Interesting info on the potential Audi RS6 EV

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Note the comparisons to the “old” J1 platform that we are currently riding on…

I dont need the extra power but I will take extra range and interior space any day with the new platform in a Porsche product.

Sponsored

Fall7St8nd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Note the comparisons to the “old” J1 platform that we are currently riding on…

I dont need the extra power but I will take extra range and interior space any day with the new platform in a Porsche product.

I can imagine the new platform will primarily focus on increased efficiency and increased battery capacity without at least losing existing interior space of the J1. More interior space would be nice!

Will this chassis also enable a tri-motor design to keep up with the performance battles of Tesla and other EV manufacturers on the Nurburgring? To your comment, I'm not as interested in this, but would be fun to watch.

Based on that one slide presented in the video, the new platform looks to enable broader segment / lower price opportunities, while also unlocking slightly more upside than those of us on the existing J1 platform. For example, surely they have to reach the 300mi real world range mark in an upcoming Taycan revision, in order to keep up with Tesla, Lucid, Mercedes, etc., no?

Raphie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s (21)
Country flag
So next year Taycan MOPF, which is headlights and some line changes, stretching it’s lifespan for 1 or 2 years.
then the new platform in 24/25? Perfect for backorder, drive new platform Taycan in ‘26?

OP
OP
RAHRCR

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
I can imagine the new platform will primarily focus on increased efficiency and increased battery capacity without at least losing existing interior space of the J1. More interior space would be nice!

Will this chassis also enable a tri-motor design to keep up with the performance battles of Tesla and other EV manufacturers on the Nurburgring? To your comment, I'm not as interested in this, but would be fun to watch.

Based on that one slide presented in the video, the new platform looks to enable broader segment / lower price opportunities, while also unlocking slightly more upside than those of us on the existing J1 platform. For example, surely they have to reach the 300mi real world range mark in an upcoming Taycan revision, in order to keep up with Tesla, Lucid, Mercedes, etc., no?
There are web rumors that Porsche is working a tri-motor. I am sure it would be insane but I dont have a use case for it. The range increase is something I would spend $ for….even though the current range works for me.…psychological I guess.

I still dont understand why the current Taycan doesnt get more range. It’s c/d is good, the weight is about average for an EV and it has a 2-speed gearbox. Feels like we should already be at 300+?

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
This will be on the PPE platform. Same as the Macan EV

The beauty of the J1 is it's purpose built. PPE will be for SUVs and everything in between.

Fall7St8nd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S
Country flag
So next year Taycan MOPF, which is headlights and some line changes, stretching it’s lifespan for 1 or 2 years.
then the new platform in 24/25? Perfect for backorder, drive new platform Taycan in ‘26?
Certainly a reasonable plan. If it were to follow a similar release path of the 991.1, 991.2 and 992... it'd be more like 9J1.1 ('19-'23), 9J1.2 ('24-'26) and 9XX on PPE in '27? Fun to speculate!

Fall7St8nd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S
Country flag
There are web rumors that Porsche is working a tri-motor. I am sure it would be insane but I dont have a use case for it. The range increase is something I would spend $ for….even though the current range works for me.…psychological I guess.

I still dont understand why the current Taycan doesnt get more range. It’s c/d is good, the weight is about average for an EV and it has a 2-speed gearbox. Feels like we should already be at 300+?
You're right on Taycan performance efficiency. From what I've read, in real world range testing (e.g., 70mph highway test), the Taycan is just as efficient as others (e.g., max ~270-280 miles). It seems like one of the only things left to do with current model is release just a bit more of the (conservative?) battery reserve for ~10-15 miles more range.

For a future model, increasing battery pack size to >= 100 kWh while maintaining efficiency seems to be the only way to get over 300+ real world range.