tayCanadian

First Name
Amit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Cayenne Coupe E-Hybrid (RIP), 2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
A few weeks ago I finally received my Taycan GTS after waiting about 9 months, which, considering the delays people have been facing, is not that bad. I ordered the vehicle in April 2022 and assumed it would be a MY 2022 but once I got my allocation in July and was told it would be an October build, it got bumped to a 2023. The vehicle was finally built in November and arrived at my dealer right before Christmas.

I brought it directly to the PPF installer where the following work was done:
  • installed Xpel Stealth PPF on the whole vehicle and then added 2 gloss stripes on the hood
  • door handles were wrapped in gloss PPF
  • added a ceramic coating
  • tinted the windows with Xpel Prime XR Plus ceramic tints (20% all around)
  • installed Exoshield windshield protection film
Details about the build itself:
  • Jet Black Metallic w/ Leather interior in Black
  • Premium Package
  • 14-way seats with massage function
  • Under door puddle lights
  • Rear axle steering
  • Neodyme accents
  • Porsche crest on the headrests and GTS logo on the armrest
  • Race-Tex on B-Pillar trims
  • Heated GT steering wheel with carbon fiber
I got the clear side markers from Suncoast but when trying to install them, I realized they sent me 2 of the same side, so I'm waiting for the replacement to get those put on.

What can I say that hasn't already been said about this vehicle? It's amazing and I'm loving it! I haven't been able to drive it very much as I don't want to drive it in snow. When I'm not driving it, I wish I am!

And of course, obligatory pics:

Porsche Taycan Introducing my '23 Stealth Taycan GTS ( XPEL Stealth PPF on the whole vehicle + 2 gloss stripes on hood) stealthtaycan1
Porsche Taycan Introducing my '23 Stealth Taycan GTS ( XPEL Stealth PPF on the whole vehicle + 2 gloss stripes on hood) stealthtaycan2
Porsche Taycan Introducing my '23 Stealth Taycan GTS ( XPEL Stealth PPF on the whole vehicle + 2 gloss stripes on hood) stealthtaycan3

Porsche Taycan Introducing my '23 Stealth Taycan GTS ( XPEL Stealth PPF on the whole vehicle + 2 gloss stripes on hood) stealthtaycan4
Porsche Taycan Introducing my '23 Stealth Taycan GTS ( XPEL Stealth PPF on the whole vehicle + 2 gloss stripes on hood) stealthtaycan5
Porsche Taycan Introducing my '23 Stealth Taycan GTS ( XPEL Stealth PPF on the whole vehicle + 2 gloss stripes on hood) stealthtaycan6
Porsche Taycan Introducing my '23 Stealth Taycan GTS ( XPEL Stealth PPF on the whole vehicle + 2 gloss stripes on hood) stealthtaycan7
Porsche Taycan Introducing my '23 Stealth Taycan GTS ( XPEL Stealth PPF on the whole vehicle + 2 gloss stripes on hood) stealthtaycanINT1
Porsche Taycan Introducing my '23 Stealth Taycan GTS ( XPEL Stealth PPF on the whole vehicle + 2 gloss stripes on hood) stealthtaycanINT2
Porsche Taycan Introducing my '23 Stealth Taycan GTS ( XPEL Stealth PPF on the whole vehicle + 2 gloss stripes on hood) stealthtaycanINT3

Last edited:

mcdermottm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB EQE SUV 350+, ‘23 Taycan RWD coming soon
Country flag
The stripes are a NICE touch. Something I never would have thought of doing.

OzzieT

First Name
Oz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Congratulations @tayCanadian or should I say tayBatman. Beautifully done. The car is at its best in all black (IMO). Just as a reference, my GTS March 2022 order, goes into production February 10 and gets delivered….June?

OP
OP
tayCanadian

tayCanadian

First Name
Amit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks to everyone. Batmobile vibes is indeed what I was after. I've been loving matte black cars since I first saw a 911 in matte black around 15 years ago. I figured the Taycan was as good a chance as any to have one. My original order was for Chalk!

mcdermottm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB EQE SUV 350+, ‘23 Taycan RWD coming soon
Country flag
Congratulations @tayCanadian or should I say tayBatman. Beautifully done. The car is at its best in all black (IMO). Just as a reference, my GTS March 2022 order, goes into production February 10 and gets delivered….June?
My Track Your Dream timeline shows 1 week for production starting 1/27 and delivered to my dealer in the US on 3/10. Of course, those are theoretical until the steps are actually complete and I assume the boat ride to AUS from Emden is longer than to the East coast of the US but maybe it offers some frame of reference for you. Mine isn’t a GTS, either, but I doubt that adds much unless you went crazy with the deviated leather/stitching, etc.

OzzieT

First Name
Oz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Thank
My Track Your Dream timeline shows 1 week for production starting 1/27 and delivered to my dealer in the US on 3/10. Of course, those are theoretical until the steps are actually complete and I assume the boat ride to AUS from Emden is longer than to the East coast of the US but maybe it offers some frame of reference for you. Mine isn’t a GTS, either, but I doubt that adds much unless you went crazy with the deviated leather/stitching, etc.
Thanks so much @mcdermottm. Without wanting to distract from taybatman’s post - further details on my journey here:

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/stuttgart-to-sydney-and-beyond.13917/

hitmonlee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Macan GTS
Country flag
Looks amazing!

Might be a dumb question, but if the plan is to install the Xpel Stealth PPF, does it matter whether the exterior color is Jet Black Metallic ($800) or the standard Black (free)?

OP
OP
tayCanadian

tayCanadian

First Name
Amit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Looks amazing!

Might be a dumb question, but if the plan is to install the Xpel Stealth PPF, does it matter whether the exterior color is Jet Black Metallic ($800) or the standard Black (free)?
Thanks!

I guess its up to personal preference but mine has the metallic flakes and you can still see them even with the ppf

Last edited:

BMonte13

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan
Country flag
Looks amazing!

Mine is standard free black with the same Xpel Stealth PPF. Check out pics I’ve posted. It looks slightly different.

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Second the Neodyme. I love what it does for the interior.
Sponsored