First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
this will be great for Laguna Seca if they are more than 50 kW…and reliable

@bsclywilly this will be great in May when Laguna Seca re-opens - I wonder if these were online Monday…

Porsche Taycan Interesting - Monterey Porsche has Fast Chargers tempImagehYp3mI
Sponsored

OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
very stealth install - not even sure if they are functional - not yet listed on plug share - I've added the entry - I marked them as "restricted" because I don't know if they can be used by non-Porsche vehicles…

but will test out in the next week or so…and report facts/data.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
My Porsche dealerships here have those. THey are very fast, but require card activation by the service desk.

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
Oh, awesome! This would be great on weekends too as my biggest fear is that the 2/4 working chargers in Salinas or Pacific Grove are occupied...

If I had known on Monday, I think I probably could have made all 5 sessions. Would have been interesting.

slothinker

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 (now sold), Toyota MR2, BMW 328i (now sold)
Country flag
Oh, awesome! This would be great on weekends too as my biggest fear is that the 2/4 working chargers in Salinas or Pacific Grove are occupied...

If I had known on Monday, I think I probably could have made all 5 sessions. Would have been interesting.
Been in PG on a Saturday night when 1 of 5 EA (the 50Kw) was operational. Porsche is opening an outlet in San Luis Obispo. From the looks of it, chargers will be front and center.

OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
so I stopped by today and learned a few things
  • they are 350 kW chargers - but limited capacity - they can only deliver that rate until the batteries are empty - because the "raw grid feed" is not that big…batteries are required to supplement the raw-power-feed from the power grid.
  • the dealership guy (David) that I was talking to doesn't know what "raw" rate of charge is when the batteries are depleted
  • they can handle 2-4 Taycans/day at full charge rate before the batteries are "empty" and need to charge overnight during off peak commercial billing rates
  • they have been in for about 2 months
  • they are not "road trip" worthy
  • dealership wants to use them only for vehicle service and new car delivery
  • not a general purpose charging stop
  • they will remain on "lock down" charging with permission only
  • they are not 7/24 because you'll need someone from the dealership to activate them
  • they cost more $500,000 to install
and they do not work that often and they are having a lot of problems keeping them "online" - they could not charge my Taycan today and they had been working all day to get them back online - to date the dealership said they have not been that reliable and are down quite a bit.

the nice guy I was talking to does not know where Porsche is sourcing the charging hardware from or if they designed it themselves or outsourced it.

but I was unable to try the chargers out due to reliability issues - they had no idea when they will be working again.

Porsche Taycan Interesting - Monterey Porsche has Fast Chargers 7b773958503c9df2342b641435244bf7-sticker

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
When my SA called me with ‘exciting news!’ To tell me about them and invited me to come down and try them out, I thought a) why? I live five minutes away and I charge at home, and b) I bet I have to go into the dealership to turn them on every time…

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
These stations are very common here in Europe – we just need to tap our Porsche Charging Service RFID card (or use Plug&Charge) to get them started.

Here was me using one in Luxembourg recently:

Porsche Taycan Interesting - Monterey Porsche has Fast Chargers IMG_2326

Porsche Taycan Interesting - Monterey Porsche has Fast Chargers IMG_2325

the nice guy I was talking to does not know where Porsche is sourcing the charging hardware from or if they designed it themselves or outsourced it.
There were designed by Porsche Engineering.

Source: https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/202...werful-rapid-charging-park-leipzig-19995.html

And are manufactured – and re-sold – by a German company called "ads-tec Energy GmbH".

Source: https://adstec-energy.com/products-solutions/

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag