updates until v16. Says Porsche login credentials are incorrect which is incorrect!! Will see if I can figure it out tomorrow as too tired to deal with right now!
Well - scratch that! Literally walking away from laptop and tried one last time logging in from watch which worked this time and then reselected the complication and all good! @featherless working in mysterious ways :)!
Sponsored

Reactions: B61

pauloamore

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan C4SCT
Country flag
Rc 16 allows you to toggle the password visibility. Can you enable that and confirm the password is as expected? Assuming it is, I might need to get some more logging info from you to figure out the issue.
Yup. I noticed that new functionality. And double checked. Definitely the same username and password as I use in the My Porsche website.

infrrequently lock my account out when I trya new RC. Thank you for your reply.

OP
OP
featherless

featherless

Threads
Reaction score
Website
electricsidecar.app
Vehicles
Volcano Gray Taycan 2022
Country flag
Still digging into the random auth issues. Turns out there was a bug where the app would seem to "log in" even though auth had failed, which I suspect is at least in some part responsible for the odd behavior we've all been seeing.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Still digging into the random auth issues. Turns out there was a bug where the app would seem to "log in" even though auth had failed, which I suspect is at least in some part responsible for the odd behavior we've all been seeing.
Hey - happened again this AM - using app on phone was asked to authenticate via watch as ‘already logged in’ but after doing so the two complications (charge and range) are greyed out and not reporting current values.
If I go into the app on either watch or phone it shows correct current charge - so possibly more going on than authentication - some sort of handshake issue - no idea!
And again have had zero issues prior to v16-18.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Same here.
Opened on iphone…asked to authenticate on watch…
App on watch works fine; if i want to login on phone, i’m getting error (wrong password) even if i’m 100% sure that i used the right one (i selected show password).

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Another odd behavior is when watch off wrist and I enter my Apple pin the complications flash green but indicate 100% charge/range - BUT once Watch logged in, both complications immediately return to greyed out status with no readings! Again I am correctly logged into to the sidecar app ….

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
OK - did the very latest update (as of a few minutes ago) and looks like success - everything back to normal re complications and login - thx @featherless for great response times!

It is telling that when I do not have this on my watch I immediately miss it :)!

OP
OP
featherless

featherless

Threads
Reaction score
Website
electricsidecar.app
Vehicles
Volcano Gray Taycan 2022
Country flag
RC18 just went out with a _lot_ of authentication flow improvements.

I'm still seeing some sporadic 403 errors that punt to the login screen, but they seem to be intermittent so I expect that I can add retry handling that will gracefully handle those.

Overall, RC18's auth flow and stability should be much improved. Apologies for the outages on the rc14-16 releases gang!

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Porsche really needs to just pay the man and lock in this app as their default Watch App - would really bug me to lose this functionality at this point having gotten so used to having it.

If we ever get to be allowed (by Porsche!) to unlock our cars via the app with a tap of our watches it will truly then be indispensable imo!

Huge Dibs to @featherless for all his coding mastery and for making this (unbelievably) a free app!

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Unfortunatelly, I’m having a peoblem with rc19.
It works fine on iphone and ipad, but it doesn’t go on iwatch….just running “installing” for hour(s).
If i cancel, unistalling is running ….

Should i delete app and install from Testfight again from the scratch?

edit: yes, delete & install from Testflight do the job. Everything is ok now.

Last edited:

pauloamore

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan C4SCT
Country flag
Featherless…. Solved it!

I changed my password which was a random 7 character password to a longer iOS suggested one.

Logged back in. And it worked!

OP
OP
featherless

featherless

Threads
Reaction score
Website
electricsidecar.app
Vehicles
Volcano Gray Taycan 2022
Country flag
Thank you for the kind words all! I'm trying out a dedicated board for gathering feature requests / bugs and things over at https://electric-sidecar.rapidr.io/contribute/. If there's anything you'd like to see in the app, please submit it there and/or upvote existing requests.

Looking forward to WWDC this week! Will be paying close attention to the various new complications/widgets features for the watch and phone :)
Sponsored