First Name
Amit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Cayenne Coupe E-Hybrid (RIP), 2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Nice, now I’m wishing I would’ve gotten the neodyme 🔥
Second the Neodyme. I love what it does for the interior.
I chose the black leather interior because of the Neodyme. I wanted it that badly lol.

I liked the Bordeaux leather too but felt that the Neodyme doesn't work well with it, so black it was.

I also liked the Race-tex interior but the configurator doesn't allow Neodyme with it.

Funny how a $740 accent colour decided everything for me.
Sponsored

SwissTaycan

First Name
Dieter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S arrived on 23.12.20 and 718 Spyder on order
Country flag
Looks evil. In a good way ;-)

I would definitely get our of your way on the German Autobahn if you showed up behind me.

OP
OP
tayCanadian

tayCanadian

First Name
Amit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I found Neodyme a really nice lift to the interior of mine and money well spent!
Absolutely! The gold shade is not gaudy or off putting in any way.

Taycan2023y

First Name
Sandeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
A few weeks ago I finally received my Taycan GTS after waiting about 9 months, which, considering the delays people have been facing, is not that bad. I ordered the vehicle in April 2022 and assumed it would be a MY 2022 but once I got my allocation in July and was told it would be an October build, it got bumped to a 2023. The vehicle was finally built in November and arrived at my dealer right before Christmas.

I brought it directly to the PPF installer where the following work was done:
  • installed Xpel Stealth PPF on the whole vehicle and then added 2 gloss stripes on the hood
  • door handles were wrapped in gloss PPF
  • added a ceramic coating
  • tinted the windows with Xpel Prime XR Plus ceramic tints (20% all around)
  • installed Exoshield windshield protection film
Details about the build itself:
  • Jet Black Metallic w/ Leather interior in Black
  • Premium Package
  • 14-way seats with massage function
  • Under door puddle lights
  • Rear axle steering
  • Neodyme accents
  • Porsche crest on the headrests and GTS logo on the armrest
  • Race-Tex on B-Pillar trims
  • Heated GT steering wheel with carbon fiber
I got the clear side markers from Suncoast but when trying to install them, I realized they sent me 2 of the same side, so I'm waiting for the replacement to get those put on.

What can I say that hasn't already been said about this vehicle? It's amazing and I'm loving it! I haven't been able to drive it very much as I don't want to drive it in snow. When I'm not driving it, I wish I am!

And of course, obligatory pics:

stealthtaycan1.jpg
stealthtaycan2.jpg
stealthtaycan3.jpg

stealthtaycan4.jpg
stealthtaycan5.jpg
stealthtaycan6.jpg
stealthtaycan7.jpg
stealthtaycanINT1.jpg
stealthtaycanINT2.jpg
stealthtaycanINT3.jpg
Wow

Rob28

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan GTS, '22 Lexus NX350 (Wife's)
Country flag
I can’t wait to see it in person! Gorgeous example of the GTS - I love it almost as much as mine 😂

OP
OP
tayCanadian

tayCanadian

First Name
Amit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I can’t wait to see it in person! Gorgeous example of the GTS - I love it almost as much as mine 😂
Thanks buddy! You can never love another as much as you love yours! That applies to everything! 🤣

ben1

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla,porsche
Country flag
How did you do the stripes ?
Can I buy that separately ?

OP
OP
tayCanadian

tayCanadian

First Name
Amit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
How did you do the stripes ?
Can I buy that separately ?
Hi Ben,

The whole car had PPF applied (Xpel Stealth) and then the stripes were simply cut from glossy black vinyl that is used for car graphics.

You can either cut it on a plotter or cut it by hand. My guy did the latter (cut by hand) because the stripes have some curve to them and he wasn't comfortable with the plotter doing that cut.

James90517

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Porsche 911 Turbo S
Country flag
Killer job on the PPF, looks incredible. I'm picking up my 911 soon, who did the work? Looking for a clean job, don't care about price as I see the value in it

OP
OP
tayCanadian

tayCanadian

First Name
Amit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Killer job on the PPF, looks incredible. I'm picking up my 911 soon, who did the work? Looking for a clean job, don't care about price as I see the value in it
Are you in the GTA? If so, DM me.

Mook

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Cayenne Turbo S, Merc 560SL
Country flag
Looks amazing!

Might be a dumb question, but if the plan is to install the Xpel Stealth PPF, does it matter whether the exterior color is Jet Black Metallic ($800) or the standard Black (free)?
Save the $800 - it can be any color scheme below.

Därk

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-24Range Rover Sport, -23 Taycan GTS Sport Turismo
Country flag
Absolutely! The gold shade is not gaudy or off putting in any way.
I think it looks amazing - congratulations and well done! Suddenly my GTS ST Volcano Grey seems very mainstream...

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
@tayCanadian, I am building my ppf plan and my shop now finally offering windshield film with ExoShield brand for $800 US installed. I see you have it, could you share your experience with it and how you like it. It looks like your windshield has copper tint, but I am more interested in visibility distortion since I will have thermal glass (dual pane) and plan to tint windshield to 80%, then 20% the rest will be dark enough for me. Yours looks awesome with lots of thought behind it.

OP
OP
tayCanadian

tayCanadian

First Name
Amit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@tayCanadian, I am building my ppf plan and my shop now finally offering windshield film with ExoShield brand for $800 US installed. I see you have it, could you share your experience with it and how you like it. It looks like your windshield has copper tint, but I am more interested in visibility distortion since I will have thermal glass (dual pane) and plan to tint windshield to 80%, then 20% the rest will be dark enough for me. Yours looks awesome with lots of thought behind it.
Hey SergeyIndy,

I only have 1000 km on the car so I have not been driving it that much, but so far, I'd say everything has been fine. On a coupe of occasions I have heard a rock hit the windshield and I can't say if they were threatening, but I feel safer knowing that I have the ExoShield there.

The windshield definitely looks different from the outside after Exoshield. I'm not sure if it is a copper tint look, but it is iridescent, in a way... it depends on the angle you look at it from, but it's definitely not clear looking, from the outside.

From the inside, it does look clear to me, but maybe I'm just not noticing if there is any tint to it. What I do notice is that when the sun is shining in the direction of the windshield, I see something in the windshield that I don't know how to describe. They are like, lines or shadows caused by the sun shining on the shield. I have attached 2 photos and in the first, you will see these lines in the windshield due to the sun and they move around depending on my angle towards the sun (they don't always create that X shape that you see in the photo) and in the 2nd photo, when I'm not facing the sun, you don't see those lines anymore.

I hope this helps.

Porsche Taycan Introducing my '23 Stealth Taycan GTS ( XPEL Stealth PPF on the whole vehicle + 2 gloss stripes on hood) sun
Porsche Taycan Introducing my '23 Stealth Taycan GTS ( XPEL Stealth PPF on the whole vehicle + 2 gloss stripes on hood) nosun