Taycan interior comparison photos?

ives

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 4 Gran Coupe, Taycan 4S on order
Country flag
Hi all,

since the configurator doesn't really do justice to the interior materials, I was wondering if any of you have some real life photo's of the Taycan interiors. I'm especially interested in how the basic version compares to the full leather option and the race tex.
Sponsored

DaggieBe

Threads
Reaction score
Website
unrestricted.eu
Vehicles
This and that
Country flag
I love the no-leather seats, but the dashboard is terrible. I took a close-up of it:

Porsche Taycan Taycan interior comparison photos? 1579982511448

I saw it at a car show (and I'm aware these cars get trashed by visitors ..) but the seats also seem to wear out quick. I do like the looks of the seats, but the wear + dashboard are a big no for me.

The leather option (with leather dashboard) is my favorite:
Porsche Taycan Taycan interior comparison photos? 1579982673544

The full leather (I believe) has the same dashboard, but also leather covering the doors. Probably nice, but too expensive for my likeing. I don't have a picture of it, but if you look at the doors in de configurator you'll see the differences.

Taycan2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Vogue SE & Mercedes S-Class
Country flag
Hello, can you confirm if that first photo is the standard interior on the 4S?

I am trying to figure out if the standard interior 'Standard Interior / Partial leather or Leather Seats' as it is called on configurator (UK) or if upgrading to the 'Leather Interior / Leather Seats' is a must have.

From what I can tell your first photo shows the standard interior with the non leather dashboard. Meanwhile the leather interior upgrade (£2,538.00) will get the second photo's dashboard in leather.

Seems to me this may be a 'must have' upgrade as we spend most of our time inside the car... but would like to hear your thoughts.

I love the no-leather seats, but the dashboard is terrible. I took a close-up of it:

1579982511448.png

I saw it at a car show (and I'm aware these cars get trashed by visitors ..) but the seats also seem to wear out quick. I do like the looks of the seats, but the wear + dashboard are a big no for me.

1579982673544.png

The full leather (I believe) has the same dashboard, but also leather covering the doors. Probably nice, but too expensive for my likeing. I don't have a picture of it, but if you look at the doors in de configurator you'll see the differences.

Woodie4s

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
996 C4S bmw i3
Country flag
Hello, can you confirm if that first photo is the standard interior on the 4S?

I am trying to figure out if the standard interior 'Standard Interior / Partial leather or Leather Seats' as it is called on configurator (UK) or if upgrading to the 'Leather Interior / Leather Seats' is a must have.

From what I can tell your first photo shows the standard interior with the non leather dashboard. Meanwhile the leather interior upgrade (£2,538.00) will get the second photo's dashboard in leather.

Seems to me this may be a 'must have' upgrade as we spend most of our time inside the car... but would like to hear your thoughts.
I have spent a while looking at the interior options, and deciding if the full leather is worth it.

The standard interior looks ok, with textured soft door tops and dashboard . The seat facing material is an improvement on the older Porsche material and looks harder wearing.

However , the quality of leather, extra coverage, longer lasting seat before wear and easier clean meant I opted for the full leather . Not cheap , but as you say it’s where I’ll spend most of my time ! And I love the red contrast style .

Standard is definitely not “low rent” though

Aurél

First Name
Aurél
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
Hello,
Has anyone seen a trüffle brown interior?

Aurél

First Name
Aurél
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
Me too, but I haven't seen a picture of it yet

Aurél

First Name
Aurél
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
The configurator won't give it back, I think it will be darker

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag

Perfect, it looks great since this will be strong lighting so definitely darker than this in normal light but also enough yellows and deep browns in there to make a really nice brown! happy I choose it.

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
Lots of good interior pictures of the standard 4S partial leather in the Edmunds review here. For the full leather there are lots of pictures from owners and previous reviews.

I think I can live with it. I wish there were some real pictures of the limestone beige interior - the configurator colors are horrendous. Will see when my dealer reopens, a very liught beige may go well with my gentian blue

iten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
Anyone here has a photo of a 8 way standard seat with partial leather? I was told by my dealer that the leather on a 8 way is rougher than the used on a 14/18. Thanks!

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Full leather is a must for resale according to my dealer. I took it anyway as could not live with the cheap look of the no leather option!

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Full leather is a must for resale according to my dealer. I took it anyway as could not live with the cheap look of the no leather option!
Leather objectively makes next to no difference on resale of a Porsche, that's just an old upsell technique. You're going to get somewhere between 0% to 35% of it's cost on resale, period.

The standard interior in the Taycan is really quite nice, it's a big upgrade from the standard interiors Porsche has used before. It's nice enough that if you're just going black leather it's probably better to spend the money elsewhere.

With that said, the two tone leather options are stunning and if you're interested in one of those it's well worth the money.
Sponsored