Internet Radio Stations

Alemany

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
McLaren 600LT, Nissan GTR, Tesla P100D, MiniCooper Cooper limited edition, Taycan Turbo S (ordered), Giulia Quadrafoglio
Country flag
I moved from Tesla to Taycan Turbo S. Great move. But... on my Tesla I had a ton of internet radio stations that I liked, and I can’t find over half of them on the Taycan even tho on my computer at home i can find them all. Anyone knows if it’s my car or the Taycan internet radio sucks in general....? (Not talking about XM, talking internet online radio)
Sponsored

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
I moved from Tesla to Taycan Turbo S. Great move. But... on my Tesla I had a ton of internet radio stations that I liked, and I can’t find over half of them on the Taycan even tho on my computer at home i can find them all. Anyone knows if it’s my car or the Taycan internet radio sucks in general....? (Not talking about XM, talking internet online radio)
you will not get all of what you could on the tesla system but you can get many things by looking around the net. I was always using spotify anyway and now I just run it either via bluetooth or apple car play. if you can find them on the internet you probably should be able to run it via those two options. not as clean as the tesla was but it seems to be working well for me.

OP
OP
Alemany

Alemany

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
McLaren 600LT, Nissan GTR, Tesla P100D, MiniCooper Cooper limited edition, Taycan Turbo S (ordered), Giulia Quadrafoglio
Country flag
you will not get all of what you could on the tesla system but you can get many things by looking around the net. I was always using spotify anyway and now I just run it either via bluetooth or apple car play. if you can find them on the internet you probably should be able to run it via those two options. not as clean as the tesla was but it seems to be working well for me.
Thanks. Im doing that as a crutch but a) requires I pay more attention tho my phone while driving than I should, b) what's the point of having internet radio as a selling point is only works half the time... Oh well.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Thanks. Im doing that as a crutch but a) requires I pay more attention tho my phone while driving than I should, b) what's the point of having internet radio as a selling point is only works half the time... Oh well.
car play should make it easier, do you use it?

OP
OP
Alemany

Alemany

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
car play should make it easier, do you use it?
Yes, but it doesn't load all my playlists all the time plus you need to hunt and peck on car play - choose the app, load the stations, run down the list, find you station, etc. Dont get me wrong, it works and I use it since the native option doesn't work. But I miss saying out loud "play xyz station" or "play xyz band/artist/song" and have the system do it accurately. oh well. I got an update to the speech recongnition/voice system today, maybe they'update the internet radio someday...

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Yes, but it doesn't load all my playlists all the time plus you need to hunt and peck on car play - choose the app, load the stations, run down the list, find you station, etc. Dont get me wrong, it works and I use it since the native option doesn't work. But I miss saying out loud "play xyz station" or "play xyz band/artist/song" and have the system do it accurately. oh well. I got an update to the speech recongnition/voice system today, maybe they'update the internet radio someday...
I was just reading this on the my porsche site under services
Radio Plus Contract term: to Feb 19, 2024
Listen to Internet radio while driving. And not just local radio, but stations from all over the world. I don't how to get it running in the car but apparently it is available

OP
OP
Alemany

Alemany

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I was just reading this on the my porsche site under services
Radio Plus Contract term: to Feb 19, 2024
Listen to Internet radio while driving. And not just local radio, but stations from all over the world. I don't how to get it running in the car but apparently it is available
Its available, I have it and is activated, it just doesn't find many station, for some reason it is quite limited in what it can find and that makes no sense to me given it is after all worldwide internet radio. Oh well...

OP
OP
Alemany

Alemany

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Jetpilot

First Name
Filippo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche taycan 4s 2021
Country flag
Its available, I have it and is activated, it just doesn't find many station, for some reason it is quite limited in what it can find and that makes no sense to me given it is after all worldwide internet radio. Oh well...
How did you have it. in mine bought it 3 days ago internet radio is grey out I have only xm radio and normal radio . Even if in connect the subscription is showed but I can’t listen or select internet radio or Apple Music which I did sync with my account.... any walk around ? Thanks

OP
OP
Alemany

Alemany

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I am not sure but I suspect it come through my phone. I will try it later today or in the am without my phone with me and will let you know.

Jetpilot

First Name
Filippo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche taycan 4s 2021
Country flag
I am not sure but I suspect it come through my phone. I will try it later today or in the am without my phone with me and will let you know.
Let me know and especially let me know how you can use your phone as internet hotspot to run internet radio . My phone is connected but if I use it goes in apple CarPlay and replicate my phone screen and apps . Thanks for checking

OP
OP
Alemany

Alemany

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ok, went on the car without the phone and I do have internet radio. Takes a bit to connect (shows up grayed out when I first get in the car but after a couple of minutes it is on). So it is connecting with the car's own signal. I have not been able to connect the phone as a hot spot because the car uses the wifi to connect car play....

GreggT

First Name
GreggT
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drivingfanatic.com
Vehicles
Multiple Porsches and Mercedes AMG
Country flag
Ok, went on the car without the phone and I do have internet radio. Takes a bit to connect (shows up grayed out when I first get in the car but after a couple of minutes it is on). So it is connecting with the car's own signal. I have not been able to connect the phone as a hot spot because the car uses the wifi to connect car play....
I'm probably misunderstanding but are we saying you could access iHeart Radio? A lot of misinformation out there but I was told I'd first need to buy the $20./mo. AT&T data package.

OP
OP
Alemany

Alemany

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm probably misunderstanding but are we saying you could access iHeart Radio? A lot of misinformation out there but I was told I'd first need to buy the $20./mo. AT&T data package.
Good question. My car seem to have an internet connection without the phone being in the car. It doesn't connect to my house as a hot spot (tried but was told not possible), so I am not sure where it is getting its signal from. I have not purchased any data package....
Sponsored