Intersection Assist not on 2025 Taycan configurator?

marc

First Name
marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 4s
Country flag
I've configured a '25 4s but I don't see intersection assist on the configurator. I didn't have it on my last 4s and was really hoping or it--any insights???
Sponsored

Irv09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo 2020; Panamera GTS; 911
Country flag
It has been part of Innodrive. I am not sure it is a stand alone option. I think you also get cross path detection

OP
OP

marc

First Name
marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 4s
Country flag
It's not in the innodrive description though....

Irv09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I understand but it is part of Innodrive and it has not been offered as a stand alone option.

OP
OP

marc

First Name
marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 4s
Country flag
Could you please direct me to where Porsche indicates this is included in Innodrive? I have included Innodrive in my configuration but am unable to find any confirmation that it is in fact included.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Could you please direct me to where Porsche indicates this is included in Innodrive? I have included Innodrive in my configuration but am unable to find any confirmation that it is in fact included.
Click

Porsche Taycan Intersection Assist not on 2025 Taycan configurator? 1707405506295

Porsche Taycan Intersection Assist not on 2025 Taycan configurator? 1707405626926

Porsche Taycan Intersection Assist not on 2025 Taycan configurator? 1707405446195

OP
OP

marc

First Name
marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 4s
Country flag
WINGE, I have read many of your posts over the last years and respect your insights. I hope the inclusion also pertains to the US market. The US configurator lacks the description you have displayed.
I would inquire with a dealer but my experience has been dealers are a horrible resource for the truth about features., or really anything.

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
WINGE, I have read many of your posts over the last years and respect your insights. I hope the inclusion also pertains to the US market. The US configurator lacks the description you have displayed.
I would inquire with a dealer but my experience has been dealers are a horrible resource for the truth about features., or really anything.
Configurator has many things wrong at the moment. InnoDrive always had this feature and PCM hardware is unchanged, I would not worry about it, it will be there. I agree that dealer would not know a thing.

This is the article that I reference for the current gen regarding what Innodrive does:

https://media.porsche.com/mediakit/taycan/en/porsche-taycan/die-assistenzsysteme

Last edited:

OP
OP

marc

First Name
marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 4s
Country flag
Thank you Sergey, I appreciate your taking the time to post that.

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
Thank you Sergey, I appreciate your taking the time to post that.
I am already jealous of your InnoDrive on the refresh if this is what it is going to be and most certainly they are not removing anything it has now.

Porsche Taycan Intersection Assist not on 2025 Taycan configurator? 1707416156183

alexsas

First Name
Alexey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, I3
Country flag
Apologies for my ignorance in advance. I have this feature, but I am still unsure what practical use of it is? Say if I am driving from the side road and about to hit another road user, will my car give me a little jingle bell? Just not sure what it would help with (or how) in real life... Anyone has some practical tips or anecdotes how it helped?

Irv09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I was at a two way stop and had checked both ways, but I had missed the car that was approaching from the driver side. I attempted to pull out and the brake was applied and the system saved me from a major collision. It is a great feature and it should be standard for the entire line. . .

OP
OP

marc

First Name
marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 4s
Country flag
I agree with you Irv. I had a similar life-saving event via swerve-assist when a semi began to cross an interstate very close to my car. I was able to avoid the collision but considering the speeds of both my vehicle and the truck, as well as the other cars traveling close to mine, I seriously doubt that without swerve assist there would have been a positive outcome. Assistance features may rarely be needed, but when they are, they are worth every penny and it is a shame they require optioning.
As much as I love Taycans, they have some serious blind spots and the height of the Taycan can make peripheral vision challenging under many circumstances. I would never entirely rely on assistance features, but I am comforted that my new build will have every assistance and performance feature available.

OP
OP

marc

First Name
marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 4s
Country flag
Update: I have spoken with two dealers and neither is able to confirm that what was formerly known as "Intersection Assist" is either included in Innodrive or any other option. This is obviously disconcerting--I am reluctant to place my order without confirmation that an option I find to be essential may, in fact, not be available.
Maybe it's a chip issue, maybe it's Porsche's inability to correctly define options on the configurator--but it seems not to be described in ANY of the current Taycan materials accessible to customers or sales advisors and exists more as a myth than an actual option at this time.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Update: I have spoken with two dealers and neither is able to confirm that what was formerly known as "Intersection Assist" is either included in Innodrive or any other option. This is obviously disconcerting--I am reluctant to place my order without confirmation that an option I find to be essential may, in fact, not be available.
Maybe it's a chip issue, maybe it's Porsche's inability to correctly define options on the configurator--but it seems not to be described in ANY of the current Taycan materials accessible to customers or sales advisors and exists more as a myth than an actual option at this time.
Listed on UK configurator with Innodrive and no reason to doubt that this wouldn't be a global option.

Personally it's not something I've ever had or felt the need for and curious to know why it is 'essential'?
Sponsored