Introduction / order of a GTS 2023

Prosus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS sedan 2023
Country flag
Hi everybody,

I'm new to this forum and would like to introduce myself. I'm a EV owner since 2019 (Tesla Model 3 Performance); a car which I drove with great pleasure until it needed a repair due to a small accident. The repair nearly lasted 4 months and during that time I was given an ICE loaner car.

This also gave me time to look around at other EVs. This is how I ended up at the Porsche dealer and made a test drive in the Taycan GTS. I was immediately sold and soon the order was placed (including an order for a Polestar 2 as a family car). I now have a (provisional) production date; with a bit of luck the Taycan will be delivered in early 2023.

The configuration I ordered:
  • Taycan GTS model year 2023
  • Exterior colour Ice-grey metallic
  • GTS interior (Race Tech) package chalk
  • Electric folding mirrors
  • LED door lighting with PORSCHE logo
  • Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control Sport (PDCC Sport)
  • Rear axle steering
  • Porsche Surface Coated Brake (PSCB)
  • 21-inch RS Spyder design wheel
  • Self-dimming interior and exterior mirrors
  • Panoramic sunroof
  • Sound and heat protection glazing
  • Park Assist including Surround View
  • Lane change assistant
  • Porsche InnoDrive including Adaptive Cruise Assist
  • HomeLink (garage door opener)
  • Comfort Access
  • Preparations Porsche Dashcam (front and rear)
  • 4+1 seats
  • Ioniser
  • Adaptive front sports seats (18-way adjustable, electric) with memory package
  • Light Design Package
  • Seat heating front and rear
  • Advanced Climate Control (4-zone)
  • Stowage package
  • Sport Chrono chalk dial
  • Decorative stitching on steering wheel rim in contrasting colour
  • Matt carbon interior package
  • 10.9-inch co-driver display
  • BOSE Surround Sound System
  • Electric charging cover
  • Porsche Intelligent Range Manager
  • Heat pump
Some pictures from the configurator:

Porsche Taycan Introduction / order of a GTS 2023 Taycan GTS_1
Porsche Taycan Introduction / order of a GTS 2023 Taycan GTS_2
Porsche Taycan Introduction / order of a GTS 2023 Taycan GTS_3
Porsche Taycan Introduction / order of a GTS 2023 Taycan GTS_4
Porsche Taycan Introduction / order of a GTS 2023 Taycan GTS_5
Porsche Taycan Introduction / order of a GTS 2023 Taycan GTS_6

I hope I can share my experience here and get some helpful insights. After all, this is my first Porsche :)

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Congrats on the order!

Colour is personal preference, but I find silver Porsche's extremely tedious. Granted there isn't that many colours to choose from, but even a Ford Fiesta comes in silver...

Of your options, everything looks great, but consider:
  • GTS interior (Race Tech) package chalk - this might look odd with a similar hue exterior. I would consider contrast and go Carmine Red instead.
  • Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control Sport (PDCC Sport) - if you aren't tracking, this is a waste of money is the consensus from those who have their Taycan's on this forum.
  • Porsche Surface Coated Brake (PSCB) - owners on this forum have said brake dust accumulation on the standard brakes is miniscule, as is visible rust. Standard brakes are excellent and upgrades aren't worth it other than for cosmetics. The red calipers of the standard brakes add some nice contrast to your exterior colour, wheels and gives symmetry to a Carmine Red GTS interior.
  • Sound and heat protection glazing - consider privacy glass for a few hundred euros more.
  • Porsche InnoDrive including Adaptive Cruise Assist - I've not heard positive things about this from forum members, and it takes the fun out of what should be a car you always enjoy driving. I also think this is something you can subscribe to - that might be more sensible only for longer journeys where you think you'll need it.
  • HomeLink (garage door opener) - a third party solution will almost certainly be cheaper and more likely better. Amazon is where your money should be spent for this function. It also means the door remote can be used in any car, like the Polestar you also getting, where Homelink will only work in your Taycan. Seems illogical, especially if you are spending a similar sum on such a feature in the Polestar, and then you have to pay again for said feature in any future vehicle. Go third party. Get a remote.
  • Comfort Access - keyless entry is becoming an increasing problem with car theft. Not sure if this is something that affects your city as much as somewhere like London, but as we hurtle into a major economic crisis, crime will increase. I'm not optioning this for the simple reason I don't want my car jacked wirelessly. Besides, not optioning this provides the perfect excuse to fumble your Porsche key.
  • Ioniser - this doesn't clean the air, it just charges air particles so any larger particles stick to any surface. I would not option this and just open the window if you want to get better ventilation.
  • Advanced Climate Control (4-zone) - if you have kids, I would not bother with this as they'll likely be constantly playing around with it.
  • Sport Chrono chalk dial - the GTS interior comes with the PSD clock as standard. I would leave as is. It looks great. Sport Chrono clock looks awful, especially with that tacky digital display.

Things I would consider now you have saved yourself from spending circa €8,000 unnecessarily:
  • 150kW on-board DC-DC converter (c€300)
  • Leather floor mats and boot liner with lip, with stitching colour that matches your GTS interior colour (c€580)
  • Line B Pillar with Race-Tex, otherwise nasty scratchy plastic is on show (c€330)
  • A garage door remote, two or four pack (c€30)
  • PPF and ceramic coating (local body shop, not by Porsche) (c€3,500-5,000)

With the spare change, put it towards a holiday.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Prosus

Prosus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@TaycanHero Thank you for your thoughts and tips! :like: Although most of them are personal preferences, it is good to have a different opinion on the configuration. To address each point more specific:

GTS interior (Race Tech) package chalk - this might look odd with a similar hue exterior. I would consider contrast and go Carmine Red instead.
Did consider this, but I like a clean and simple look. Therefore I stuck to the ‘black and white’ combi in the whole car. In my opinion a premium look without asking for to much attention.

• Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control Sport (PDCC Sport) - if you aren't tracking, this is a waste of money is the consensus from those who have their Taycan's on this forum.
  • Porsche Surface Coated Brake (PSCB) - owners on this forum have said brake dust accumulation on the standard brakes is miniscule, as is visible rust. Standard brakes are excellent and upgrades aren't worth it other than for cosmetics. The red calipers of the standard brakes add some nice contrast to your exterior colour, wheels and gives symmetry to a Carmine Red GTS interior.
My loaner car was a BMW which had all the M performance options. That car drove amazing and showed me the importance of not to save money on chassis and brakes. Therefore I chose these options (I’m aware they are expensive).

Porsche InnoDrive including Adaptive Cruise Assist - I've not heard positive things about this from forum members, and it takes the fun out of what should be a car you always enjoy driving. I also think this is something you can subscribe to - that might be more sensible only for longer journeys where you think you'll need it.
My dealer told me that there is a difference if you order it afterwards as in that case not all sensors are installed on the car. I liked the autopilot in my Tesla a lot, I hope this is a good alternative to that.

HomeLink (garage door opener) - a third party solution will almost certainly be cheaper and more likely better. Amazon is where your money should be spent for this function. It also means the door remote can be used in any car, like the Polestar you also getting, where Homelink will only work in your Taycan. Seems illogical, especially if you are spending a similar sum on such a feature in the Polestar, and then you have to pay again for said feature in any future vehicle. Go third party. Get a remote.
A garage door remote, two or four pack (c€30)
I agree with you a third party solution is cheaper, but having it integrated I find worth the money. It was not that of an expensive option.

Comfort Access - keyless entry is becoming an increasing problem with car theft. Not sure if this is something that affects your city as much as somewhere like London, but as we hurtle into a major economic crisis, crime will increase. I'm not optioning this for the simple reason I don't want my car jacked wirelessly. Besides, not optioning this provides the perfect excuse to fumble your Porsche key.
I just love the comfort of it (also being used to it with the Tesla). In my home I have a shielding key storage (faraday cage).

• Ioniser - this doesn't clean the air, it just charges air particles so any larger particles stick to any surface. I would not option this and just open the window if you want to get better ventilation.
  • Advanced Climate Control (4-zone) - if you have kids, I would not bother with this as they'll likely be constantly playing around with it.
I understand your points. Ioniser was a cheap option and I like the extra screen in the back of the advanced climate control. This car will mainly be used for business trips.

Sport Chrono chalk dial - the GTS interior comes with the PSD clock as standard. I would leave as is. It looks great. Sport Chrono clock looks awful, especially with that tacky digital display.
This is personal preference. I like the chalk dial in combination with the chalk in the rest of the interior.

150kW on-board DC-DC converter (c€300)
I don’t have that option here. Maybe that is something location specific? Most home chargers here within The Netherlands are 11kW (3 phase).

Leather floor mats and boot liner with lip, with stitching colour that matches your GTS interior colour (c€580)
Interesting one, will look into this.

Line B Pillar with Race-Tex, otherwise nasty scratchy plastic is on show (c€330)
Thank you, definitely a must to add. Looks much better.

PPF and ceramic coating (local body shop, not by Porsche) (c€3,500-5,000)
Yes, will do this. My Tesla had full PPF, but I think for my next cars I will go for full front only. Ceramic coating is a joy.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@TaycanHero Thank you for your thoughts and tips! :like: Although most of them are personal preferences, it is good to have a different opinion on the configuration. To address each point more specific:

Did consider this, but I like a clean and simple look. Therefore I stuck to the ‘black and white’ combi in the whole car. In my opinion a premium look without asking for to much attention.

My loaner car was a BMW which had all the M performance options. That car drove amazing and showed me the importance of not to save money on chassis and brakes. Therefore I chose these options (I’m aware they are expensive).

My dealer told me that there is a difference if you order it afterwards as in that case not all sensors are installed on the car. I liked the autopilot in my Tesla a lot, I hope this is a good alternative to that.

I agree with you a third party solution is cheaper, but having it integrated I find worth the money. It was not that of an expensive option.

I just love the comfort of it (also being used to it with the Tesla). In my home I have a shielding key storage (faraday cage).

I understand your points. Ioniser was a cheap option and I like the extra screen in the back of the advanced climate control. This car will mainly be used for business trips.

This is personal preference. I like the chalk dial in combination with the chalk in the rest of the interior.

I don’t have that option here. Maybe that is something location specific? Most home chargers here within The Netherlands are 11kW (3 phase).

Yes, will do this. My Tesla had full PPF, but I think for my next cars I will go for full front only. Ceramic coating is a joy.

All makes sense and I can see why you specced those options.

My only comment is with your comparison to the BMW and its M performance options. The Taycan rides awesome because of its chassis design and the batteries in the floor of car, providing a very low centre of gravity and excellent balance.

You can't really compare a medium performance ICE car to a high performance EV - and certainly not a Porsche! Laws of physics are quite different.

I can't recall a post nor find a thread on this forum where anyone thinks PDCC is worthwhile, unless you plan on taking hard corners at very high speeds, which would be dangerous in normal driving conditions.

For those forum members who do track regularly, they've explained even the ceramics would be pointless because the car would run out of charge before the standard brakes come anywhere close to fading/failing.

With the brakes, on an EV you barely use them anyway, and PSCB could actually worsen performance as they are heavier and from what I have read, perform worse in wet conditions. They are therefore more for cosmetics, which is the only reason why I would consider them. Also remember replacement discs will cost more than standard!

If you want performance, PDCC and PSCB are simply a clever way of Porsche extracting money out of you. You won't notice the difference as much as a BMW ICE car. If I had Macan, I absolutely would spec PDCC, but for a Taycan, the bodyshape/chassis is rock solid going into corners in standard spec where you benefit from a heavy battery sat in the floor of the car that almost acts like an anchor.

Search these forums for more viewpoints on both - it could help you with your final build.

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
Similar comments from me:

Don’t bother with PDCC
Don‘t bother with Innodrive
Don’t bother with PSCB - if you want to keep the full black/silver look, add black brake callipers for the standard brakes
Don’t bother about 4-zone climate

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

If you wanted the best brakes then PCCB should have been the choice.

Regardless of brakes chosen they are rarely used (start up and heavy / emergency braking) so not necessarily a sound investment. It's a case of pay your money and make your choice. Braking via the motors is used 95% of the time as you'll soon discover.

BurntToast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1986 944 turbo and 2022 Taycan GTS (soon)
Country flag
Congrats on the order!

Colour is personal preference, but I find silver Porsche's extremely tedious. Granted there isn't that many colours to choose from, but even a Ford Fiesta comes in silver...

Of your options, everything looks great, but consider:
  • GTS interior (Race Tech) package chalk - this might look odd with a similar hue exterior. I would consider contrast and go Carmine Red instead.
  • Sound and heat protection glazing - consider privacy glass for a few hundred euros more.
  • Porsche InnoDrive including Adaptive Cruise Assist - I've not heard positive things about this from forum members, and it takes the fun out of what should be a car you always enjoy driving. I also think this is something you can subscribe to - that might be more sensible only for longer journeys where you think you'll need it.
  • HomeLink (garage door opener) - a third party solution will almost certainly be cheaper and more likely better. Amazon is where your money should be spent for this function. It also means the door remote can be used in any car, like the Polestar you also getting, where Homelink will only work in your Taycan. Seems illogical, especially if you are spending a similar sum on such a feature in the Polestar, and then you have to pay again for said feature in any future vehicle. Go third party. Get a remote.
  • Comfort Access - keyless entry is becoming an increasing problem with car theft. Not sure if this is something that affects your city as much as somewhere like London, but as we hurtle into a major economic crisis, crime will increase. I'm not optioning this for the simple reason I don't want my car jacked wirelessly. Besides, not optioning this provides the perfect excuse to fumble your Porsche key.
  • Sport Chrono chalk dial - the GTS interior comes with the PSD clock as standard. I would leave as is. It looks great. Sport Chrono clock looks awful, especially with that tacky digital display.

Things I would consider now you have saved yourself from spending circa €8,000 unnecessarily:
  • 150kW on-board DC-DC converter (c€300)
  • Leather floor mats and boot liner with lip, with stitching colour that matches your GTS interior colour (c€580)
  • Line B Pillar with Race-Tex, otherwise nasty scratchy plastic is on show (c€330)
  • A garage door remote, two or four pack (c€30)
  • PPF and ceramic coating (local body shop, not by Porsche) (c€3,500-5,000)

With the spare change, put it towards a holiday.
Great reply. I picked up my GTS last month and 100% agree with all points.

OP
OP
Prosus

Prosus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thank you @TaycanHero (again), @Sidicks, @W1NGE and @BurntToast.

I will do some more research on PDCC and PSCB. Valid point not to compare it with an ICE. PSCB brakes do look awesome in my opinion, but perhaps I can find a configuration which still looks nice (e.g. the suggested black brake calipers).

Also I'll look into InnoDrive. Without it, you still have lane assist and adaptive cruise control? I do like that a lot.

I do now have a production slot. Do you guys know when the freeze date is? Is that a fixed number of days before the production starts?

OP
OP
Prosus

Prosus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Based on the tips above, I played with the configurator and changed my config to:
- Without PDCC
- Without PSCB, but with black calipers
- Without InnoDrive, but with the Adaptive Cruise Control

I noticed that the price difference is not substantial as I thought beforehand. Perhaps mainly due to the current rise in price (again) + the pretty good discount I have on my order. In total it saves me around 2% on the total order price when skipping these options.

Considering that, do you still think I should remove this options? The way I configured it is the way I dreamed of.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Based on the tips above, I played with the configurator and changed my config to:
- Without PDCC

I noticed that the price difference is not substantial as I thought beforehand. Perhaps mainly due to the current rise in price (again) + the pretty good discount I have on my order. In total it saves me around 2% on the total order price when skipping these options.

Considering that, do you still think I should remove this options? The way I configured it is the way I dreamed of.
You dealer has given you a discount?!

In the UK it's insinuated we should feel lucky to even get an allocation, let alone a discount!

Ultimately, it's your car. Spec it how you want it, no point taking delivery and feeling like you have really missed out on an option you wish you had. However, 2% of €120,000 is near €2.5k, which still buys a lot, from a business class flight to a nice home sound system.

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
- Without PDCC

If money isn't an issue I wouldn't remove anything that you "might" regret not speccing later on. I have the PSCBs and love the way they look and the lack of break dust and have them with the black calipers. I did spec the Mission E wheels so the PSCBs came with them.

I have both the PDCC and InnoDrive, there are some longer threads on both in these forums. Personally I like InnoDrive and use it often when I'm driving on major highways. I got PDCC because, well, it is a Porsche and I didn't want to leave out anything that I might miss. That and PDCC is part of the Performance Package in the US.

OP
OP
Prosus

Prosus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You dealer has given you a discount?!

In the UK it's insinuated we should feel lucky to even get an allocation, let alone a discount!
I think the demand for Taycans is higher in the UK compared to the Netherlands. Unfortunately for you guys :(

Ultimately, it's your car. Spec it how you want it, no point taking delivery and feeling like you have really missed out on an option you wish you had.
If money isn't an issue I wouldn't remove anything that you "might" regret not speccing later on.
I’ll stick to the config, but will add Race Tech to the B-pillar :)

BurntToast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1986 944 turbo and 2022 Taycan GTS (soon)
Country flag
Thank you @TaycanHero (again), @Sidicks, @W1NGE and @BurntToast.

I will do some more research on PDCC and PSCB. Valid point not to compare it with an ICE. PSCB brakes do look awesome in my opinion, but perhaps I can find a configuration which still looks nice (e.g. the suggested black brake calipers).

Also I'll look into InnoDrive. Without it, you still have lane assist and adaptive cruise control? I do like that a lot.

I do now have a production slot. Do you guys know when the freeze date is? Is that a fixed number of days before the production starts?
I was concerned about skipping PDCC, but the handling is amazing even without it. I'm glad I left it off.

I originally had PSCB spec'd and removed it. The standard brakes are great and you can always have the calipers painted if color is what you are after.

I have lane assist and adaptive cruise control but not innodrive. I did that so that I'd have the hardware required and can add innodrive over the air if I so choose.

Additional thoughts...

Rear axle steering has also been amazing and helpful in getting in/out of tight spots.

I added massage seats but they are mediocre.
Sponsored