tayCanadian

First Name
Amit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Cayenne Coupe E-Hybrid (RIP), 2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I think it looks amazing - congratulations and well done! Suddenly my GTS ST Volcano Grey seems very mainstream...
Late reply, but thank you! Nothing mainstream about it my friend! And well, you could always go stealth with it to further stand out a bit!
Sponsored

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
Hey SergeyIndy,

I only have 1000 km on the car so I have not been driving it that much, but so far, I'd say everything has been fine. On a coupe of occasions I have heard a rock hit the windshield and I can't say if they were threatening, but I feel safer knowing that I have the ExoShield there.

The windshield definitely looks different from the outside after Exoshield. I'm not sure if it is a copper tint look, but it is iridescent, in a way... it depends on the angle you look at it from, but it's definitely not clear looking, from the outside.

From the inside, it does look clear to me, but maybe I'm just not noticing if there is any tint to it. What I do notice is that when the sun is shining in the direction of the windshield, I see something in the windshield that I don't know how to describe. They are like, lines or shadows caused by the sun shining on the shield. I have attached 2 photos and in the first, you will see these lines in the windshield due to the sun and they move around depending on my angle towards the sun (they don't always create that X shape that you see in the photo) and in the 2nd photo, when I'm not facing the sun, you don't see those lines anymore.

I hope this helps.
Amit, this is super helpful and thank you for taking the time to take pictures and describe your experiences. One more question, do you have Thermal Glass option (dual pane) and tint on the windshield.

OP
OP
tayCanadian

tayCanadian

First Name
Amit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Amit, this is super helpful and thank you for taking the time to take pictures and describe your experiences. One more question, do you have Thermal Glass option (dual pane) and tint on the windshield.
No problem Sergey.

My car has the thermal & insulated windows. The windshield is not tinted, I've just got the Exoshield on it.

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
No problem Sergey.

My car has the thermal & insulated windows. The windshield is not tinted, I've just got the Exoshield on it.
I am almost certian that the copper look under certain conditions is due to the Thermal Glass option as I have this option on the Cayenne. ExhoSield is the one creating some of the cross-line reflections since it is a multi-layer and reflects the light at certain angles, which is not a problem. I saw it on the 911 sitting inside the shop and looked perfectly clear as you are showing in your pictures.

OP
OP
tayCanadian

tayCanadian

First Name
Amit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I am almost certian that the copper look under certain conditions is due to the Thermal Glass option as I have this option on the Cayenne. ExhoSield is the one creating some of the cross-line reflections since it is a multi-layer and reflects the light at certain angles, which is not a problem. I saw it on the 911 sitting inside the shop and looked perfectly clear as you are showing in your pictures.
I actually don't think it is. Before I installed Exoshield, it didn't have that copper look.

I don't have a great photo but see attached.

new2porsche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SQ7, 458, V60 P
Country flag
I actually don't think it is. Before I installed Exoshield, it didn't have that copper look.

I don't have a great photo but see attached.

@tayCanadian - I was wondering how the exoshield is holding up. I’m considering it as well. Are you still pleased?