Interesting way to display your front license plate in CA - using wrap

ThePaddyWan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Polestar 2, Maverick
Country flag
Still looks pretty ugly and probably annoying to deal with if you PPF the front.

I rather just avoid parking in cities that will ticket you. CA Highway Patrol usually doesn't pull you over for missing a front plate, only if you happen to be pulled over otherwise and acting a fool. Over 20+ years of driving I've only had issues about the front plate when street parked in Santa Monica, where they'll actually write you ticket for it.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
What do you guys think of it? No drilling needed. I'm not sure I'm sold on the looks either.

http://tracking.tenpubs.com/t?r=403...081D5F5&&wc_mid=4035:23051&wc_rid=4035:895482
Actually got one made (from I think a Canadian company - can get name if anyone interested) which is a replica of my blacked out personalized plate for when traveling through states that require it - have luckily never needed one in TX in 30 yrs! Not technically legal outside CA but hoping I can claim ignorance if stopped :)!

X88

First Name
Zain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Actually got one made (from I think a Canadian company - can get name if anyone interested) which is a replica of my blacked out personalized plate for when traveling through states that require it - have luckily never needed one in TX in 30 yrs! Not technically legal outside CA but hoping I can claim ignorance if stopped :)!
ciaranob I'd be interested in the company, thanks. I'm been in TX too (18 years) but haven't had as much luck as you ... about 5 years ago I got a ticket while driving from Houston to Dallas for not having front plates on my Panamera GTS. As soon as I got home I bought a Platypus tow hook mounted plate holder from CravenSpeed!

_Brian_

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boxster GTS 4.0, Audi S5 & Taycan 4s (sold)
Country flag
ciaranob I'd be interested in the company, thanks. I'm been in TX too (18 years) but haven't had as much luck as you ... about 5 years ago I got a ticket while driving from Houston to Dallas for not having front plates on my Panamera GTS. As soon as I got home I bought a Platypus tow hook mounted plate holder from CravenSpeed!
You may want to consider the affect of a decal on the paint color over time. I have seen several examples of people who removed decals/bumper stickers and the paint below the decal remained its original color vs the paint exposed to the sun had faded. Your tow hook mount might be a better long term solution.

X88

First Name
Zain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
You may want to consider the affect of a decal on the paint color over time. I have seen several examples of people who removed decals/bumper stickers and the paint below the decal remained its original color vs the paint exposed to the sun had faded. Your tow hook mount might be a better long term solution.
_Brian_ thanks, that's a good point ... I'll keep it in mind

Fairfaxphil

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I found this solution. It works. wanted plate holder that has EZ pass plate, but removeable and not damage the car. it is held by two rods that are screwed through existing holes on the underbody. on amazon .. Have not hit the payment over a bump but only use it when i need EZ pass
STO N SHO Front License Plate Bracket for 2020 Porsche Taycan

O
Porsche Taycan Interesting way to display your front license  plate in CA - using wrap 1653328718110

artdept

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
t -model 3, Dodge Coin Style Model Y, white taycan
Country flag
85.00 for sticker is a little crazy. but hell some people lauged at me when i bout a car for 150K.
oh well your local sign / banner shop would probably make one of these for you for $20.00. something seems off with this site. "https://licenseplatewrap.com" they are not saying 100% that they are approved/ affiliated with the dmv. but they are not saying they are not either. its very quazy. From what i gather they want you to ebive that they are doing something special or legit that they only can do. But they are not saying they have a license or hard rights to do it? If i make one for a friend with my professional equipment ( including reflective material) will i be fined or arrested?

Last edited:

StuM

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991.2 911 Turbo S, Evora GT
Country flag
Just another lib state money grab. Much like Ca’s electronic plates. Anything for a buck!

paladin732

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Lucid
Country flag
Just another lib state money grab. Much like Ca’s electronic plates. Anything for a buck!
I don’t see a need to bring politics into this. The state being liberal or conservative has very little if anything to do with the plate laws.

For whatever reason, CA has required front plates for quite a long time now. I personally have ignored that and not had a front plate for over 5 years now and not had a single issue.

StuM

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991.2 911 Turbo S, Evora GT
Country flag
I don’t see a need to bring politics into this. The state being liberal or conservative has very little if anything to do with the plate laws.

For whatever reason, CA has required front plates for quite a long time now. I personally have ignored that and not had a front plate for over 5 years now and not had a single issue.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Sponsored