Jsherid!

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2013 CTS-V Wagon (M6), 928S4
Country flag
First thing to note is that my ID is at least partially due to my inability to type on a touchscreen—I intended the last character to be a ”1” instead of the “!”.

I ordered my Cross Turismo thru Luke Manning at Grapevine Porsche who was very helpful in guiding me thru the financial minefield that is Porsche optional extras. Here’s my build which is daily driver oriented. In one of life’s odd coincidences, Luke called me a few days after I ordered my car and told me that there would be a Cross Turismo at the dealership and it turned out to be a preview of my car (same color and wheels). The Smoking Package is so that I can get that cool little ashtray cup so that I have somewhere to throw change—I don’t smoke unless I’m on fire.

PNU7GP25

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNU7GP25

I placed my deposit on July 22nd, and was told to expect my car ”late 4th quarter”.

I’m a long time Porsche owner (1987 928S4) and I have another fast wagon in the garage (2013 Cadillac CTS-V wagon with a manual transmission) so this is kind of a hybrid of the two!

Porsche Taycan Intro and Ordered my Taycan Cross Turismo 4 7DFDA16A-02C4-49CE-B572-32A5AB7111D5

Porsche Taycan Intro and Ordered my Taycan Cross Turismo 4 A1B60CD2-B56F-464B-8B24-94374D0B0CBC

Last edited:
Reactions: B61

RPTRXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q7 / Taycan CT4 / Model X (ordered)
Country flag
Nice build. I'm partial to the rear wheel steering, I haven't received my car yet but just ordered. Just out of curiosity, on the photos you posted, do you know what color that trim is on the bottom of the car (the rear side and front). It doesn't look like the standard silver color - I'm debating getting that in high gloss black.

OP
OP
Jsherid!

Jsherid!

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I believe this car has Vesuvius Gray for the lower trim—I did the standard

Dave777

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1982 911SC, 997C4S, Cayenne, 2022 CT4
Country flag
Hi Jim,
Congrats on your order. Very interesting set of options.
I test drove a Taycan 4s and the RWS was very handy in the parking lots, but also very nice at higher speed handling. I notice yours didn’t have the pano roof glass..it looks like thats an option now for USA?
Vesuvius grey inlays looks good with that blue.

OP
OP
Jsherid!

Jsherid!

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’d better have the glass roof! Seriously, according to the website it is standard but I’ll verify with Luke. I think the only ‘odd’ option I have is the Paldao wood trim—I think it will warm up the interior a bit but haven’t seen a Taycan with it yet.

Last edited:

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Hi Jim,
Congrats on your order. Very interesting set of options.
I test drove a Taycan 4s and the RWS was very handy in the parking lots, but also very nice at higher speed handling. I notice yours didn’t have the pano roof glass..it looks like thats an option now for USA?
Vesuvius grey inlays looks good with that blue.
Pretty sure that is the Pano roof - the lighting does indeed almost make it look like the body color but if you look closely you see no sculpts/ribbing that the metal roof has on this one.

OP
OP
Jsherid!

Jsherid!

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The configuration tool shows a metal roof no matter what and doesn’t show the passenger screen or heads up display if you order them via the Technology Package vs. a la carte

The car in the photos (a corporate car from Porsche that no amount of begging would convince them to sell to me) did indeed have a glass roof

Last edited:

Dave777

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1982 911SC, 997C4S, Cayenne, 2022 CT4
Country flag
The configuration tool shows a metal roof no matter what and doesn’t show the passenger screen or heads up display if you order them via the Technology Package vs. a la carte

The car in the photos (a corporate car from Porsche that no amount of begging would convince them to sell to me) did indeed have a glass roof

Good to check…the config photo shows metal, but as you’ll find in other posts there’s some variations on how stuff is displayed, but long as you, your dealer and final order paperwork have it …you should be good. ?.
Sponsored